 Space / 30485
Re: Micro Moonbase Standard (was Re: The Brickfest PDX Moonbase Build Up!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 06:45:20 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tony Alexander wrote:
In lugnet.space, Tobbe Arnesson wrote:
16 x 16 baseplates are hard to get, but cutting a 48 x 48 is simple and should
be affordable for most. This gives nine "microplates". So each plate cost about
$1 US.
Don't like.  I don't wanna break my toys.

You have the option not to do so by making super modules.

Don't make a standard that small collectors can't use. It would take the point
out of the standard IMHO.
     Agreed big time.  Having to buy a 48x48 baseplate, then chop it up, would
be kinda anti-small-collector, IMHO.  It's a solution, but I think using 1 plate
for 1-9 MOCcers works much better.

The 48 x 48 baseplate investment should be affordable for most at $10. If you
can't afford that then perhaps you should not spend the money to go to a
gathering either? Still, point taken.

Corridor connections are a technic 1x2 brick with a centered hole, centered
on the edge of the baseplate with a minimum 2-stud setback.
     But what about the little Mini-Minifigs?  3 bricks between levels I agree
with for a level height, and this gives enough room for a little person made of
a 1x1 brick topped by a 1x1 square plate (legs and torso, respectively) topped
by a 1x1 round plate (head).  IMHO, it would be more fun to have little
people/aliens/minicritters running around the Mini-Moonbase area.

Anders used people like these in his modules, I opted for this by Brian Musaz:

Also, the new brick found in the X-pod sets should come in handy building
civilian indoor guys:

Best regards,
/Tobbe
<http://www.lotek.nu>