 Events / *556 (-100)
  Re: Ambassador train for the PNLTC layout at LEGOLAND

Ok, well if can work some kind of sub-packaging out, then I don't mind sending them together. And if any other clubs want to bring theirs and add it to the shipment, thats fine. I will be bringing them back to Atlanta on Monday and sending them over (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Help! What should I bring to the fest?

(...) If you're not going, Bryan, why bother giving input? (...) I know I'd like to see the chess set if you have room, Shiri ++Lar (taking a break from brickfest packing, because I am not sure what to bring either!) (23 years ago, 8-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Help! What should I bring to the fest?

(...) <snip!> (...) Don't forget that this is *Brickfest*, not CastleWorldFest. There will be many non-castle people there who might rather see the chess set. I won't be leaving my Star Wars and Mecha MOCs at home just because they have nothing to (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Ambassador train for the PNLTC layout at LEGOLAND

(...) I think I can hack a way around that! (we may be able to get our car to Brickfest after all) I have till Friday to architect a solution, ne?. It may involve sending packaging inside the box. My original box was going to be priority mail (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Help! What should I bring to the fest?

(...) <snipped> (...) Ouch! I hope that was just poorly worded and not meant that way -- Or that I'm just reading that with the wrong inflection...! 8| I think Shiri's cabin was very nice. Gareth's Abode is awesome, too, I agree. :) (...) Joel J -- (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Help! What should I bring to the fest?

(...) Why would you even bother to bring the mini-chess set? If you can't bring everything , why bother bringing that at all if it has no major importance to your stories or characters whatsoever. Don't bother bringing the cabin , it's nothing (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  request for historical display

If anyone who has the 396 Thatcher Perkins Locomotive is coming to Brickfest, please, please consider bringing it for me and I'm sure oh so many others to admire. sheree (23 years ago, 7-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Help! What should I bring to the fest?

(...) bloodstone would come in handy for our little yellow friends at the gathering who need a place to sleep, eat, drink and hob-nob. it would be a crime if you did'nt bring daphne and rose's cabin. later ~ craig~ (just don't expect me to bring (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Help! What should I bring to the fest?

(...) Hey Shiri, Personally, I'd like to see Gareth's abode and Daphne and Rose's cabin. Fritz (who's bringin an Inn and maybe a dock and a ship) (23 years ago, 7-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Help! What should I bring to the fest?

Hey guys, I figured out that I don't have enough room to drag along all my creations... since I'm also bringing my campground and (hopefully) a summer house. So I need you guys to tell me - which creation would you rather have me bring to the 'fest? (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Rail Racers at Brickfest reminder

As we all know Castle people have their "Brickwars", and the Pirate people have their Pirate game, well we LTD's have Rail Racers and we will be racing next weeked at Brickfest. Unlike the other "games" Rail Racers doesn't depend on luck, there are (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  BrickFest ride share

I hope this will work, I hope this will help, but most importantly I hope this is not too late. (URL) similar chart will be set up at brickfest to aid in arranging rides to the LEGO Outlet store on Sunday morning. Christina Hitchcock (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: brickfest MOC cards

(...) section (...) For those of you that are having problems with the .pdf format I have added .jpg to the registration materials page. LMK if you have any other problems. Christina (23 years ago, 5-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: 9v Track Needed for Brickfest Train Room

(...) Nope. The count I gave was from local Wamalug members only. If your 200 straight are coming, that will help a lot! Thanks! Greg (23 years ago, 5-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  [rtlToronto] Train2 on August 11th, 2001: Poster Available

Hi folks, rtlToronto, a Group for Lego Enthusiasts in the Greater Toronto and Southern Ontario Area, will present rtlToronto/train2, our second Lego Train Show at the Lillian H Smith Public Library in sunny downtown Toronto, Saturday August 11th, (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: 9v Track Needed for Brickfest Train Room

(...) Greg did you count my 200 straight in this 600 count? (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Train/Monorail at Brickfest

