 Events / 234
Re: LEGO Truck Tour 2001 in Boston
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Sun, 24 Jun 2001 19:54:17 GMT

In lugnet.events, Kyle D. Jackson writes:
In lugnet.announce, Jorge Fernandez writes:

Also check out the cool LEGO/Johnson Controls InMotion concept vehicle:

What's this vehicle all about?

KDJ
_______________________________________
LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Yikes, I don't know about this. . .

Johnson Controls manufactures roughly half of the car interiors in the US
ranging everywhere from Ford to Toyota.

This might be a Frankenstein'ish result of a project that was started a
little over a year ago by Johnson Controls.  At the time, I was working at a
product development consultancy called Continuum, which Johnson Controls
hired to help them research, explore, and analyize opportunities in car
interior personalization.  They were really excited to understand the many
ways in which people personalize their cars and what would appeal to them.

But I never imagined it would amount to this.

I wasn't at the company long enough to see the end of the project but i
guess this is one of the results.  Now I'm just as big a fan of Lego as
anyone but this just seems like too much.  I think it would have been much
more interesting if they explored the essence of what Lego represented
rather than such a literal interpretation.  Like a modular interior system,
kinda like seats you could build to form or something.

Oh well in any case at least they're trying.

sun