 Events / BrickFest / 2077
Re: PDX Airport to Portland covention centre.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.legoland.california
Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 2004 06:38:59 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Teunis Davey wrote:
   Hello All, I am coming over to Portland,for Brickfest PDX .On Thursday ,the 12 of Febuary. And I have a few Questions to ask. Sorry ,if some of them are stupid.

No such thing as stupid questions. :-)

   1- How far is it from the PDX Airport to the Portland Convention Centre ?

It’s 8 miles (12.8 km) from PDX to the OCC. In Joe Meno’s message, he mentions 38 minutes. Actually, when Todd Lehman came out for one of our events last April, it took him only about 20 minutes to get there from the airport, and this seems typical from others’ experiences. :-) This was also on a weekday, and times range anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes commute time. Please visit http://www.trimet.org to plan your arrvial to the Oregon Convention Center (On the right hand side of the front page you will see a Trip Planner: Type in “PDX” in the From field, and “Convention Center” in the To field to get an accurate descritpion of your itenerary).

   2- Is there Public transport ? Train , Bus , etc. ?

Absolutely. You will find that Portland has one of the best public transportation systems in the U.S. We have TRIMET, which is the regional public transportation system in the upper Willamette Valley of Oregon. It provides bus, carpool and lightrail transportation means. The Portland Streetcar (Skoda-Inekon trains) is an affiliated system which runs through downtown, connecting Portland State University to the Pearl District, which is a beautiful urban neighborhood. Please visit http://www.portlandstreetcar.org. We also have one of the most active alternative hybrid transportation systems around called FlexCar.

   3- Does the Red Lion inn have a web site , were I could book accommodation

Please visit http://pdx.brickfest.com/hotels.php, and http://www.redlion.com/WHC/hotels/ShowHotel.asp?ID=187 for more information on this. :-)

   4- What is the weather like that time of year ?

Mid February is usally mild to cooler. The rain doesn’t seem to set in until around March or April. Last February we had very warm days, in the 70s if I recall correctly.

I was leaving Portland on the Monday morning and arriving at Los Angeles at 9.50am . And then going to California LegoLand.

1- How far is it from LAX Airport to LegoLand ? 2- Public transport ? 3- Is LegoLand Open on this day (16 Feb) ?

Please See Ray Silva’s email for So.Cal. transportation info.

It will be fantastic to see you there Teunis! Thank you for coming over to the States! :-)

-jeremy pnltc

www.pnltc.org