 Events / BrickFest / *2158 (-100)
  Streamliner Dome Car for Santa Fe train by Brick Built Trains (J. Mathis)

Hello, everyone, This January 27, 2004, I would like to announce a streamliner dome car design to complement the official LEGO(R) Santa Fe(R) train set. The design features fully removable roof sections, a lift out upper deck of sets, spiral stairs (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX) !!

  Re: BrickFest PDX

(...) Nope, but I have a pretty good idea what the first question will be: "What the heck was LEGO thinking when they decided to change several of their most common colors?" JohnG, GMLTC (21 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest PDX Advance Registration ends Jan 30th.

(...) LOL! (21 years ago, 24-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest PDX Advance Registration ends Jan 30th.

(...) Maybe it's Matt Gerber:) Paul (21 years ago, 23-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest PDX Advance Registration ends Jan 30th.

(...) Anybody know who the Keynote/Invited Speaker will be on Friday @17:45? -mark (21 years ago, 23-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Official BrickFest PDX Hotel

(...) The (URL) Red Lion> has just extended their $69 rate until 15 days prior to the event. So, make your reservations before the 29th. As of right now 21 days till BrickFest PDX !!!! I can't wait. This is going to be a blast. Christina Hitchcock (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.loc.us.id, lugnet.loc.us.nv, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.mt, lugnet.loc.us.wy, lugnet.loc.us.ut, lugnet.org, lugnet.people, FTX)

  Re: The Brickfest PDX Moonbase Build Up!

(...) Hey now! Just watch out for those Moonbase eating sheep! Just ask the Shpleem. (URL) And another thing to look out for, the sheep seem to be evolving. Thomas "Beware of the Sheep" (21 years ago, 23-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: The Brickfest PDX Moonbase Build Up!

(...) And here's my module as of today, still undergoing heavy work. (URL) It's going to need a couple of parts orders before its public debut at PDX. While it features a totally different color scheme than 3GA's 3vil Skullmodule, a happy joyful (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: The Brickfest PDX Moonbase Build Up!

(...) <snip> (...) COOL!!! A Castle-eating moonbase module!!! (21 years ago, 22-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Another MOC coming in for the BrickFest PDX 2004 Flyin..

Hi all, another craft has requested clearance for landing at Portland for the BrickFest PDX 2004 Flyin- (URL) an X-15 test plane. Permission has been granted for landing, and other crafts are approaching PDX airspace and requesting clearance. Joe (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: The Brickfest PDX Moonbase Build Up!

(...) Dang it, boy! Where's that Frapp-o-matic blaster? Don't worry about that base... When we locate it, it will become the magma filled crater of JUSTICE!! We believe the signals of the 3vil one are coming from here: (URL) Probes are being (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: PDX to LAX and then to Legoland/CA

(...) Hi Teunis, I'm sure others here have their own opinions about the Megacorporation that is Disney, but if you're a fan of Disney movies (and especially if you have kids) then you probably should go to Disneyland. I'm fairly sure it's the #1 (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: The Brickfest PDX Moonbase Build Up!

(...) *see deleted picture* Ah heck no! Umm, Admiral Giddens...mesa tinkin wesa needin the rest of those Space Rangers to get with da program! *gulp & self-slap for speaking Binkish* Scaredly, ªþ§ (21 years ago, 22-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.space, FTX)

  The Palmer Palm, The Sandlin Slam and the Filtz Fling!

Additional services include: For $7.00 get the Sandlin Slam! You get Slamed by Sandlin! Be the first to be body slammed by the second tallest AFoL! For $6.50 get the Palmer Palm! You get Palmed by Palmer! Be the second to be palmed! (that day!) For (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: The Brickfest PDX Moonbase Build Up!

(...) Indeed it is. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! (URL) (That photo is about 50% completion, and the eye won't have the printing when all's done.) Your Lord and Master, 3GA (URL) (21 years ago, 22-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Announcing the "Larry Moment" A PDX Exclusive!

Dear friends, this year at Brick Fest PDX, I will be offering a special first come first serve super special offer that I am offering: The Larry Moment - tm Yes, if you pay just 10 cents you too can hug Larry. For an additional 5 cents, you can (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.off-topic.fun) !

  Re: The Brickfest PDX Moonbase Build Up!

