 Castle / 18851
Re: banner year for castle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 18:20:33 GMT

pity the set designs follow in the knights kingdom tradition of being a bit
weak
banner year for parts maybe, not for good set desgin

Say what you want.  If I was ten, I would be drooling over those sets.  I almost
drooling now.  Yes, few bricks . . . and less than the MOC standards many people
hold themselves to but I can picture many a child have more fun than most AFOLs
with these sets.

LEGO is about having fun and using your imagination while building, for the most
part, unrealistic buildings and contraptions.  Most classic castles had no
ropes, ladders or stairs for a fig to get to the top floors.  I still (and would
think many others) had hours of fun not having to explain how the archers got to
the top or how a swordsman could jump down from three stories up, save the day,
and still be able to walk.  These are toys.

This is going to be a banner year.  New pieces.  New colors. New weapons.  New
sets.  New ideas.  It's a whole new castle world.  Thank you to whomever helped
design and create these for the enjoyment of people of all ages.  Castle lives
and in colors I used to only dream about having.

-Dan

If you castles like they used to be, play with what you've got.  If you want
something you could only dream of when you were ten start filling you piggy
bank.  "Summer approcheth quickly," quoth the green knight.