 Events / BrickFest / 2087
Re: Matt's Roller Coaster is Back!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 17:47:45 GMT

My brother and I built a roller coaster back in 1980 (I was only 12 at the
time)!! And yes of course, it was based on the roller coaster from the ideas
book 241. We didn't have enough rail tracks; it was only a downhill (from top of
a book-case, approx 5 feet high) with a loop. The track ended in a bucket of
water.
I couldn't get the idea out of my head for the next 20 years. With new pieces,
possibilities grew. But it was never built again...
During the last 2 months I've seen 2 roller coasters (completely different, but
equally brilliant). The track-layout I had in mind looks pretty much the same as
yours. What's the use of building it now? However I will try to make an
MLCAD-file of parts of my roller coaster, because my approach was not quite the
same (not the loop of course, I can't twist elements in MLCAD).

Play well

Maarten