(...) Troy I'll bring my monorail also.I have over 200 pieces of track(including over a 100 long straights) so we can build a really lonnnnnnnng layout:-) (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Historical Set Displays at BrickFest 2001

(...) I think a standardized card for official sets would be nice. As far as the info I asked for for Pirate sets, feel free to put any or all of it onto one of the standard MOC cards, my main interest is to try and collect some information in (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Historical Set Displays at BrickFest 2001

is there going to be a standardized card print for offical sets on display? or are we just going to use the moc card print by christina? Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in news:3B3C95EA.371E@m...pring.com: (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Train/Monorail at Brickfest

the monorail can be above all the trains lots of room! "Richard W. Schamus (legoman34)" <legoman34@mindspring.com> wrote in news:GFv8oL.vC@lugnet.com: (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Trains at BrickFest

exactly what i plan to do once i have the *gasp* budget for it to go along with my fish tank car "Rolf" <rolf.spamlovesyou.r...fords.net> wrote in news:GFuuFu.87q@lugnet.com: (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Train/Monorail at Brickfest

I can bring my monorail stuff if there is a need for it. I have 3 complete sets (2 6991 and 1 6990) plus a bunch of extra track. Here is what we did with it last time: (URL) may also be able to talk my brother into bringing his 6990. Troy Thomas (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Rail Racers (was:Trains at BrickFest)

Greg & Tom, I pretty much have the Rail Racers system ready to go for the fest. I don't if an area has been layout for the them yet. The drag strip will pretty much take a space of about 4'x 20', so I don't know if the plan is to keep it in the (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Historical Set Displays at BrickFest 2001

(...) Ack! Another thing I have to do! :) (...) I'll do what I can to give info--it's going to be hard enough for me to finish the big boat and a few islands before BrickFest! best Lindsay (23 years ago, 3-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.pirates)

  Official announcement: BRICKFEST Name tags

Ok. Here is the situation. I've had a problem with the affiliation, nickname, or website option on the registration page. Names on the name tag will appear as they do on the "List of Attendees" webpage. (URL) If you have any changes to them send (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  9v Track Needed for Brickfest Train Room

In order to create an awe-inspiring 9v layout, we're going to need some more 9v track. From local volunteers we have approximately 600+ pieces, but given the size of the room (about 60' x 60') we have room for plenty more. So, if you are able, (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train/Monorail at Brickfest

(...) There should be plenty of space, no problem. Out intent will be to create an integrated layout as much as possible -- so if others bring monorail items, we'd create a larger monorail setup, rather than 2 or 3 distinct ones. So please, mark (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: brickfest MOC cards

I'd like to thank Matthew Gerber for creating these for us. Christina H (23 years ago, 3-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  brickfest MOC cards

If you plan to bring MOC(s) to BrickFest please fill in the appropriate section of the MOC cards template which can be found at (URL) Hitchcock WAMALUG.org www.brickfest.com (23 years ago, 3-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Historical Set Displays at BrickFest 2001

(...) I can bring my 398 U.S.S. Constellation again this year. Maybe some '70s sets would be nice too. I could bring: 148 Central Station 550 Windmill 555 Hospital 580 Brickyard 770 Rescue Set -- Thomas Main main@appstate.edu (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Historical Set Displays at BrickFest 2001

(...) -- Thomas Main main@appstate.edu (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Train/Monorail at Brickfest

(...) I hope you bring the monorail. You and others. I wonder how big a monorail layout we can all make... Rich -- Have Fun! C-Ya! Legoman34 ***** Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (My views do not necessarily express the views of my employer...) (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Train/Monorail at Brickfest

(...) I would like to bring my 7740 12V train and 12V track/accessories. I think a 4x8 space would be about right for a medium-sized 12V layout. I also have a monorail layout that I would like to bring...that would be about 4x6. Let me know if (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Trains at BrickFest

ebay has lots of those "spy" camera thats very small. you can mount em anywhere. heh will be good to see such videos like driver's view of legos tracks. -- And they said 'Computers will never be in general use' "Jake McKee" <sink@countersinkdg.com> (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Trains at BrickFest

