 Gaming / 1331
Re: LEGO gaming at Gen Con?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Sun, 2 Feb 2003 20:04:04 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Christopher L. Weeks writes:
Hi all,

I'm wondering who's planning to go to Gen Con this summer in Indy and who's up
for some LEGO gaming?

More than that, I think it would be nifty to get an entire track of LEGO games
going so that they could justify giving us a designated space.  BrickWars of
all tech levels, Pirate Games, etc. -- anything would be cool!

I expect there are some few LUGnuts planning to go to Gen Con just anyway, and
then some number of people who would make plans to go if a LEGO track were
installed.  I'd like to hear from either group.

I'm in contact with their program management about a LEGO track, but I expect
they're going to want some assurance that we can committ to a significant draw.
Can we?

Chris

Hmmm... I'd go, but the problem is getting out there. Otherwise, that sounds
like a good idea.  I don't know if they would give us a designated space,
much of it is always consumed for the card games, Axis and Allies,
Warhammer, RPGs, and then there is the exhibit hall. I'm not sure how much
room there is, but last year it was hard to find a space.  They actually had
a ballroom devoted just to Mage Knights and another just for Warhammer, even
though the Warhammer room was very dead for at least two days, just showing
they're really silly with their space.