As of two days ago: (URL) Definitely not much there, but I keep plugging away at it. Buildings are a completely new project for me, and coupled with a general lack of good black pieces this is turning into one of my more challenging models. But (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: PDX to LAX and then to Legoland/CA

(...) Thanks for this information ! I been told that there is a LEGO store next to Disneyland,By anoyther AFOL . I have booked in my trip to go to Universal Studios and Legoland California.After Brickfest PDX .Is there much to look at ,at Disneyland (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Commemorative BrickFest PDX 2004 OCC Model

(...) I've just brought my 66 piece BrickFest PDX model ! I would love to buy Jeremy's model for 10 US !! Can't wait to Brickfest PDX !!! To see Jeremy's model & many other great models. Thanks , Teunis. M>ltc (21 years ago, 22-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: PDX to LAX and then to Legoland/CA

(...) Also remember there's a Lego store in Downtown Disney, the entertainment/shopping area between Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure. Admission to DD is free even if you don't go to the theme parks (though if you stay longer you have to (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Brickfest PDX minifig sigfig update and call to arms

Hi all. As the magical date grows closer and closer, the anticipation grows with it. From everything I've seen, this is shaping up to be a monumental event. I can't wait to get there. As a lot of you already know, I am hosting a minifig roundtable (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jan-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  Re: Timed ISD Team Build at BrickFest PDX 2004

(...) Not to split hairs or anything, but the first build took 1 hour, 42 minutes, and 43 seconds. (I have the original record sheet in front of me.) Gosh. That was less than a year ago. It feels like it was three lifetimes ago. Kick some ISD butt, (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Timed ISD Team Build at BrickFest PDX 2004

(...) Not to split hairs or anything, but the first build took 1 hour, 42 minutes, and 43 seconds. (I have the original record sheet in front of me.) Gosh. That was less than a year ago. It feels like it was three lifetimes ago. Kick some ISD butt, (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  BrickFest PDX Advance Registration ends Jan 30th.

January, 30th is the last day of Advanced Registration for BrickFest PDX! (URL) PDX.BrickFest.com > What is it? (URL) BrickFest! > Where is it this time? The (URL) Oregon Convention center> in beautiful Portland Oregon When is it? February 13-15th (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, FTX) !!

  BrickFest 2004 PDX .space sig-fig line-up - mail in your character!

Hi all, Whether you are attending Brickfest PDX or not, YOU can take part in the .space sig-fig lineup! We'll set up a big ol' mess of characters in the space layout (probably somewhere on the moonbase) and the .space paparazzi will take some (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, lugnet.fun.community, FTX) !!

"Stephen F Roberts" <wubwub@wildlink.com> wrote in message news:6.0.1.1.2.20040...5.40.22... (...) seems (...) I guess we'll never have a Brickfest in Columbus then... Columbus Convention Center Photo: (URL) at the convention center anyway. (21 years ago, 20-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Timed ISD Team Build at BrickFest PDX 2004

(...) Vous trouverez les photos de ce record ici : (URL) You will find some pictures of the LW 2003 world record here : (URL) L'équipe de LW 2003 étaient composés de membres de DeBouwsteen, Belug et FreeLUG. <www.freelug.org> Les membres de FreeLUG (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Timed ISD Team Build at BrickFest PDX 2004

Timed ISD Team Build at BrickFest PDX 2004 Are you ready to rumble? It's time to break that world record once again and at what better place than at a world class LEGO® fan organize event like BrickFest PDX 2004! With Adult Fans of LEGO® (AFOL) (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, FTX) !!

  Re: Festival of the Moon: the PDX Classic-Castle Event

I would also like to encourage people to bring CCC buildings to Portland. Even though I can not attend, I will send my City Gate and haycart with Lenny for everyone to see. (URL) Hopefully this will be a massive castle display! Ben E. (21 years ago, 20-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Festival of the Moon: the PDX Classic-Castle Event

Come One and Come All! Lord Marshal Leonhart of Tallahia invites you to the Festival of the Moon, to be held at Brickfest PDX. Merchants and Artisans will be temporarily relocating their shops and houses to Portland for what may be the largest (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX) !!

  Re: Commemorative BrickFest PDX 2004 OCC Model

On 16:11 19/01/2004, Larry Pieniazek wrote (...) That's a _great_ minimodel and a great idea for a commemorative model! I'm still holding out hope-against-hope that somehow I can make PDX wurk! (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Commemorative BrickFest PDX 2004 OCC Model

(...) Good point. Unfortunately your 66 piece model will not be QUITE as nice as this one: (URL) Jeremy's model> but it's a beaut. Here's the (URL) info page> and here's a specific (URL) image link> Larry Pieniazek Expo Coordinator, Trains Session (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

Got image? I didn't see one when I followed the link - but the post seems to describe one. "James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message news:Hrr5ML.1LoC@lugnet.com... (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Commemorative BrickFest PDX 2004 OCC Model

BrickFest PDX 2004 Commemorative Oregon Convention Center model To celebrate the BrickFest PDX 2004 event, we are pleased to announce the availability of a 66-piece display model of the Oregon Convention Center. This model features the OCC in (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.org, lugnet.build, lugnet.people, FTX) !!

  BrickFest PDX 2004 Mosaic Event

BrickFest PDX 2004 Mosaic Event BrickFest PDX attendees will witness an attempt at an admirably audacious affair--the on-site construction of a huge LEGO mosaic built out of 1x1 LEGO plates. And everyone's invited to help--or even compete! That's (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jan-04, to lugnet.build.mosaic, lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  BrickFest PDX 2004 - Where are you coming from? (01.17.04)

Want to know "Where in the World" your fellow "LEGO Maniac" colleagues are coming from for BrickFest PDX 2004? Take a look at the spectacular representation of attendees from all over the world! Australia: Victoria: Chadstone, Melbourne Canada: (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, lugnet.org, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.org.us, FTX) !!

  Re: The Brickfest PDX Moonbase Build Up!

(...) The extra 4-connection module makes sense. A veritable hub of 3vil. Me likes. Consider my module a single-connector. --Ryan W. (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: The Brickfest PDX Moonbase Build Up!

(...) Muahahaha. I think my 3vil Skullmodule will have one connection, and then I will make a 4-way connector behind it, perhaps with some greebles or a tower or some such. That would leave 3 connection points for others to join me in my 3vil ways. (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: The Brickfest PDX Moonbase Build Up!

One question while I'm at a pause in my building- what type of module do you guys find you usually need more of: 1, 2, 3 or 4 corridored-modules? I'd like to help out by building my model however best it can be used, though I do have a stipulation (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Find a Ride / Roommate for BrickFest PDX 2004

I’d like to let you know about the newest feature on the web site, "Find a Ride / Roommate" for BrickFest PDX. It is linked from both the registered participants “My Account” page (URL) or by going to the PDX web site. Selecting the purple ”Travel (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community) !

  Re: Share Your Moonbase Module Construction Images!

(...) well, it appears that I'll have to build a Jet Car for BF PDX now... Joe (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Share Your Moonbase Module Construction Images!

(...) If Pecos wasn't in Tibet I could tell you *exactly* why that watermelon is there. (URL) j o n (URL) zemi.net> (URL) moonbase> (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Share Your Moonbase Module Construction Images!

(...) ...(snip) (...) Did you say Buckaroo Banzai? Let me read that again...you DID! Jon, you went from really cool to really cool! Joe Meno .space paparazzi! (who will eventually make a Jet Car...) (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Train builders, I have a proposition

(...) This sounds like a lot of fun. I'd do it, if only to see what scary and completely unprototypical things you lot would come up with, except I don't have luggage space for a module, nor time to build one between now and then, unfortunately. But (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Train builders, I have a proposition

Here's an update. I'll try to speak up over the crickets. I spoke to Holger Matthes via email about the "theme swap" (yeah that's the new term) and he's into it. Luggage willing, he might even make a Moonbase 1592. Now that would rock. Just sayin'. (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Share Your Moonbase Module Construction Images!

Use this thread to share images of the Moonbase Modules you are building. (You building new Moonbase Modules, right?) To kick it off: (URL) This is a shot of the 2 SuperModules that Gary McIntire and I are working on. We plan on having them next to (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Micro Moonbase Standard (was Re: The Brickfest PDX Moonbase Build Up!)

"Tobbe Arnesson" <StPnAtM@lotek.nu> wrote in message news:HrIyFx.1DCu@lugnet.com... <snip lots to think about> The only thing about the 16x16 baseplates that bothers me is most of them are in green. It's very hard to get these in gray and somewhat (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.space)

  Re: The Brickfest PDX Moonbase Build Up!

(...) Putting some pressure on me to do that translation huh? I'll get to work. (and for those of you who don't want to wait, here's the write-up from that meeting in Swedish: (URL) and a direct link to the page about the moonbase (Månbas): (URL) ) (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.space)

  Re: The Brickfest PDX Moonbase Build Up!

(...) Sure did! And that was only a little part of the fun we had, even though I didn't win the ULV competition (my non-lego-building wife did!). (...) Well, we don't have too much Lego (only Tobbe can build in 48x48 size), and this was our very (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.space)

  Re: The Brickfest PDX Moonbase Build Up!

(...) (URL) So what's the difference, excepting color and module size :-) -- Anders Isaksson, Sweden BlockCAD: (2 URLs) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.space)

  Re: BrickFest PDX 2004 - some serious train builders are going...

"Steven Barile" <steve.e.barile@intel.com> wrote in message news:HrEI3F.1s25@lugnet.com... (...) Uh, count me out. I have a date in the Bahamas. A firm project completion date, that is. Flying out next Wednesday for 5 weeks of no rest and (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Train builders, I have a proposition

(...) Seems like a really good idea, lots of fun to see what the other side would build. Perhaps we can plan to do something similar at Brickfest DC as well. Something like the 'swap jobs for a day' that some companies do to bolster company unity. (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Train builders, I have a proposition

I extend my hand from one facet of our hobby to another. Mark Sandlin (man I can't wait till he wakes up) and I will build rolling stock for the PDX layout if I can get 2 "non Space" trainspotters (1) to contribute at least one 48x48 module each to (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: The Brickfest PDX Moonbase Build Up!

(...) with Mark that that isn't a Moonbase. (a tighter color scheme, or some "neighborhoods" could help too) However, to spin this into something positive I'd like to talk about the long discussed Micro Moonbase standard. Maybe we could even have a (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Auctions at BrickFest PDX 2004

Whoops! Bad links - those should point to (URL). Sorry about that! -Matt :) (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Auctions at BrickFest PDX 2004

Ready to get some deals? Have some surplus LEGO you need to unload? Remember the excitement of your last great find? It is getting dusty on your shelf now - time to pass it along! Put it in the auction to be held at (URL) BrickFest PDX 2004>! We (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, FTX) !!

  Re: The Brickfest PDX Moonbase Build Up!

(...) Ew, there's some Pooh on that table! (2 URLs) Tony Hafner (URL) www.hafhead.com> (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: The Brickfest PDX Moonbase Build Up!

(...) This is what a moonbase looks like, right here: (URL) -Grand Admiral .space Curator (URL) P.S. Help! I'm trapped in an 3vil petting zoo! (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest PDX 2004 - Portland, Oregon, USA - Things to See & Do!

(...) Microbrews! As someone who interned there for a year (and loved it), I'd like to point out that Portland is widely recognized as home to the nation's largest variety of microbrews (for those Brickfesters over 21). Some of them are listed at (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: The Brickfest PDX Moonbase Build Up!

(...) In fact, we built a moonbase with 64 modules at the latest meeting of Swedish Lego Nuts, but that was cheating as we used my half-scale standard (16x16 modules): (URL) Isaksson, Sweden BlockCAD: (2 URLs) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.space)

  Robo Waiter - a BrickFest PDX Robot competition

Announcing a robot competition for BrickFest PDX... Robo Waiter: Line tracking while carrying mini-soccer balls ---...--- Build a Robotic Waiter that can carry a tray full of mini Lego soccer balls (or equivalently, basket balls) around a track. (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics.events) !!

  (canceled)

  Re: The Brickfest PDX Moonbase Build Up!

(...) I'm working on at least one module for PDX, in conjunction with Mark Sandlin and 3vil. First con, first moonbase. Should be fun :) --Ryan (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: The Brickfest PDX Moonbase Build Up!

(...) But if you like big modules: (2 URLs) j o n (URL) zemi.net> (URL) moonbase> (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.space, FTX)

  The Brickfest PDX Moonbase Build Up!

You have about a month to get your Moonbase Modules ready. If you are coming to the Fest, bring a Module! Remember that the standard was changed last summer to rase corridors by 2 bricks. Check out the website for more info: (URL) still need to work (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.space) !!

  BrickFest PDX 2004 - some serious train builders are going...

Hi Fellow Train-heads, At BrickFest PDX 2004 there is going to be a who's who of train builders! (foot in mouth list...) Holger Matthes and Ben Beneke(FGLTC) from Germany, James Mathis, (Mr 8 Wide) John Neal(TCLTC), John Gerlach(GMLTC), Rob (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.trains) !

  Sessions at PDX Brickfest 2004?

Forgive me if this is posted somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it. Is there a schedule of the sessions available? I'm coming from the local area, so I won't likely be relieved of all my dad taxiing duties during the weekend, so I'll have to (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest Door Prizes

Hi All, We'd like to announce a new Door Prize drawing method that directly involves the BrickFest PDX attendees! We have over $2000 of prizes this year (thanks to Jake via LEGO and all our other private sponsors!!!)! Instead of the normal (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.games, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.org.us) !!

  Re: Matt's Roller Coaster is Back!

(...) Oh, I wish I could see it with my own eyes for once...(Living in Holland, the States are a bit too far away from me of course...) (...) AAaaaaarrRRRggGGGGHHhhHh!!! (...) You mean you're willing to sell it? Oooh, wish I had the money for it.... (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  BrickFest PDX 2004 - Portland, Oregon, USA - Things to See & Do!

Have some time to explore through Portland while at Brickfest PDX 2004? Not sure what Portland, Oregon, USA is all about? Check out these cool and informative PDX Websites prior to arriving BrickFest PDX 2004! :: transportation :: PDX Airport - (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.org.us, FTX) !!

  Re: You're invited to the first BrickFest MINI MOC Flyin!

OK, Joe,I've got a little MOC I want to fly in. It's a weather (or aircraft - haven't made up my mind about a backstory yet)-sensing ROV, not modelled after anything real, but realistic enough to fit in with the rules of this display. Size is (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Matt's Roller Coaster is Back!

My brother and I built a roller coaster back in 1980 (I was only 12 at the time)!! And yes of course, it was based on the roller coaster from the ideas book 241. We didn't have enough rail tracks; it was only a downhill (from top of a book-case, (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Lufthansa Non-Stops Flights to PDX (was: Fares to BrickFest PDX)

(...) ** FELLOW AFOLs IN EUROPE ** Lufthansa Airline offers a direct non-stop flight from Frankfurt to PDX. (URL) Also one-way airfare from PDX to Frankfurt non-stop is only $169.00!!!! -jeremy <www.pnltc.org> (21 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Fares to BrickFest PDX

(...) And, From Tampa, Florida (TPA-PDX) $229 (Delta) 1 stop in ATL or other hubs Do'h that's $95 less them I paid last week! :(.... Robin W GFLTC (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Matt's Roller Coaster is Back!

I will be showing my roller coaster one last time at (URL) PDX> this February. If you want to see it in action, come to this event, because it will be taken apart afterwards (unless someone decides they want to own it for themselves, of course). See (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, lugnet.loc.us.id, lugnet.loc.us.ca, FTX) !!

  Re: Fares to BrickFest PDX

(...) Whoa, I'm flying from Raleigh/Durham for $315 on Southwest. Got the ticket couple of weeks ago. Geoff, you're much closer than I assumed! Joe Meno .space paparazzi! (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Fares to BrickFest PDX

(...) My ticket from Clt (Charlotte, NC) was $293 on United. I bought it Monday. (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest PDX 2004 Animation Festival Entry Forms Available Online

Animators and BrickFest PDX 2004 Participants, Deadlines for Tell-a-Joke Animation Competition and "History of Flight" Animation Competition being held February 13th and 14 at BricksFest PDX 2004 are quickly approaching. The entries must be received (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jan-04, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.events.brickfest) !!

  Re: Fares to BrickFest PDX

Hi All, I was watching the news this morning and heard a report that United, American & Delta airlines are lowering their ticket prices today! SteveB (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Fares to BrickFest PDX

(...) Jake --- Jake McKee Webmaster - BIP (URL) (21 years ago, 8-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Fares to BrickFest PDX

Hi All, We are 36 days away from the big event! Just a reminder to those who are traveling from a far... Often the less expensive airplane ticket fares require a 14 day advance purchase. Well we'll be there before you know it! Here's some fares from (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.gflug, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug) !!

  Re: PDX Airport to Portland covention centre.

(...) No such thing as stupid questions. :-) (...) It's 8 miles (12.8 km) from PDX to the OCC. In Joe Meno's message, he mentions 38 minutes. Actually, when Todd Lehman came out for one of our events last April, it took him only about 20 minutes to (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.legoland.california, FTX)

  Re: New Version of pbForth with DCC Support Released

(...) Enough interest? How about this: I think there'd be a HUGE interest! What would it take to convince you? We have no DCC session on tap as of right now, (1) and this would go well in robotics AND trains!!! Please do come! 1 - we were angling (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Minifig roundtable and swapmeet at Brickfest PDX

(...) Thanks Terry. We'll definately keep you in the loop. Long live the minifig! (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Minifig roundtable and swapmeet at Brickfest PDX

(...) Although it is impossible for me to attend BrickFest, I'd be happy to cooperate and help. I'm also very interested in hosting the results of this roundtable, if you need a website. My new domain, minifigville.com, is in my opinion an (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: PDX to LAX and then to Legoland/CA

(...) Thanks For all the Information ! About transport from PDX to P,C,C & LAX to LLCA. I have now changed my Itinerary. From the Information that you have given me about transport to Legoland California. I'm now staying in Anaheim, and Going to (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: PDX to LAX and then to Legoland/CA

LAX to Legoland is definitely twice as far to Legoland than John Wayne Airport (a.k.a. Orange County, or SNA). Plan on the trip taking at least 1 hr from Orange County Airport and probably a minimum of 2 hours from LAX, again, this will depend on (...) (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.legoland.california)

"Teunis Davey" <teunisdavey@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Hqpn52.MFs@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) Someone from LA will have to give you definitive data but it is a ways. LA traffic will make it worse. When I went to LEGOLand a (...) (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: PDX Airport to Portland covention centre.

(...) There are no stupid questions.These are pretty much the same questions I asked when I set up my reservations. (...) 38 minutes by public transportation (...) Yes, from the sirport to the convention center: (URL) 3- Does the Red Lion inn have a (...) (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.legoland.california)

  PDX Airport to Portland covention centre.

Hello All, I am coming over to Portland,for Brickfest PDX .On Thursday ,the 12 of Febuary. And I have a few Questions to ask. Sorry ,if some of them are stupid. 1- How far is it from the PDX Airport to the Portland Convention Centre ? 2- Is there (...) (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: You're invited to the first BrickFest MINI MOC Flyin!

(...) Sorry for the late answer...I thought I answered this but it never made it to LUGNET. Anyways, the answer I have is yes! The only real rule is that the MOC be a scale smaller than minifig, although there can be exceptions to that rule, based (...) (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest Display Cards

BrickFest PDX, Portland, OR....is only 46 days away! Have you reserved your MOC Display space yet? and have you checked out what we are organizing for this event? (URL) Display Cards are available for registered participants to complete. If you plan (...) (21 years ago, 29-Dec-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.id, lugnet.loc.us.nv, lugnet.loc.us.ca) !!

  Re: Minifig roundtable and swapmeet at Brickfest PDX

(...) does cross-reference sets, which is one thing I do want to do. I noticed there are some minifigs on legofigs.com that are not here (specifically a couple of promotional space minifigs). Also, is the database being used here something we could (...) (21 years ago, 29-Dec-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Re: Minifig roundtable and swapmeet at Brickfest PDX

(...) Also there is (URL) for minifig parts/set information (although it does not track minifigs as such) (URL) TWS Garrison (URL) capital letters in address for direct reply. (21 years ago, 28-Dec-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Minifig roundtable and swapmeet at Brickfest PDX

Hi All, I will be putting together a minifig roundtable at Brickfest PDX in February to allow collectors and others to build a universally accepted database of minifigs (and of course have a swapmeet so we can trade minifigs as well). The goal of (...) (21 years ago, 28-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX) !!

  Re: You're invited to the first BrickFest MINI MOC Flyin!

(...) Joe, Does MINI scale mean on the order of the Star Wars Minis that are currently out on the market? Too small for minifigs, but larger than 'microscale'? Or somewhere encompassing both? Are you observing a set relative scale (like 1:144 in (...) (21 years ago, 24-Dec-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Needed: Castle Coordinator for BrickFest PDX 2004

(...) Atch! Too far for me! Now, if you could just move the whole event to Portland, Maine..... *laugh* Good luck finding someone! Have you tried asking on Classic Castle? www.classic-castle.com Dave O (21 years ago, 24-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: You're invited to the first BrickFest MINI MOC Flyin!

Hi Joe, I've heard briefly of your request from a prior SEALUG meeting... If you'd like, I could probably send you either a few of my MOCs and perhaps the mock up I did of the box for this a few years ago... www.brickshelf.com/c...i?i=104409 I've a (...) (21 years ago, 23-Dec-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Needed: Castle Coordinator for BrickFest PDX 2004

(...) Portland. (I think the header of events.brickfest shows you the link to pdx.brickfest.com where you can get more info) Unfortunately it's Portland OR, not Portland ME. But everywhere is close if you're going by air. :-) Larry Pieniazek Expo (...) (21 years ago, 23-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Needed: Castle Coordinator for BrickFest PDX 2004

(...) Frank, Where is this event? I'd be happy to fill in if it's close to New Hampshire! Dave OHare (21 years ago, 23-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.events.brickfest)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact