 Gaming / 1359
Re: LEGO gaming at Gen Con?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 02:13:16 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Frank Filz writes:
8 hours of running. What is the scheduling like at GenCon? I've never
been.

Four, four-hour timeslots each day, but events can take any multiple of 1/2
slots.

A good idea, though the campaign version of the Pirate Game is suitable
for beginners to start in. Also, since it allows coming and going,
people need not commit to the entire session time. 4 hours would give a
good feel for the game.

It could be run as three (or four) successive time slots each as a seperate
event, and people woudl be free to register for mutiple adjacent ones or not.
It would be weird picking up in the middle, but it's doable.

Also, what sort of time is there for pick up games and such? I'd love
the opportunity to get a bunch of friends and rules hacks together for a
session of the RPG I've been running (a home brew system created by a
college friend). It has some neat features that would be cool to
introduce more people to.

Is that the standard deviation system?  I'd like a chance to play.

8 hours would be a minimum, it's also about the most I can do without a
good break. Assistant GMs would help a lot, though if I was to actually
take a break for some time, we would have to have a good feel for how to
handle the "scenario" islands. I think it would be cool to continue the
game over two days.

I think that's doable.

Chris