 Events / BrickFest / 288
Re: Trains at BrickFest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 15:19:20 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Stephen F. Roberts writes:

Greg,
Is the layout going to be 8wide compatible?  Also, of the train people
coming to brickfest, is there anyone who models 8wide trains(1)?

...I was talking to Rich this weekend. he's going to be bringing his giant
mountain tunnel MOC. Its 8wide compatible through the strait-aways, but on the
corners he says its barely 6wide compatible :-)

...In either case (not to speak for the train guys), I suspect there will be
some 8 wide presence at the fest, so there will be at least a few runs that will
be 8-wide compatible.

I am playing with a way to mount my video camera to a car so we can film the
view from the cab, so to speak, a la rtlToronto. I *loved* what they did and
would like to see if we can re-create the effect. The problem with that is
the 15 high clearance requirements (at least, but still playing). Does
anyone have one of those tiny digital video cameras that we could use?

Jake

---
Jake McKee
AFOL