 Events / BrickFest / 300
Re: Rail Racers (was:Trains at BrickFest)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 18:03:51 GMT

Greg & Tom,

I pretty much have the Rail Racers system ready to go for the fest. I don't
if an area has been layout for the them yet. The drag strip will pretty much
take a space of about 4'x 20', so I don't know if the plan is to keep it in
the "train room" or to just run it down a hallway or something. I will be
supplying all the track and equipment needed to run the races. (include a
few trains for those who don't bring their own racers)

Let me know if there is any other information you need.

jt

-------
James J. Trobaugh
North Georgia LEGO Train Club
http://www.ngltc.org

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Greg Kramer writes:
As Christina mentioned, Tom Cook and I will be hosting/coordinating the
train room at Brickfest.

Tom and I are leaning toward the idea of a layout that we can take
our time constructing and enjoy the process.  We're encouraging
a free-form layout with structures and trains from all the
interested participants.  It will take longer to set up and most
likely require some re-dos, but the "fun" will be in the
actual set-up with all the different trainheads.  We can
make changes whenever we desire to enhance the presentation or the
operation or when visitors arrive with new MOCs. The primary
focus will be 9v, but we hope to have a some 12v and 4.5 area as well.

In addition to a complete town layout with a good complement of
trains (as noted above), I was thinking of also having
another area filled with TONS of track since we frequently
have more trains than track to run them on.  We can try to
see how many trains we can have running simultaneously!
And the train races will be phosted here, possible pulling contents, etc

So feel free to bring any MOC- buildings, structures, or rolling stock that
you like, and we'll try to incorporate it.

We probably don't need to know every little thing people are bringing.  But
if you're bringing a lot of stuff, something especially large, or simply
must have a separate display area of your own, please let me know directly at:

kramersinva@yahoo.com

Thanks, and any comments or suggestions you have for Tom and I would be
appreciated.

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Christina Hitchcock writes:
Greg Kramer and Tom Cook will be the hosts for the train/town room at
BrickFest. They will be the point of contact when you arrive at BrickFest and
will assist everyone bringing Trains and town MOC's with locating a space and
other general questions.

I will forward all of the track plans that I have received up to this time at
them.

Christina Hitchcock
Event Coordinator