 Castle / 4467
Re: The Eastern Invasion (III) ends ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.build
Date:
Sat, 29 Apr 2000 11:10:11 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Kung-Khoon Quah writes:
Here's the last installment of the Eastern Invasion which is the webpage I
created dedicated to Lego Japanese Castles.

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/kkqwebpage/

In it you will find some history, some culture, some Lego set inventories, some
web links to Japanese castle sites and of course Japanese Castle MOCs which I
have posted the last 2 weekends.

<STANDING OVATION>

WOW! not only an impressive castle, but a Nina Castle to boot...lol

Your website and your MOC are an excellent example of creativity and
engineering.  Amazing work in such a short period of time = )

I have been priveledged to see this masterpiece in progress over the past 3
months or so... It was a true pleasure viewing your building process...when
I have hit "builder's block" in my own project, I consulted many of the same
links you mentioned, but more often, the pictures of your "fortress in the
making".

I think you have thoroughly demonstrated the pssibilities and "viability" of
the Ninja theme in Castle creations...

The links to real-world subject matter are an asset, adding context and
perspective to your building project.
I think your photography is excellent, documenting your progress and
building secrets.  Your thoughtful engineering of a modular design lends to
the overall presentation.

I love the side-by-side presentation of your picture in Brickshelf next to
the pictures of the real Kumamoto castle.  I have always shied away from
tryig to reproduce actual structures in Lego due to issues of scale and a
thousand other excuses... I truly respect what you have created.  Who knows,
you could become the Dr. Carney of Japanese Castles...lol

Most importantly you will find Japanese Castle design details and discussions
not instructions but I hope this will help the AFOL who would like to start
building Japanese Castles.

The fact that your descriptions are not instructions is truly a positive
aspect.  You have shown how simple elements can be combined in creative ways
to accomplish your goal.  You have shown just enough to spur the creative
process w/ out being restictive, in the sense "that this is the best/only
way to do it"

As an emerging AFOL, I must say I have never had so
much fun as I had the last couple of months doing this and sharing it on
lugnet.

I think it is safe to say you are no longer an "emrging AFOL"...whether you
know it or not, I think you are hooked...lol

LMKWYT ?  Any more details you would like to see ...

EXCELLENT WORK!

Your teaser pics always made me want to see more...what the inside looks
like and how you accomplished a great system of modularity w/ lots of
playability....those questions have been answered for me.

So what's next on the Lego drawing board ?
Maybe a small outwork fortification for Kumamoto MOC, a masugata (double gate
set at right angles) and some walled enclosures with watchtowers ...

I am anxious to see any new additions...

OR maybe an Euro style castle then I can have a East v West storyline ...

I would love to see your interpretation of the "traditional" style castles
after seeing your current masterpiece.

Who knows ...

Only time will tell?