 Space / 30421
Re: Micro Moonbase Standard (was Re: The Brickfest PDX Moonbase Build Up!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 17:04:43 GMT

Jon Palmer wrote:

The only thing about the 16x16 baseplates that bothers me is most of
them are in green.  It's very hard to get these in gray and somewhat
difficult to make them with plates.

I never thought about that, I just selected something and went along...

Also, it divides 32x32 evenly, something which is not possible with a 12x12.
And there's the 32x32 crater bases too.

What about considering 12x12?

Too small to make interior details, I think. Doesn't match 32x32.

It's cool that nine 16x16 baseplates add up to one 48x48 module,

So build nine modules on a 48x48, or four on a 32x32, or call it a
'supermodule' :-)

I would be all for the 16x16 scale if it wasn't for how hard it is to
get them in gray.

Just buy 48x48 and cut down to 16x16. I think that's justified in this case
:-)

Side question: Does anyone have an idea how to make (some kind of) a
monorail out of old blue rails?

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery/index.htm