(...) I am playing with a way to mount my video camera to a car so we can film the view from the cab, so to speak, a la rtlToronto. I *loved* what they did and would like to see if we can re-create the effect. The problem with that is the 15 high (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Trains at BrickFest

I responded to Chris privately, but missed this public post: (...) Since we are creating the layout during the 'fest itself, we should be able to accomodate 8-widers with no problem. There may be some routes around the room that can only accomodate (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  T-minus 2 weeks and counting!!!

...Just a little note to quicken everyone's pulse :-) ...We are _less_than_ 2 weeks out from BrickFest 2001! --- wubwub wubwub@wildlink.com www.sitcatsit.com <-- a guy and his cat www.wildlink.com <-- the wildlinks BrickFest 2001! The AFOL (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce)

  Re: Trains at BrickFest

(...) ...I was talking to Rich this weekend. he's going to be bringing his giant mountain tunnel MOC. Its 8wide compatible through the strait-aways, but on the corners he says its barely 6wide compatible :-) ...In either case (not to speak for the (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Another Brickfest idea...

(...) I was planning on bringing a dock, unfortunately, it looks like I will have almost zero building time between now and Brickfest, and sadly, I'm not even 100% confident I will be able to attend. Unfortunately I have a major work deliverable (...) (23 years ago, 1-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  The GFLTC at TRU in Tampa Florida

Fair warning, long posting. Four members of the GFLTC, Robin Werner, Scott Holcomb, Scott Miller and I, participated in a "new" event for us which is to put on a display at a local Toys R' Us in South Tampa. The event was promoted for a month prior (...) (23 years ago, 1-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle.ninja, lugnet.events)

  Re: Trains at BrickFest

(...) Greg, Is the layout going to be 8wide compatible? Also, of the train people coming to brickfest, is there anyone who models 8wide trains(1)? -chris 1- not implying 6widers are not as good as 8widers by any means. (23 years ago, 30-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Historical Set Displays at BrickFest 2001

oh and i found my 7181 UCS Tie fighter and i have an 7140 x wing and a 7146 tie fighter that should be everything Stephen F Roberts <wubwub@wildlink.com> wrote in news:2l2pjtklhrp8fv3...4@4ax.com: (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Historical Set Displays at BrickFest 2001

(...) I think we need to start coordinating the Pirate Display and the game. If you would like to bring sets, please let me know what sets you would like to bring, and if they would be available for use in the game. I'd like to see all the ships and (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: LEGO Mosaic: NYC Skyline

Andy, I will be at Brickfest, yes. I will be on a panel discussing Large Sculpture and Mosaic building. Exact what scuptures/mosaics I will be able to bring is still up in the air... but we'll see. I look forward to meeting many new faces as well. (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Historical Set Displays at BrickFest 2001

(...) ...You'll need to hear from Frank on the pirates, but I suspect he wont complain if you bring them. I think, tho I am _not_ sure, that we still have the "history of the super car" display set (includes 8880 and 8448), so you may not have to (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Historical Set Displays at BrickFest 2001

(...) ...Well, keep those out :-) They all would be most appreciated on the display. And so far, my list has no overlaps, so unless you are dying to pack them up, we could use them in the display! (...) --- wubwub wubwub@wildlink.com (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: LEGO Mosaic: NYC Skyline

Eric, Beautiful job, yet again. I couldn't help but notice that you are listed as registered as going to BrickFest. I was wondering if you were planning on bringing any of your sculptures or other work? Also, are you going to be doing any sort of (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Historical Set Displays at BrickFest 2001

(...) I have a number of old sets that I would be happy to bring (both Model Team and Technic). Let me know if you still need sets and I will get with you on what I have (Partial list includes 8880, 8480, 8448, 8460, 8459, 8850, 850, 8094, 8299, (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest registration package

