 Castle / 18920
Re: CASTLE ALIVE (Re: banner year for castle)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 20 Dec 2003 19:28:33 GMT

   the piece count:

Where did that information come from? Does anybody know the prices?

Using the average 10 cents per part, I suppose I could make some guesses about the prices:

   8777 meeting with vladek - 40

$4 maybe? It is comparable in size to 7409 from Orient Expedition. That seems a bit optimistic, but if you figure that each minifig is $1 and the horse is another $1, that leaves $1 for the dinky catapult.

If this is $4, I think many people will buy them in multiples. However, I suppose $4 is too good to be true and this will end up in the $5-$7 range. If so, I think people will wait until it is on sale for $4 before they buy it. ;)

   8778 ambush in the border - 175

This piece count seems high. It appeared to be similar in size to 7411, 7412, and 7413 from Orient Expedition so I thought it would be a $10 set. With the piece count it now appears if it will be closer to $20 - maybe $13 if we are lucky. That is a shame, because it is the cheapest set with the new soldier minifig, but too expensive for army-building. If it was $10, it could probably be purchased for $8 when ShopKo is having a good LEGO sale.

Anyway, I like the rope bridge, so I will buy at least one. However, I think it would have been better with only 173 pieces. They could have left out the trans orange flames.

   8779 the great match - 308

I wouldn’t even pay $20 for this thing, so why does this look like it might cost as much as $30? Man... I really regret not buying 6060 when I had the chance.

   8780 orlan’s fortress - 428

Looks like it will be $40 - $50. Well... It has some interesting parts and minifigs. (no, not the colored knights, the other ones!) I’ll buy at least one, but I’m afraid I might not like the price.

   8781 morcia castle - 508

The piece count suggests it might be $50, but the 10 cents average doesn’t seem to work on larger sets nowdays because they use lots of large parts. So, I’m thinking this might be $60 or $70. Ick. I don’t think I could make myself buy this one.

Anyway, where are the peasants and merchants? Why aren’t there any females? Is this a kingdom of self-reproducing homosexuals? That might explain the armor...