 Castle / 18503
  Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

Hi All, Not sure how many are left since Classic-Castle, but I must draw your attention to a crisis in Castle. It appears TLC has decided to bring back the Castle line in a Bionicle-like theme. The world is over and if this rumors proves true, I (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) Backatcha! (...) Okay, i think i have to announce this. Im a bionicle nut. Bionicle is absolute junk now after they went and ripped the plot to shreds, but i still collect old bionicle and i still flame the new junk their making. So i just (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) William, I think that all of this worrying is not good. I highly doubt that LEGO would replace one of its great themes with Bionicle. It is probably just a new type of Bionicle set. Bionicle will not replace Castle, Town, etc. I think it is a (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) If Bionicle is TLC's #1 selling theme, and it is, wouldn't it make sense to replicate it somehwere else in an attempt to mirror that success? (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) I just went to the Bionicle Forum (inside the Technic Forum) and saw that the last four posts are 1 and 2 months old! It seems like the Castle community is much more active and it would be a shame if The LEGO Company just decided to dump us in (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Spare parts - or - Harry Parter part duex (was: Castle Nightmare)

(...) But that's the real kicker of it all, isn't it?. LEGO Castle is what it is because we make it what it is. LEGO Castle is the fan's theme. LEGO only supplies the bricks. It's the same with space, with town, with trains, with all the known (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) At least they didn't make Sir Jack of Stone. Bionicle is infinitely cooler than Jack of All Trades (no doubt swordfighting and princess stealing would come naturally to him too, except his hair is styled wrong for it.) Ever since they gave (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

If they make medieval Bionicle sets in ADDITION to normal castle sets, then that's OK. However, if medieval Bionicle is all that they're going to give us, then I also am very disappointed. (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) LOL - Thats actually funny. The reason that part of Lugnet is dead is because the Bionicle fans were basically bashed and bashed and bashed by the folks here on Lugnet until they went to another site to play. Go visit the true home for (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) I see little difference there...a toy I don't want to buy is still a toy I don't want to buy. That line of product places Lego in the same category as hundreds of other manufacturers, at least for me. The problem with Bioknuckles is the break (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) I withdraw my comment. You are correct, Mark, that Bionicle is a big money maker for the LEGO Company. I should have done more research before I implied that it isn't. However, no one is "blamimg" Bionicle fans for anything. It's just that we (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

Mark, While I am not a fan of Bionicle and haven't bought anything to do with it, you have stated your case clearly and succinctly. Well done. Alan (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Spare parts - or - Harry Parter part duex (was: Castle Nightmare)

Well said, Anthony. I wish I'd said it. Alan (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) But who are you going to blame? The toy or the peole making the toy? People who blame it on Bionicle are placing the blame on a item of plastic. How is plastic the same as a person? If you do not want to buy it then thats fine, nobody is (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) That's about the stupidest thing I have ever read... -- Hop-Frog (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) Why? If you put any thought into it you would see that it is a very valid and true point. Note I did not say *is* I said *basically*. Lets look at this. (And keep in mind all of this is general talk) What are Bionicle supposed to be? What do (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Spare parts - or - Harry Parter part duex (was: Castle Nightmare)

(...) Hi Anthony, You have made some good points there. Well thought out. I must say I may have been a little overemotional when I wrote that post. Lego needs to be the one supplying the bricks, with juniorization and pillar-brick construction, they (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) (URL) the Bionicle fans are there. The online Bionicle community is huge, and I think LEGO would be wise to try out something new that would be Bionicle-related. Perhaps not relpace Castle, but a suppliment to it with a Bionicle-like storyline (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) And that is perhaps one of the most ignorant responses to a good point I have ever read. Why? Because that reply indicates that you don't know enough about Bionicle to comment on it, let alone bash it. Ask a few Mecha builders how much they (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) Yeah, funny thing that -- give people a limited supply of good technic and a whole bunch of other crap and they will learn to make do with what is available. That doesn't mean it's the stuff of choice though does it? It's just what is (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) I find it funny that Castle fans are the most vocal about being 'left behind' by LEGO, while Castle received two Legends and a MOC set which are absolutely fantasic. Plus, many Castle parts exist on the market today (albeit in Harry Potter (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) When you deviate from traditional building standards (hmm, SNOT?), it enables for many more possibilities. For an example of Bionicle models, look no further than Bryce McGlone's mechs: (URL) are many others, his models just stick out in my (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) crowd pretty succinctly here. I watched the anti- Bionicle harangue with some alarm from my various perches, but I hadn't realized they really did pack it in and head over to bzpower as a whole. That makes me rather sad, because honestly I (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) You seriously don't know much about mecha builders. They go after any parts that they needs for their mechs. I had several mecha builders seek me out looking for Bionicle masks for their creations. That's right, they are actually LOOKING for (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) Hi Tim, I think castle fans have some room to complain. However, you do make a good point that Lego Direct has been great about releasing several very nice legends and one moc set. Out of the big three old themes(Town, Castle, and Space), (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