There seems to be some confusion about the registration package. I regret any misunderstanding. Maybe I should have called it a gift bag or goodie bag. The registration packages will be available for pick up at the registration/sign-in table at the (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Historical Set Displays at BrickFest 2001

i have yet to pack some sets: 3439 Spy Runner 6896 Celestial Forager 6897 Rebel Hunter 6879 Blizzard Baron 7315 Solar Explorer 8480 "FOS Light" Space Shuttle 8854 Power Crane 8862 Backhoe Grader 8446 Monster Crane Truck 8001 Star Wars Battle Droid (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Is anyone else bringing pieces to trade?

Hey Steve, I'm still interested. I forwarded this to lugnet.events.brickfest in case attendees aren't monitoring lugnet.events. Cary FUT lugnet.events.brickfest "Steve DeCraemer" <cowinacan@earthlink.net> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.events)

  Is anyone else bringing pieces to trade?

I was going to bring a rather large sellection of pieces that I'm looking to trade away, but if no one else is going to bring anything then I should probly leave this stuff at home. feed back would be nice. Steve DeCraemer (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: internet access?

(...) Oh goody. I'll just bring my Ethernet hub then. Work out the details onsite. Never mind wireless--Richochet over Arlington isn't, um, fully wired just yet (28.8kpbs only.) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: internet access?

"Erik Olson" <olsone@spamcop.net> wrote in message news:GFH2oF.BoD@lugnet.com... (...) was (...) I use MobileStar when I travel[1] (www.mobilestar.net) and they have a few locations in Northern Virginia ((URL) although the closest to Brickfest (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrikWars I - Junkyard Wars

(...) Yes, Technix are allowed in this scenario. The SprayFoam SprayCan accessory is an intrinsic part of the Technix type and is included with that trooper at no additional cost. The equipment restriction excludes the purchase of additional (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: internet access?

(...) Every room has at least two live jacks for Ethernet connection. One of these will be dedicated to the laptops with the web cameras. We are looking for people to loan USB and Ethernet enabled computers for the duration of the event. I have no (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrikWars I - Junkyard Wars

Are Technix allowed (ie does the equipment restriction affect their spraycans)? Also, are the ratio rules in full effect (obviously exept for Mechanix since you are not allowed to have any vehicles)? (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Historical Set Displays at BrickFest 2001

(...) ...Bring MOCs first, historical sets second. We can always look at historical sets on set-ref, but MOCs are frequently better seen and touched in person :-) ...Ill put you in the list for all the above, and hopefully some duplicates will come (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Historical Set Displays at BrickFest 2001

(...) ...Definitely bring pirate first! :-) any other historical interesting things you can pack in would be great! (...) ...Whatever sets you find out people are bringing that you want to have display cards for, just tell me the list and I'll have (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  internet access?

Is there any place with internet access near the Brickfest area? I'm bringing more computer stuff (LDRAW is taking over) than MOCs, so I was wondering. Now, anybody have experience with wireless around GMU? -Erik (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: LEGO Truck Tour 2001 in Boston

(...) Yikes, I don't know about this. . . Johnson Controls manufactures roughly half of the car interiors in the US ranging everywhere from Ford to Toyota. This might be a Frankenstein'ish result of a project that was started a little over a year (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jun-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: BrickFest train Room (was Re: MOC display space)

lets see: approx 60 x 65 feet approx 720 x 780 inches 72 x 78 base plates that's 5616 base plates if we don't mind floating around the room and i still like the idea of sending the train around the whole floor at least one track line. "Christina (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Truck Tour 2001 in Boston

(...) that big silver brick Primo scale? Just kidding, NICK (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  GFLTC Display at TRU

LUGNETers, The Greater Florida LEGO Train Club and Users Group will have a display at Toys R Us, Saturday, June 30, 2001 in Tampa, Florida. Address: Toys R Us 1702 N. Dale Mabry Hwy. Tampa, FL 33607 Display Hours: 10am - 7pm This will be a free form (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.org.us.gflug) !

