 Castle / 4400 (+100)
  Re: Did they have paint?

I'm trying to Remember my medieval Architecture class but what you said sounds right. They had paint but generally not for buildings. A stone structure was a stone structure they just made the stone structure look good (aprox 1100ad to 1300ad) (...) (24 years ago, 25-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Did they have paint?

(...) oops typo the date was suposed to be after the word cathedrals. :-) John (24 years ago, 25-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Wooden guard barracks

(...) Pick up a copy of <set:5316> from S@H. Then you'll be able to make red, green, yellow, and blue wine bottles. :) This is by far my favorite accessory pack. I get a couple every time I order from S@H. ;) (...) I did the same kind of thing in my (...) (24 years ago, 25-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Middle Ages Info

For anyone who is interested, I found this great site..... (URL) has heaps of reference on the middle ages Hope it helps Kev.... : ) (24 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  BrikWars in the Catacombs

Wanted- A handful of players to play a one turn a week, play by email (but photos provided), dungeon hack kind of game, hand wavingly based on the BrikWars* rules. If you're interested (and I'll only take the first 4 or 5 people) email me asayc**. (...) (24 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.gaming)

  No more steel in jolly old England

What's up with the Knight's Kingdom line. They have a LOT of weapons included in each set, but one thing is missing: swords! Not the big silver ones, the small grey ones. This simple weapon has been around since Castle's beginnings, but you rarely (...) (24 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: No more steel in jolly old England

(...) <snip> (...) Actually, it's my belief that the KK sets are France to the RK's England. Britain and France have always had close ties, with many British kings (for example) holding land in France. Both nations had lions as important parts of (...) (24 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: No more steel in jolly old England

(...) included (...) Actually, I think they're more of a take on British soldiers. Ever seen Braveheart? Even though it's just a movie, it depicts the English VERY closely to King Leo's Soldiers, especially the helmets and lion emblems. But that (...) (24 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: No more steel in jolly old England

(...) The British naval officers wore blue coats. The British Marines wore red. Of course, you can make 'em whatever you want - I use 'em all as British or French and British as fancy takes me. Bruce (24 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Insights from a trip to France...

Ok, I just got back from France, where (of course) I saw a few actual historic castles. I have to say I've never really seen them before, since I've only ever really been in North America, where we lack the abundance of Mideaval architecture that (...) (24 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle) !

  Re: Insights from a trip to France...

(...) OMG! How come I never thought about that... I was in France twice, and in Germany quite a few times, but even though I've visited some castles it was (sadly) before my castle renaissance so I didn't think of those things... Well your post sure (...) (24 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: No more steel in jolly old England

Jeff, mon ami, If Knights' Kingdom represents France, why oh why, are they waving flags similar to the Scottish bars (although the X is gold instead of white)? Eventually, they'll represent my kinfolk, the Irish. Oh, I could see it now, a little (...) (24 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Insights from a trip to France...

David, it's great when you can see them first hand, I live in Australia....we have about oh 200 yrs of European history, so you can imagine what it's like for me....But with the internet and books, one can learn alot....plus it helps that I've (...) (24 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Insights from a trip to France...

(...) always (...) Well, (...) *Some* Americans. It depends on the building practice of the region - red "spanish tile" is all over southern California (much of it actually concrete these days). Castle roofing could also be slate or lead, but one (...) (24 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Insights from a trip to France...

(...) grey. (...) the (...) Being from Australia, when I visited Canada 4 yrs ago, I was surprised to see shingles and black roofs.....that's wierd to me, as nearlly ALL our roofs are red tiles...... we have ALOT of clay here....and no snow....every (...) (24 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Insights from a trip to France...

(...) I'm no historian or anything, but I'd guess that the reason a lot of drawbridges are built with overhead lifting beams is for ease of counterbalancing. You hang a big heavy weight on the ends of the overhead beams, across the fulcrum from the (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Crossbow with Quiver?

Hi, Would it make sense if a minifig had a quiver but carried a crossbow? I'm sure that's where he'd put his bolts, but the grey crossbow + brown quiver looks awfully strange... Good thing there are brown crossbows available in the new Castle sets (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Crossbow with Quiver?

