 Events / BrickFest / 2111
Re: The Brickfest PDX Moonbase Build Up!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 09:31:09 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Anders Isaksson wrote:
Jon Palmer wrote:
It looks like you had fun and put some work into that setup,

Sure did! And that was only a little part of the fun we had, even though I
didn't win the ULV competition (my non-lego-building wife did!).

Putting some pressure on me to do that translation huh?

I'll get to work.

(and for those of you who don't want to wait, here's the write-up from that
meeting in Swedish: http://news.lugnet.com/loc/se/traff_031024 and a direct link
to the page about the moonbase (Månbas):
http://news.lugnet.com/loc/se/traff_031024_moon )

but I
would agree with Mark that that isn't a Moonbase. (a tighter color
scheme, or some "neighborhoods" could help too)

Well, we don't have too much Lego (only Tobbe can build in 48x48 size), and
this was our very first attempt ever to build something real to the 16x16
size, so I'd say it's a heroic first attempt :-)

Hum, yes, I *could* build in 48 x 48 but it was far more fun to whip out a lot
of 16 x 16 modules!

Would you or anyone who contributed to that layout be interested in
helping develop the micro or nanoscale standard for Moonbase?

I have two suggestions for standards at:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=27313 16x16

And that works splendid!

Here's another view by Tony Alexander:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=27517  8x8

Too small for my taste, it's tuff to get any detail in there.

--
Best regards,
/Tobbe