  Re: LEGO Truck Tour 2001 in Boston

(...) Looks like LEGO and Johnson Controls are doing some marketing research and are Touring the Vehicle along with the LEGO Truck. At the InMotion post, you could fill a Survey that will be then mailed to some place in Michigan (Johnson Controls I (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jun-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: LEGO Truck Tour 2001 in Boston

(...) KDJ ___...___ LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada (23 years ago, 24-Jun-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Historical Set Displays at BrickFest 2001

(...) I'll bring my 7735 so you can save the space. Frank (23 years ago, 24-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Historical Set Displays at BrickFest 2001

I can bring <set:7735>, a 12v train set from the mid 80's with instructions, German train catalog and box, if you would like? I also have 7715/7722/7817/7835/7839 but I don't have allot of space, I am flying in to DC and have MOCs too. Build on... (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrikWars III - Treasure Hunt

Another scenario we plan to run at BrickFest. Share and Enjoy! Treasure Hunt Game Length: 2-4 hours Players: 3-6 Tech Level: Player¹s Choice (2-6) CP Limits: TL2-3: 180, no limit per vehicle TL4-6: 220, no more than 50 per vehicle Scenario: Players (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrikWars II - A Bridge Too Far

The second BrikWars game proposed for BrickFest 2001. As always, please add any suggestions you may have. John Kornhaus A Bridge Too Far Game Length: 2-4 hours Players: 2/4/6 (should be even number) Tech Level: Player¹s Choice (2-6) CP Limits: (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrikWars I - Junkyard Wars

Hail fellow BrikWarriors, This scenario is only the first of a series of BrikWars games we are planning to run at BrickFest 2001. More will be posted over the next few days. Hopefully we'll have enough variety that everyone will find something to (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Historical Set Displays at BrickFest 2001

(...) I have a complete 952 Farm Tractor with box and instructions, and a complete 404 Universal Building Set, also with box and instructions, if those would be of use. Adrian -- www.brickfrenzy.com (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Trains at BrickFest

(...) Of course 4.5v can run on any track... I'll be bringing some 12v and 4.5v (7735, 7720, a 7715 constructed from my parts bin, a 7719 constructed from my parts bin, and a 7740/7715/7719 styled club car). I will probably bring a small bit of blue (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Historical Set Displays at BrickFest 2001

(...) I have a 590 Engine Co. 9, complete with box, instructions, and sticker sheet with only one sticker used which I would like to bring. I also have a 588 Police Station to bring. If we want to see how many Yellow Castles we can collect in one (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Historical Set Displays at BrickFest 2001

Historical Set Displays at BrickFest 2001 ...In working up the historical set display plans, I was hoping to get an idea from people what historical sets they would be bringing. We are hoping to assemble as compleat a collection as possible and hope (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general) !

  Re: Trains at BrickFest

As Christina mentioned, Tom Cook and I will be hosting/coordinating the train room at Brickfest. Tom and I are leaning toward the idea of a layout that we can take our time constructing and enjoy the process. We're encouraging a free-form layout (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Radar Detectors in Virginia - Watch your speed too!

As a chronic leadfoot and Virginia resident, let me pitch in my advice. Most of I-64 and I-95 have 65mph speed limits and I assume the other highways are similar. Where it isn't 65 mph, the speed limit is 55 mph. In general the flow of traffic in (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Music in the Castle room during Brickfest

(...) Isn't Country Music an oxymoron? LOL (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Music in the Castle room during Brickfest

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Marc Nelson, Jr. writes: I (...) Good idea, The Entry of the God's into Valhalla is splendid - I'll bring a Ring Cycle orchestral highlights disc. (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Train discussion BrickFest

Greg Kramer and Tom Cook will be the hosts for the train/town room at BrickFest. They will be the point of contact when you arrive at BrickFest and will assist everyone bringing Trains and town MOC's with locating a space and other general (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Music in the Castle room during Brickfest

