 Castle / 18842
RE: banner year for castle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 15:12:36 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com]On Behalf
Of Pawel Nazarewicz
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 8:34 AM
To: lugnet.castle@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: banner year for castle

In lugnet.castle, James Stacey wrote:
just checked and this picture came out of an official set on sale so I • guess
its public now

http://www.minifig.co.uk/temp/legoKnights2004.jpg

Thank you for posting these.  I'm glad we have some new castle sets and new
parts, but what could have been their motivation for designing these sets?
They're ugly and probably the most unrealistic castle sets ever.  I say this
because if someone is looking to get into castle, I doubt these sets will
attract them to the theme.  Blue and green visors?  I don't know ...

8777 - Nice small set to stock up on horse covers.  I'll buy a few.
8778 - Are those spikes underneath the bridge?  How violent.
8779 - Vroom, vroom?  I do like the giant coats of arms.  More of that would
be
nice.
8780 - Curved windows - good.  Are those 2x2x3 bricks though?
8781 - How much are they paying people to design this?  That's something
that
comes out of a speed building contest - not the end result of professional
designers with unlimited supply of bricks.

Something is better than nothing though:)  I can't wait to get a closer look
at
them.

     -- Pawel

I totally agree with your last point about 8781, Pawel.  First thing I saw
after all the neat accessories was they are built with POOPS...  I
personally hate all those 5 tall bricks... give me individual bricks Lego...
8779.. those stupid slope 5'ers....  Yeah... great accessories... Juniorized
everything else :(

One more thought on all those Poops and the new grey colors, those large
pieces aren't going to mix with my BRICKS (remember those Lego... small 1
high things..) very well... which basically renders 90% of the parts from
these sets useless for assimilation into my collection.

The set designs SUCK, Lego....

Someone please, build me a working Time Machine so I can put myself out of
my misery and travel back to the golden ages of Lego.... (1984,85ish)

Tamy