Even if mecha use bioncle, that still leaves nearly everyother theme. I have seen parts used in space as well but as far as town, pirate, trains, boats, and especially castle, adn whatever else, they are completely useless. What we need here is not (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

Wait, I have a few Bionicles in possession, back when they didn't annoy me in BrickShelf but I still keep them in their can like containers. Anyhow I just measured the tallest one (red) and its way below being 20 cm tall. Are these something related (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) Nick, I disagree. Bionicle parts would make fantastic castle and ship decorations (a la Dragonlance and other fantasy settings), wonderful futuristic trains, excellent machinery parts in town heavy equipment. And they seem perfect for mecha. (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) So VERY true. This is Lego... is it not? Mark P (URL) (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) That is only because you want them to be 'completely useless'. There is no such thing as a 'completely useless' part if you use your brain and imagination. Look at all the MOCs made with "bad parts" they turn out to be VERY useful... all it (...) (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) --SNIP-- Hmph... I feel hurt. (4 URLs) --Anthony (URL) The Kingdom of Ikros> (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) This missesthe point. I am a castle builder. I dont need bionicle pieces when making a castle. Just because the pieces exist, i should not have to use them. Why make something from bad pieces when pieces suitted to my theme are available. (...) (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) heh, my bad, but you must admit while awesome, they are slightly bioncley in the sense of not buildings or the like... (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

Hello! (...) You are right, those sets are great. However, it leads me to another thought: LEGO doesn't care about us castle-heads. What, they release such great sets and I say they don't care? Now, they don't do much to keep us quiet. We complain (...) (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) Not to go off on a tangent, but I would say that that is a large part of many people's complaints about Bionicle. Most (all?) Bionicle pieces do not directly connect to traditional bricks and plates. This makes them generally useless to most (...) (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) I just have to note this statement ... the new sets coming out *are* castle-themed, they're just not *minifig scale.* Nor are they "Bionicle," as Bionicle has its own theme. I think that's what you're really getting at. Its just perhaps some (...) (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Spare parts - or - Harry Parter part duex (was: Castle Nightmare)

(...) sniiiip. (...) Just wanted to say this whole post was very well done, Anthony! I couldn't have said it better. -Tim (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) If it's not minifig scale, I don't know what to call it. It might be a new medieval theme, it might be excellent, it might be a lot of things, but it wouldn't be a continuation of the Castle line, so whatever it might actually be called, it (...) (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) We know just a few sets that will come out in 2004. And we do not even know for sure if these new Bionicle sets ARE castle themed. IMHO they are not the new sets are being referred to by Lego as a "city" See here: (URL) you ready to enter the (...) (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

Hello! (...) There are people who have already seen pictures of these "Knights' Kingdom" figures: Employees of toystores. They got catalogues for their orders from Billund. That's where the information on 1000steine was from. For obvious reasons (...) (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) You don't. (...) There are no bad pieces..only bad little children. (...) So do you. "Here, this time, close the helmet's blast plate." (...) So build something new, and show us what castle needs. (...) It IS about creativity. IF (he says (...) (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) Hi Tim, You have a good point, sometimes we get so focused on what we don't like that we forget about the millions of things we do like. The three Castle sets out there are great and I have bought several of each. But two of those sets have (...) (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) <snip> Good, then Todd can move lugnet.technic.bionicle to lugnet.castle.bionicle! j/k, this is bad news IMHO. (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) Remember though that TLC generally considers that Harry Potter IS Castle right now. So, aside from Lego Direct stuff (like the Guarded Inn, Blacksmiths Shop and Black Falcons Fortress), dont expect to see regular castle on the shelves (...) (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) Ah but you see - thats EXACTLY how rumors start. And guess what - the *rumors* were not true - the new castle sets are NOT Bionicle. Granted, they are not minifig scale but they are NOT Bionicle. Play Well! Mark P (URL) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

Hello! (...) Yes. But they are way more like "Bionicle" than like "System Castle" :-) And by saying the new Knight figures are NOT Bionicle you make us Castle fans despair even more. Because it means: They are not Bionicle but Castle, meaning that (...) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) That's a bit of a jump. Plus, "Bionicle" is a defined theme with a defined storyline, which the knights are not a part of. So, it is entirely true saying its not Bionicle, and its entirely false saying it is Bionicle. -Tim (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

Hi Tim! (...) sigh Of course those Knights are not "Bionicle". However, imagine NOT being a Bionicle-connoisseur (And note, I do not say "Bionicle-Fan", just in case we want to continue being pettifoggers (sorry, if this word is an offensive term, (...) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) Mark, These are large-scale action figures built with many non-System pieces (though perhaps not as much as Bionicle). There is a small number of key characters--each with their own color and emblem (compare to Bionicle element)--with some (...) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)