(...) Well, it does go with the Fright Knights... (...) I could bring Aida along. Frank (who got to see Aida performed in a Roman amphitheatre when he was a kid) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Music in the Castle room during Brickfest

(...) Toccata and Fugue - We must be doing a Vincent Price B-Movie castle. LOL For castle, you really need a good Verdi Opera set in 15th/16th century Italy or Spain. Il Trovatore is perfect. But somehow, I'd don't think a lot of people would like (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Music in the Castle room during Brickfest

(...) I never got around to plotting out the campground. I'd say build on whatever baseplate you care to. I'll bring a bunch to use to fill in the gaps and give something for folks who don't want to lug too much or just want to build something from (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Music in the Castle room during Brickfest

(...) I will be bringing my 3-CD system up with me (that I normally use for background music when role-playing), and would be willing to let it sit in a corner and play. Fully loaded it's got about 3.5 hours of music before repeating, so people (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest Update 6/18/01

Christina, I ordered a t-shirt when I registered and I was wondering if the design of the t-shirt had been announced... and if not, then when will that be announced? -Andy Lynch ----- Original Message ----- From: "Christina Hitchcock" (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Radar Detectors prohibited in Virginia?

(...) Beware the I95 corridor from Richmond to DC. Speed may be checked from aircraft, so you can be tagged long before you see any sign of police on the ground. jk (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Ride from NYC needed to Brickfest

Although i could just rent a car or take Amtrak, is there anyone that would be willing to give me a ride? I'd pay all expenese. (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest train Room (was Re: MOC display space)

(...) At this time, room assignments are not final. We have a general idea of what we want where, but not everyone has had the opportunity to look at the rooms. The train room is the only thing that will not be relocated. We will make the final (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mecha at Brickfest?

Don't say that because Mark could do it!!!!! He's got the skillz!!!! (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: BrickFest train Room (was Re: MOC display space)

(...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  MOC Display Cards

Christina (et al.), I put this together for you to look at, in regards to the requests for display cards for builders to put by their models during the event. Take a look, and let me know what you think about using them. A final version can be (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest train Room (was Re: MOC display space)

(...) The train room, 329, is almost square about 4000 square feet. I have added a draft map of the building to the bottom of the schedule page. (URL) Hitchcock Event Coordinator www.brickfest.com WAMALUG (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC display space

(...) ...A dream that may not take form this time around would be to have some networked PCs in most of the rooms so people can bring up their webpages and show off things that couldn't make the trip to the fest... ...The CD idea is a great one. (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: MOC display space

(...) ...No one group is going to have a claim on the tables, they are there for everyone. They are our tables (WAMALTCs), but we're bringing them for everyone. I guess the general idea would be that everyone gets one structure set up before anyone (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mecha at Brickfest?

(...) ...I don't know how many mecha builders are going to be there (tho unfortunately, some of the "big names" cant make it this year :-( But I'm sure your mecha will make a big hit (and be _way_ cool to watch in a brickwars game! :-) I cant wait (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: Music in the Castle room during Brickfest

(...) Actually, I think a variety would be wonderful. Johnny Cash anyone?<1> (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Music in the Castle room during Brickfest

(...) I think any of Rob Zombie's records lend themselves to Fright Knights, so why not? (I also think his brother's band, Powerman 5000, works really well for space) Fritz (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: MOC display space

(...) Actually, what would be REALLY cool, is for people like me who have all the inspirations and details posted on their web page, to have networked PC's nearby some of the larger collections that can point to personal web pages. (wow, what an (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: MOC display space

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Christina Hitchcock writes: <snip> (...) Bummer. Will there be an alternate location to display train/town stuff on Sunday? jt (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mecha at Brickfest?

Why not just build a giant mecha and fly yourself there? :) Adrian -- www.brickfrenzy.com (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.mecha)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact