 Castle / 18880
Re: banner year for castle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:13:12 GMT

In lugnet.castle, James Stacey wrote:

just checked and this picture came out of an official set on sale so I guess
its public now

http://www.minifig.co.uk/temp/legoKnights2004.jpg

thanks to Phil Traviss for finding this and scanning it

Wow...this is quite pitiful...even compared to my (rather)
moderate expectations for the year. Aside from alternate
building (which seems difficult given the ratio of large
components to small) and the available parts, these models
just seem to severely lack in creative aesthetics [1] ,
intelligent design [2] and overall appeal.

[1] Overall 'bare' or 'exaggerated' appearance to some
of the models. Lack of innovation on previous designs,
basides the degraded catapult design each year.

[2] A trap' consisting of a wheel with four axes attached
to it, horses on tires and a drawbridge raised by rocks, not
to mention extremelly bare castles which in reality probably
couldn't withstand being hit by a high velocity bale of hay
dipped in caked mud :)

How I long for a ressurection of new, an old school inspired
theme with realistic elements.

Yes, this raises sorrow in me. 'Banner year' my arse!

Osprey,

who goes back to his drawing project and hopes consumers
revolt against this vile travesty they so foist as 'castle'.

M. Aaron Hein