(...) Hmm... maybe a black quiver (indians sets) with a grey crossbow wouldn't look too bad... -Shiri (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Crossbow with Quiver?

(...) I think it looks OK... In fact, #4811 (Defense Archer) includes a brown quiver with the soldier. Of course, the crossbows are mounted on a special stand instead of being held... Chris (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Ninja-Themed, Dual-Tower Sky-Scraper

Hi, I just finished off my first Ninja-themed building. It actually ended up being the largest building in my city (at 13 stories). Here is a picture: (URL) is a link to my main web page: (URL) me know what you think! Brad (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.town)

  Re: Ninja-Themed, Dual-Tower Sky-Scraper

(...) I love the way you manage to combine themes in such a flowing way, it doesn't seem at all out-of-place when you do it... (unlike some red forces attacking a penguin that come to mind <grin, duck and run>) Just a tiny nitpick... you have a typo (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.town)

  Re: Ninja-Themed, Dual-Tower Sky-Scraper

(...) Another superb addition to Lego City 2. I particularly like the dragon's forge, very malevolent and sinister, just lucky the dragons are computerised and not real, for those workers enjoying the lunchtime sun. Nice use of the black columns, I (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.town)

  Re: Ninja-Themed, Dual-Tower Sky-Scraper

Your city 2 is great (and growing fast). I had a good laugh reading the story of the Bu-ra-do complex (giant hands) and the motorcycle factory. Your description are as entertaining as your construction. Bravo! Eric. (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.town)

  Re: Ninja-Themed, Dual-Tower Sky-Scraper

(...) doesn't (...) attacking a (...) Thanks - Where is that "penguin" site. I want to see it! (...) I fixed it and reposted the page. Please refresh on it and see if it looks right now. Sorry about that! (...) viewable, (...) I'm kind of a slacker (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.town)

  Re: Ninja-Themed, Dual-Tower Sky-Scraper

(...) Thanks! (...) I LOVE those black column parts. I was originally going to have a mirror of the white tower on the east side. In fact, I had a 6 story tower prefabricated and ready for installation, but then I received Shiri's package including (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.town)

  Re: Ninja-Themed, Dual-Tower Sky-Scraper

(...) Well- it was just some footage from a DixieLUG meeting that never got made into a site, AFAIK. But you can see the pics here (must copy&paste link): (URL) the number to 2-8 and you'll see a few "suspects" there... These are creations by Eric (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.town)

  Re: Ninja-Themed, Dual-Tower Sky-Scraper

(...) here ya go: (URL) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.town)

Wow! That is a really great web site. I like your castle Peter. I can't wait to see it done! Brad Shiri Dori <shirid@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:FtnLwp.9yu@lugnet.com... (...) link? (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.town)

  Re: Ninja-Themed, Dual-Tower Sky-Scraper

(...) at your ninja-themed building I took another peek at Lego City 2. You have done a fantastic job of putting the pieces together. It all seems to fit so well together with all the color and "bustle" of a large city. Bu-Ra-Do is a great addition (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.town)

  Re: Ninja-Themed, Dual-Tower Sky-Scraper

(...) Some hate those columns,but I reckon they're great. In Belville they come in cream, white, pink, brown (at least). Maybe think about a bigger castle-like structure in a similar style, using black as a very skeletal structure...(mmm,perhaps (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.town)

  Re: Ninja-Themed, Dual-Tower Sky-Scraper

(...) this is the first draft, I want more features, the walls are a bit plain, but at least the tower works, you need a lot of Belville sets to get the appropriate cream elements. The girls at McDonalds gave me a strange look as I was going thru (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.town)

  Re: Ninja-Themed, Dual-Tower Sky-Scraper

(...) in (...) Yep - I've been trying to aquire more columns in odd colors. I used 2 pink ones on the cutie store ( (URL) ). I don't have any others! (...) That sounds like a great idea! I was originally going to use Shiri's columns in my main (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.town)

Eric Lanteigne <elanteigne@home.com> wrote in message news:FtnKuB.62L@lugnet.com... (...) story (...) Thanks There's more on the way. The main castle (on the west edge of town) is in the process of heavy upgrades. Also, you might have noticed the (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.town)

  Re: Ninja-Themed, Dual-Tower Sky-Scraper

(...) Thanks for the compliments. I'll try to post more detailed shots when I do another "official" photo shoot of the city. In the mean time, my fiancee is only letting me take a couple of shots for free on each of her "snapshot" rolls. Brad (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.town)

  Re: Crossbow with Quiver?

(...) I always thought that crossbowmen put their bolts in a hip quiver, not on their back? Dan (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Crossbow with Quiver?

Bryan Wong wrote in message ... (...) Actually, I really like how the (grey) crossbow looks with a (brown) quiver... it has a certain realistic-look to it, methinks. Opinionatedly, DBR (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Insights from a trip to France...

"David Eaton" wrote... (...) symetry (...) right (...) There is a reason for the 'randomness' and asymmetry of the castles and fortresses in places where they've been build for war. I made a quick page to illustrate the thing since I'm not familiar (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: No more steel in jolly old England

(...) The X symbol is venerable and could appear any number of places. I'm in agreement that Knight's Kingdom most closely represents France ("The whole known world" pretty much describes the mediaeval Frankish/French view, IMHO); just as Dark (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Insights from a trip to France...

(...) Another reason: lack of timber. Much of the timber was cut down in Europe by medieval times. (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Crossbow with Quiver?

(...) Personal choice. AFAIK, there's no particular historical precident. In fact, most of the archers I know use a hip quiver. I *think* it's a convenience/mobility choice - at the hip is more convenient, but gets in the way. James (URL) getting (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: No more steel in jolly old England

(...) it (...) Well James, I am not sure if TLG was trying to represent a specific American Indian tribe (I doubt it), but these minifigs don't look like they are wearing traditional Cherokee styles of clothing. For one thing, Cherokee men would (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Lego Reality was Re: Crossbow with Quiver?

(...) I believe that many English longbowmen also used quivers that strapped to their lower leg. This would be fine if the archer was standing still, but obviously he couldn't walk around with it. As far as Lego crossbows and quivers go, I always (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: No more steel in jolly old England

(...) Actually, the katanas are teal. :) "Frost" comes with trans-light blue spears, though. :) Jeff (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: No more steel in jolly old England

(...) Ninja (...) Oh! Thanks, and nuts (sorta)--I was hoping for trans. But teal is good! I can use teal. The trans-spears will be very interesting, however--I can alraedy think of many .castle uses (and .adventurers ones!) for those little fellers. (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: No more steel in jolly old England

(...) Yeah, I know. Trans-green would make a decent Lightning Blade... (...) Yup, they're gonna be cool. Arctic Knights, neat spell effects, building decorations... So many possibilities! :) Jeff (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: No more steel in jolly old England

(...) I forgot to mention how neat they'd look coupled with a Red Ninja! :) Jeff (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: No more steel in jolly old England

(...) Yep! There were numerous threads about this when the first 2000 catalog pics came out... I can't wait till the "frost" set is released! -Shiri (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: No more steel in jolly old England

(...) Aye, the only reason I'll shell out the 6 bucks is the spears. Prolly buy two or three of them, and trade the rest of the stuff away. -Chris (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Heraldry for future sets:

I am merely the conduit through which these puns pass. They belong to Humanity, who refused delivery. -Cheese (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja-Themed, Dual-Tower Sky-Scraper

(...) Hmm. Hey Brad, have you been to West Edmonton Mall (world's largest) up here in Edmonton? I ask, since they recently (a year or so) added a fairly large mechanical dragon in the "Silver Cities" theatre complex. It puts on an interesting show (...) (24 years ago, 28-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.town)

  Re: Ninja-Themed, Dual-Tower Sky-Scraper

Nope - Never been there. Sounds cool though! I got the idea for the periodic show from hotels in Las Vegas like the Mirage, the Belagio, and Treasure Island. These hotels put on lavish (and undoubtedly expensive) shows every hour (or even more (...) (24 years ago, 28-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.town)

  Divers set 6560 is great for castle parts!

I just recieved 2 6560's from KBKids.com for about $35 each (origonally, they were $70). The piece collection in this set is hard to see since Lugnet doesn't have instructions posted. However, I decided to take a chance, and I'm glad I did? Each set (...) (24 years ago, 28-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Insights from a trip to France...

David Eaton <deaton@intdata.com> schreef in berichtnieuws Ftn4z9.3x1@lugnet.com... (snip) (...) My recent castle, Estuary Stronghold, coincidentally does have a drawbridge of this design. In fact it has a beam&chain on only one side of the bridge. (...) (24 years ago, 28-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Insights from a trip to France...

(...) Great explanation. But to the others: keep in mind that the construction principle shown was post-medieval. Eric (24 years ago, 28-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Divers set 6560 is great for castle parts!

(...) You've just hit upon one of the major reasons I own eight of them. :) The Boat bow bricks are cool, too. ;) Jeff (24 years ago, 28-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Nethozhen's Ninja-Demons

I've just posted an image of (*mock-ups* for) Nethozhen's ninja-demons into the Gallery at Brickshelf. The image of the ninja-demons (mock-up) is at "(URL) URL for Nethozhen is "(URL) created the image using MLCAD and the DAT file library. Since the (...) (24 years ago, 28-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja-Themed, Dual-Tower Sky-Scraper

(...) Up near the top of the stairs, right? ;-). I remember at one point being able to stand right on the stairs, but I guess after a few too many singed (sp?) eyebrows, they close it now for each show. Still very cool ... or should I say toasty (...) (24 years ago, 28-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.town)

  Re: Divers set 6560 is great for castle parts!

(...) Don't forget the trans. green seaweed pieces that can be used as magical flame for spell effects and such in a fantasy creation. Tony (24 years ago, 28-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Heraldry for future sets:

(...) and (...) -How about the Thundering Herd, or just the Herd? I have modified mine to be more like Mongols, so I'm calling mine the Horde. -Marc (24 years ago, 28-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Evil King Ragnoth has risen to power... My web page

After a few days of work, I finally got the beginnings of a webpage up. This is my second one; the first dealing with lego. To view my page, go to www.geocities.com/xcalabur18 Inside you will find some of the major players in my castle world, my BST (...) (24 years ago, 28-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Divers set 6560 is great for castle parts!

(...) *smack forehead* How could I forget those!? Those are so cool! :) They look good with a Green Dragon, too! Now, if only we had green or Trans-Green wings... :) Jeff (24 years ago, 28-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Evil King Ragnoth has risen to power... My web page

(...) Yahoo! I've been expecting to see your stuff for a while... sounds great! Can't wait for some pics! And, FTR, it's not too hard to "put up with you" ;-) -Shiri (24 years ago, 29-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Evil King Ragnoth has risen to power... My web page

(...) Yeah, I'll hurry as fast as I can with the pics, and, FTR, I've been told otherwise (you should hear my relatives...sheesh...) ;) -Chris (24 years ago, 29-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Evil King Ragnoth has risen to power... My web page

(...) Cool site!! Even though there were no pics, i could easily visualize all the characters. I like the whole layout of the page and it should be really cool with pictures to accompany the writing!! Wilson (24 years ago, 29-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Evil King Ragnoth has risen to power... My web page

(...) Thanks much! Hopefully I can get some pics up soon. Just be patient... -Chris (24 years ago, 29-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  The Eastern Invasion (III) ends ...

Here's the last installment of the Eastern Invasion which is the webpage I created dedicated to Lego Japanese Castles. (URL) it you will find some history, some culture, some Lego set inventories, some web links to Japanese castle sites and of (...) (24 years ago, 29-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build) !

  Re: The Eastern Invasion (III) ends ...

Hi KK! Great website, I like it a lot! (...) Well, I for one would love to see the pics (that currently appear on brickshelf) on your site, and with captions describing each one... it helps appreciate and understand what stands behind the structure. (...) (24 years ago, 29-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: The Eastern Invasion (III) ends ...

(...) <STANDING OVATION> WOW! not only an impressive castle, but a Nina Castle to boot...lol Your website and your MOC are an excellent example of creativity and engineering. Amazing work in such a short period of time = ) I have been priveledged to (...) (24 years ago, 29-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: The Eastern Invasion (III) ends ...

(...) John, Thanks for all your comments and support. One of the best things about lugnet is the fact that it brings a community of people together that likes the same things - ninja themes and Lego. I am sure it is true for me and others that this (...) (24 years ago, 29-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  GLADIATOR

I'm watching HBO's First Look of Gladiator starring Russel Crowe, and got to thinking. This movie is gonna provide so much inspiration for all us .castle dwellers. I'm seeing things all over that make me think "that would be cool" or "I know what (...) (24 years ago, 29-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general) !

  Re: Divers set 6560 is great for castle parts!

(...) I also took a chance when I noticed 'em cheap at KBKids.com. I got one of those, a Bat Lord's Castle, and a couple other random sets on the cheap. 6560 is a better castle part collection than the Bat Lord's Castle was-- particularly since the (...) (24 years ago, 29-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Divers set 6560 is great for castle parts!

(...) I picked up a Bat lord's Castle (isn't it "Knight" lord's castle?) as well. Actually, I really like the columns and arches in this set, so I was quite happy with it - especially since I got it on that day when it was only $25! I can't wait to (...) (24 years ago, 29-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: How to make shackles

(...) Well... I finally got around making one of these... they look great! (URL) for the great idea, Dave! -Shiri (24 years ago, 30-Apr-00, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Re: How to make shackles

(...) Cool Shiri! Another somethin' to put in Ragnoth's dungeon...Mwahahaha... -Chris (24 years ago, 30-Apr-00, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Re: How to make shackles

(...) "On second thought, let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place." Megaphone, Aaron (24 years ago, 30-Apr-00, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  The last time I'll bother you...

This is the LAST time, I promise!!! These are the final pics of the inn... (URL) more updates, I swear! It's all over! (The idea for the ionic columns was shamelessly stolen from Suz :-) -Shiri (24 years ago, 30-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: No more steel in jolly old England

(...) I didn't mean that TLG's "Indians" were specifically Cherokee, I meant that I am specifically a Cherokee descendant. As far as I know, they were going for a basic Southwestern "Indian" design. -- James J. (24 years ago, 30-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Western European Kingdom? (was Re: No more steel in jolly old England)

(...) it (...) agreement (...) Riders"--one (...) katanas. (...) Mademoiselle Braun, I'll keep that in mind, but keep in mind that the acutal Knights/Guards of the kingdom wear Spanish hat-shaped helmets and possibly armor too. The Bulls do have a (...) (24 years ago, 30-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Western European Kingdom? (was Re: No more steel in jolly old England)

(...) Just FTR: Lindsay is a monsieur, not a mademoiselle... (...) Arr, arr, arroo! Or maybe arr, arr, archaic?! I have no idea ;-) -Shiri (24 years ago, 30-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Western European Kingdom? (was Re: No more steel in jolly old England)

(...) Oh. My mistake then. (...) "owoooo!"? (...) (24 years ago, 30-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Law of Falling Lego

(...) I must add yet another corrolary that I discovered... I felt it appropriate enough to hunt this thread up for it... :-) Any piece that is completly unwanted will appear in the largest quantities possible, in a very ubiquitous manner. Once you (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: The last time I'll bother you...

(...) Your inn looks great! Thanks for showing the final product. (...) Looks like a great idea to steal! The tops (I think they're called capitals - maybe with an "o" instead of the second "a") I've seen at LEGOLAND use a different technique. They (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Law of Falling Lego

One more collary to add to this thread: If a piece of Lego has a sharp point on it and falls to the ground, the point will always be facing up. This piece can only be located by stepping on it with bare feet. :-) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Divers set 6560 is great for castle parts!

(...) I've never been big on arches, but we'll see. Seems they're all over the place these days, may as well figure out some way to use 'em. Last time I tried, I wound up with something that looked like a spanish mission in grey. Shoulda taken some (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Roborider's 'berd (was:This little dwarf went to the market)

(...) Having just seen a lava roborider in the um,. ABS I can report the halberds are indeed black. The Roboriders were in a roadshow display at the local shopping centre, dispite the fact that they're not due in stores for another two months. (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Law of Falling Lego

(...) with (...) And after the initial shock of the impaled foot is felt, you are unconciously driven to lift your foot off the ground very abruptly, placing yourself in the least stable standing position possible. Then after trying in vain to grab (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  RE: The Law of Falling Lego

And not always the piece with the sharpest point...Some of the shields/roadsigns/other fragile pieces also fall into the step-on and fall-on categories. :( Benjamin Whytcross BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au Ph: (03) 9856 5282 Directory Technology Pty (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: The Law of Falling Lego

(...) Or, if you're *really* lucky, you don't fall, but manage to jump to a different location - which of course also has a few sharp pieces... Having wall-to-wall carpeting never helps, somehow... -Shiri (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  So what's a Wizard keep in his living room?

And so I'm building this castle (c.f. some other thread here). And I have some neat ideas come to me, and it pretty much gets determined that the castle isn't owned by some lord or duke or knight-commander or whatnot, but instead by a wizard. No (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Roborider's 'berd (was:This little dwarf went to the market)

(...) Cool! Black halberds... ah, the places this could go... Joining the ranks of black spears and bows... now, if only we could get some cheap sets w/black swords ;-) -Shiri (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: So what's a Wizard keep in his living room?

(...) Hmm... I would suspect a wizard would have some nice, comfy chairs and nothing on the walls. After all, you don't want anyone poking thru his stuff... Maybe there's a humble kitchen next door, so he can give his guests some nice newt soup... (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The last time I'll bother you...

(...) No, thank *you* and everybody else for the awesome feedback. I couldn't have done it without you all! The suggestions and ideas that were given to me early on inspired me so much, you have no idea! -Shiri (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.castle)

Perhaps a wall of ancient dusty tomes inscribed with strange runes. Or perhaps a statue of a bizarre creature. Or maybe a big fish tank! Dave J.D. Forinash <foxtrot@cc.gatech.edu> wrote in message news:8eimsj$rnn$1@cc...ome.com... (...) dangerous (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: So what's a Wizard keep in his living room?

(...) J.D., I've done some extensive research on just that question[1], so I thought I'd share the results here in this august forum. The Red Fox: "A pair of comfortable chairs and a matching table, made by that charming fellow who used to live down (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: So what's a Wizard keep in his living room?

BOOKS!!!!!!! (screams the man who has an estimated 3,000 pounds [1.5 tons] of books in a storage shed...) Lots and lots of books! And scrolls! And maps! (Books are avaiable, IIRC, from the Fairy/Castle Belville sets, and of course map tiles are (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Law of Falling Lego

(...) ...Or alternately: "A 1x1 trans-* piece that falls on the floor can only be found by the vacuum cleaner"... this after my daughter tipped over my 1x1 trans dot box :-/ ...you can go back to ignoring me now... wubwub stephen f roberts wamalug (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Guarded Inn ?

Is this the set with the red walls ? I have the plans and some but not all the parts I do have the tavern sign though. What are my chances of getting two red walls with black timbers to complete the set ? I could swap for white walls with bricks (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Guarded Inn ?

(...) Yes. (...) I would say very slim. This is the only set to have the red walls, and is one of the more valued sets out there, rarely going for less than $100, regardless of condition, and a sealed one would (at a guess) easily go for several (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.appraisal)

  Re: Guarded Inn ?

(...) Yep. The only one :( (...) :( (...) :) (very cool part) (...) Not good. Unless you want to shell out for the entire set itself... those come and go every once in a while on ebay, etc... (...) I wonder how that'd look-- it might look kinda (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Guarded Inn ?

(...) Actually, better than you might think... I recently won a lot with at least 3 pairs of these off eBay for a quite reasonable price (and no, they aren't for sale - perhaps for trade for the right thing). (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact