 Gaming / 1351
Re: LEGO gaming at Gen Con?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 19:24:58 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Christopher L. Weeks writes:
Hi all,

I'm wondering who's planning to go to Gen Con this summer in Indy and who's up
for some LEGO gaming?

More than that, I think it would be nifty to get an entire track of LEGO games
going so that they could justify giving us a designated space.  BrickWars of
all tech levels, Pirate Games, etc. -- anything would be cool!

I expect there are some few LUGnuts planning to go to Gen Con just anyway, and
then some number of people who would make plans to go if a LEGO track were
installed.  I'd like to hear from either group.

I'm in contact with their program management about a LEGO track, but I expect
they're going to want some assurance that we can committ to a significant draw.
Can we?

It's starting to sound like we can at least staff a partial track; you might
want to revisit it with the organizers.  At the very least, let's try and
get all the games in the same place and maybe try for a consistent time
slot.  (Room X from noon-8 every day, or something like that)

Chris Weeks - ?? hours, Brik Wars
James Seibert - 16+ hours, Brik Wars, Pirate Wars
Frank Filz - ?? hours, Pirate Game
James Brown - 8 hours, Lego Wars: TSV & FBA (For Big Armies, coming soon)

Possible others (not yet contacted, no idea of availability):
Steve Jackson - Pirate Game
Stephen Gabriel - Pirate Wars

Does someone know Steve Jackson well enough to ask him?  I'm willing to fire
him an e-mail, but he doesn't know me from Adam.  My experience with
well-known folks is that if they don't know you from Adam, you get filed
with all the other nutbars they get e-mail from. :)

Another thing we might want to do is contact LD, and see if they will donate
some prizes or (IMHO, a better plan) sacrifice some K8's to the cause and
have an open play area.  Nothing like a big tub o' parts if we want crowd
appeal.  Or heck, both. :)  One thing an open play area would let us do is
add a "Junk Yard Wars"-style event to the track, which would add to the
'walk-in and stay' power.

James "making his flight reservations" Brown