 Castle / 15000 (+100)
  Re: how very odd

Lego always makes new parts. They have to balance the cost of creating a new part with the eventual use of that part. In normal production sets, new parts can be used often, and the creation costs recovered. The Star Wars line has lots of new parts (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: how very odd

(...) My honest opinion is that these are bad examples. These are all Star Wars parts and almost had to have been made because of the license (I know Lando and Mace should be done as well but that is another issue entirely). As for you examples I (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Permanent Standard - A Medieval Town

(...) I'm concerned by the wording of this. My first response was "Well I won't bother reading more, since I'm not that good of a builder." Especially the line "Models should be good enough to become a set made by LEGO". Maybe you want to restrict (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  not *that* odd (was Re: how very odd)

(...) Don't we have an even more recent example of this occurring in the Knight's Kingdom, #6098 King Leo's Castle? I refer to this element: (URL) the different set numbers refer to the same set -- so basically, it has appeared in only one set so (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: how very odd

(...) How about the conveyor from the Gravel Pit set (360_1)... that set of several parts (body, 2 spindles, stand, lower stand, spill way, crank, rubber belt) was used in very few other sets (I cannot find where it was used in yellow but am sure it (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: MM Standard Clarification... Please read

Jeremy et al, I wanted to add a few comments on this. First, I absolutely agree with Brett's feelings on the subject (see the post I replied to). The idea of the MM is fun, and green baseplates work just fine, if you consider the open field usage (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: not *that* odd (was Re: how very odd)

richard marchetti" <blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote in message news:H52Hr6.tJ@lugnet.com... (...) in (...) Knight's (...) you (...) True, but hateful though it is it serves a purpose that cannot be done without modified bricks. You can't get a portcullis (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Permanent Standard - A Medieval Town

(...) I did not mean to offend anyone. I just wanted to strive for detailed moc's that people spend some time on. I do not think that my, or hardly anyone's creations are good enough to be actual sets (or Lego would be making them into MOC sets) On (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: how very odd

Hey everybody, When I first saw that odd part (I don't have that castle but when I browsed for it's instructions on Brickshelf) I did too wondered how come they made this new Castle wall or at least why the window there is hidden. Thinking of it now (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tauros Military Outpost

(...) Thanks Chris! It was very hard building the cliffsides so they looked natural. The green couldn't be too concentrated or else it just looked weird (in my opionion anyway.) But yes, I tried to make it look as natural as possible, and I think it (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tauros Military Outpost

(...) Thanks! (...) Hey, no problem. I actually didn't know I had set it up like that, but I guess it's a good thing, so that's good. Thanks for letting me know. Wilson (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tauros Military Outpost

(...) landscape first, then building the structure around it. Then it's like if I were building a real building, working with what I've been given, working around the landscape and such. I think it makes building a lot more challenging, which makes (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tauros Military Outpost

(...) Thanks Sean. (...) What exactly do you mean, "didn't come out"? The quality didn't turn out well? Or that you can't see much from the way they were taken? If they just didn't show up, maybe try refreshing it a couple times, because I can see (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tauros Military Outpost

(...) The quality was fine, its just for a couple of them the squares had little red x's at the top left hand corner. Probably just me though. (...) I'll try that eventually. Hasta La Vista, Sean (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tauros Military Outpost

Just a quick note, I can access all the pictures. No problem seeing them. Josh (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Permanent Standard - A Medieval Town

Hey Ben, How's it going? I am not offended by your project. However, the standard you have written is a little bit wordy, IMO. It is a bit hard to follow and keep track of what the standard actually is. I realize that what you posted is just a rough (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Medieval Town Suggestions

Is their enough interest in this project? Should it be something planned for far in the future? If so please continue: This a condensed version of some medieval town suggestions (none of these ideas have to be used). Please post your ideas on these (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Permanent Standard - A Medieval Town

(...) Thanks for the good ideas Josh. I started a new thread with a condensed suggestion list. It is extremely open to change and addition/subtraction of suggestions (none of which have to be followed). As far as detail is concerned, I think that as (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  M. Marketplace standard question...

Hi builders, planners, et al. I have a few questions about the Marketplace standards. 1) The road overhang can only overlap by 1 stud right, but how high? How much clearance is needed for men on horseback, carts, carriages, wagons, etc that may come (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tauros Military Outpost

Wilson, Very cool. This is one of the most original fortress MOCs I've seen. As others have said, I love how it is built in a "real" location--the design of the fortress is based around the setting in which it is located. A great example of this is (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: M. Marketplace standard question...

Hi Ben, When the group was working on standards, we were primarily thinking in terms of temporary style one-level structures/stalls, not permanent buildings. So it was a bit of a surprise - a pleasant and welcome surprise - when the first creations (...) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: M. Marketplace standard question...

I think the general answer in the MM for unanswered questions is, you figure it out. If your over hang needs to be big, go ahead. As for a rear overhang, do you EVER plan on putting anything behind it? If so, you really can't put anything back (...) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Medieval Town Suggestions

I'm curious why we need such a project? Don't we all just build these things anyways? Whatever, my only suggestion is this, stay small. Why don't you guys just build Marketshops that are "permanent". You could call them 'buildings' and they could be (...) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: M. Marketplace standard question...

My thoughts exactly. Good job, Erick. Josh (...) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Medieval Town Suggestions

(...) The idea of a project like this is to have a standard for building which allows groups of people to meet and create a larger display than their personal collection and time might provide. From my past experience in participating in these (...) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Medieval Town Suggestions

First, I think we should all applaud the efforts of Jeremy, Josh, Jason, Benjamin and everyone else who's been working to get a group project going. I think it would be great to get a large project going that everyone can be a part of. There has (...) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Griffon Mark II

I've had it in my head ever since I released the first images of my griffon oh so long ago. People seemed to love my griffon, all except the static nature of the wings. So last night I worked on that. I don't have more pictures right now, but I hope (...) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Griffon Mark II

(...) I'm normally not much for revisions of previous creations, but this is really well done. I like the new wings a lot more. They seem more natural. The way the upper ridge gets bigger closer to the body helps with this perception. Good work! (...) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: how very odd

Larry Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:H52L9s.Azt@lugnet.com... (...) on. (...) That parts was used in another set too. (URL) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: how very odd

(...) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: how very odd

Larry Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:H5828K.4Kp@lugnet.com... (...) was (...) I have the instructions for that set somewhere.... If I just knew where... S (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: how very odd

Honestly, with the cost of making new molds being so high, and Megablocks really beating LEGO on the price/parts ratio, I don't see why they would spend the money on making new molds of things than can already be made by combining a few existing (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: how very odd

(...) I can't help myself. Since none of us will ever know what the business justification is for making molds vs. reusing existing pieces, it's all wild and idle speculation. But, here are my guesses, worth far less than a 2x4 brick. - There's more (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: who is the castle curator???

(...) Hi! (FYI: I'm now on my way back into 'real life') (...) Well, that wasn't part of a [conscious] descision on my part, but I think I know what you mean. The geater the scope of a theme, the harder it is to think of any one person as the (...) (22 years ago, 9-Nov-02, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.castle)

  who is the .space curator (was Re: who is the castle curator???)

"LUGNET Admin" <suz@lugnet.com> wrote in message news:H5Bq32.H9x@lugnet.com... (...) I (...) think (...) but (...) Actually thats not entirely true. :-) I sent you an email a while ago about this but I knew you were busy. I'm ready to be set up as (...) (22 years ago, 9-Nov-02, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.castle)

  Re: who is the castle curator???

(...) This is too funny! Has this jus’ suddenly become a bid for the throne? A struggle that could unite or rip apart the kingdom??? A battle of wills and opinions from competing Dukes and Barons… <Slaps forehead!> OMFG give me a break! This isn’t a (...) (22 years ago, 9-Nov-02, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.castle)

  Re: who is the castle curator???

In lugnet.admin.curators, Richard Noeckel writes: Heh..I knew my opinion would arise some manner of contreversy. Not surprising. (...) Not exactly to that proportion...although I can sense your sarcasm. (...) Maybe not if you're a dual theme poster. (...) (22 years ago, 9-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Minotaur

I was chatting with Tim Deering and he showed me a minotaur he made: (URL) mentioned he should try really big Tim Curry style horns on it and he told me ot make one. This dude is pretty rough but here was my first attempt: (URL) favorite part are (...) (22 years ago, 9-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: who is the castle curator???

Hi Matt, I understand and respect your statements. I even value your prudence… It jus’ that, the way I see it, the advantages of having a ‘care-taker’ out ways the odds of preferential treatment or the remote development of a hierarchy! (Just an (...) (22 years ago, 9-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: who is the castle curator???

(...) Good to hear. (...) I don't think at lugnet, anyhow...(or least that I can honestly recall :) (...) Hmm...Perhaps I may have overlooked that given fact. As long as the curator is a trustworthy person, and contributes to the overall state of (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Minotaur

Very nice Minotaur, Jon! This made me want to break out the bricks and try my hand at one. Definitely going to have to give it a try. Thanks, Josh (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Minotaur

Hello! (...) Well, and now build a labyrinth around him! Bye Jojo (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: who is the castle curator???

All discussions aside. Here's Suz take on the situation, she can either pick an curator herself, or someone can start up an member (FTX) page. I love working with FTX, but would REALLY love some great ideas on what to include or not. I'll have to (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: who is the castle curator???

(...) Well, I'll back you for the curatorship then, being that you're the only person who honestly really wants to attain curatorship of castle and make some important change. (haven't seen many other takers as of yet.) Here are a few ideas for you. (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: who is the castle curator???

(...) Thanks. But it didn't happen all at once. Further, it wasn't very much me, it was mostly the suggestions of people in the group. When someone had a tidbit or a good resource to share I'd add it, whether it was sent to me via email, or (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: who is the castle curator???

(...) Benjamin, There is also this that could be linked via the side-bar: -Castle FAQ (compiled by Cary Clark) (URL) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Finally pictures of My BrickFest 2002 MOCs

Greetings everyone. Boy, I'll tell you, having a 14 month old in the house takes up a tremendous amount of time. :-) I have finally gotten around to taking pictures of the two houses that I brought to BrickFest for the Castle modular town layout. (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc)

  AdeLUG's #5 - Write up

Here is the write up for the Adelaide LEGO Users Group meeting #5 It can also be found at the AdeLUG's website: (URL) - AdeLUG's #5, Sunday 10 November 2002 THEME - Moonbase Project VENUE - Holdfast Bay Community Centre, Hove (about 20mins (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.sa.ade, lugnet.castle, lugnet.fabuland, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: who is the castle curator???

(...) Thanks Matt and John for your early input. I worked for a couple hours tonight starting this up. Here is an "early" look to the proposed castle side-bar. I have cross-posted this to lugnet.admin.curator to see if this is acceptable with the (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: who is the castle curator???

(...) When I looked at the ftx source ((URL) looked like you did the hot castle posts by hand... Or at least the output ftx did. Are you using the function to build it: "NewsSpotlight(lugnet.castle)" ?? Other than that (which could be an anomaly of (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.curators)

  I gotta quit losing these arguments with myself...

Well, I talked it over with myself, and I finally convinced me to preview another page of characters and their bios to the world. It was a tough sell, but I finally gave in to my tactics. It's short but sweet. So here ya go: (URL) gone out to look (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: who is the castle curator???

Hey, It looks nice. A couple of suggestions: Looking at .trains as a model, some graphics would be nice, either official sets or minifigs, or a couple of cool MOCs. If it were MOCs you would want to rotate these relatively often so lots of people (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: who is the castle curator???

(...) Nice! There is a great myriad of informative links, something that every sidebar seems to need. The only addition I could think of would be to add some extra graphics to spruce up the bar. (wicked MOCS, castleworld logo, etc. You get the (...) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: who is the castle curator???

Just heads up. This is a batched response to the 3 suggestions from: Larry P, Matt Hein, and Bruce Hietbrink. (...) Thanks for the input, Lar. I changed it to your suggestion. I might need a little hand with the graphics end....either that or have (...) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: who is the castle curator???

(...) I would strongly recommend you not make a list of personal page links. It would be very long and a major hassle, and people will complain if their links aren't on it (some of you may remember a recent fiasco in .mecha like this). Links to (...) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.curators)

  looking for pics of a castle

I am looking for pics of a specific castle MOC for some building ideas. These pics were posted a while ago and I don't remember what it was called, or who built it, but it was very impressive, and I am sure many peopel remeber the one I mean. I (...) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: looking for pics of a castle

Magnus, I think you are thinking of Eric Brok's Estuary Stronghold. A truly magnificent MOC. (URL) in menu: Castle -> Estuary Stronghold -> Making of & Construction ----- Original Message ----- From: "Magnus Lauglo" <thunder_road@hotmail.com> (...) (...) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: who is the castle curator???

(...) As far as pics go I basically tell people that I saw their pic, liked it, and if they want their pic on the sidebar, could they please put one on BrickShelf that was sized "thus by such" (300 pixels or so wide seems a good width), and send me (...) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: Tauros Military Outpost

Very nice; it has alot of detail and it's large, but still looks good overall. I must say I really like the timeline photo thing; everyone should do this, it really adds depth to the model. Great! Christian (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Finally pictures of My BrickFest 2002 MOCs

"Andy Lynch" <andy@NOSPAMandyandjackie.com> wrote in message news:H5FC1I.5Hy@lugnet.com... (...) tremendous (...) Wait until they are a bit older and take up a tremendous amount of your LEGO :) (...) Thanks for sharing those Andy. As I have said (...) (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: I gotta quit losing these arguments with myself...

Hey Anthony, Cool characters, as always. Will these guys be in your new epic? Josh (...) (22 years ago, 15-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Finally pictures of My BrickFest 2002 MOCs

Hey Andy, Neat buildings! You put alot of detail into them. I was quite impressed. The roof on the inn was very original. Josh (...) (22 years ago, 15-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tauros Military Outpost

(...) Cool, thanks Bruce! Building around the landscape was a really fun challenge for this project. And I think the sloped walls on the inside give it a very aesthetic and natural look, which makes it more fun to look at. (...) Yeah, I've seen some (...) (22 years ago, 15-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: who is the castle curator???

(...) Sure... it helps. Also, Brickshelf automatically makes thumbnails of all the pictures of uploaded to it. I can use the thumbnails for the higher "demand" pictures. We'll see what kind of pics the people want to see on the castle side-bar. (...) (22 years ago, 15-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Proposed Castle Side-bar Version 3.0

(...) Great Ideas Jeff. Still looking forward to see what kind of "General Castle Links" you want to add to the Castle Side-bar. I have taken into account what you said, and have made changes accordingly. The castlepage is broken up into 2 (...) (22 years ago, 15-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: Tauros Military Outpost

(...) Thanks Christian. I wish I would have taken more pictures myself, as well. It's a lot of fun to look back and see what you intended to do, and then see the final product and what it eventually mutated into. Don't worry though, I plan on doing (...) (22 years ago, 15-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: who is the castle curator???

(...) I must admit, I haven't been following this thread closely.. but I just noticed the above and wanted to point out that I've used BS thumbnails before. like here: (URL) (22 years ago, 15-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: who is the castle curator???

LUGNET Admin wrote in message ... (...) Kevin ---...--- NEW Cottage kit, 577 pieces! (URL) TOWN PLANNING information: (URL) Lego parts store: (URL) Guild of Bricksmiths(TM): (URL) Lego Web page: (URL) (22 years ago, 15-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: who is the castle curator???

(...) Right click on the thumbnail and go to properties. Copy the url listed there, and paste where you want it. Adrian -- www.brickfrenzy.com (22 years ago, 15-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: Tha First Medieval Marketplace!

(...) Hi, The Rare Items Co. is going to become the first medieval marketplace to get in new stock. I updated it's inventory with a white hood, full body armour, ornate silver armour, a brown crossbow, the black knight's four dragon flag, and a (...) (22 years ago, 15-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tha First Medieval Marketplace!

Hello! (...) The by far rarest thing to find in an European medieval shop might be the banana. :-) Bye Jojo (22 years ago, 15-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: who is the castle curator???

Adrian Drake wrote in message ... (...) Aha! Thanks Adrian you learn something new every day... Kevin ---...--- NEW Cottage kit, 577 pieces! (URL) TOWN PLANNING information: (URL) Lego parts store: (URL) Guild of Bricksmiths(TM): (URL) Lego Web (...) (22 years ago, 16-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: Tha First Medieval Marketplace!

(...) I was going to paint it black and get that long traveled/old look but I didn't get round to it (why ruin a banana?). God Bless, Nathan (22 years ago, 16-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  whats going on???

hi guys, i was wondering if any of you guys were having this same problem? I emailed all my characters and such too the owner of castle world, and well he hasn't put it up yet is he busy or something, and if so how come he doesn't respond to my (...) (22 years ago, 16-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  druid acadame

I've put up some pictures of the druid acadame. Check them out if interested. (URL) be in the acadame folder (22 years ago, 17-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: whats going on???

Hey Joey, I emailed all my info to join Castle World way back when IOM was around. As I understood it then and now, yes Castle World admins are extremely busy. Recently Richard Marchetti has taken over the reigns, but it sounds like this is quite a (...) (22 years ago, 17-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Forge

Hi everyone, This is my interpretation of a forge from the 1987 LEGO idea book seen here: (URL) are the instructions: (URL) and comments are welcome. Thanks Ben (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc) !

  MM MOC Teaser

Crossing over from Star Wars into Castle, we thought that joining the Medieval Marketplace was the perfect way to start it. We've come up with something that we think is an original design since we haven't seen one like this done yet. Here's a (...) (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MM MOC Teaser

Hey Amado! New castle people are always welcome. Your market shop looks great! I like how you used the brown capes around the outside of your shop. I would love to see the inside or hear about what kind of shop it is. Welcome to .castle and to the (...) (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  My latest Castle MOC : Tornellyn Dungeon

Hi there, I've ended my latest and smaller castle yesterday. Here's the link on brickshelf : (URL) those who wants to see more of may buildings : (URL) can also visit my website dedicated to my fantasy universe and my Castle MOCs : (URL) it's hard (...) (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My latest Castle MOC : Tornellyn Dungeon

Hi Denix, Your latest castle is incredible as always. What is the story behind this one? I really like how you usually build your castles on the water. It gives them a very unique feel. Good job! Build On, Josh (...) (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Forge

(...) Ben, That's really cool, with my engineering background I appreciate the MOCs that show the hard working mechanically minded minifigs that provide the armor and weapons that adorn the glamorous knights and Kings. Thanks, George (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Forge

Hi Ben Thanks for your great work, cool pictures I always loved that particulair LEGO idea book - I think it was the best one LEGO ever did (concerning Castle I mean). I never understood why LEGO never made some of those models for sale. I always (...) (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Castle ladder element in 4588?

I was looking at the pics of 4588 Racers set in my SAH catalog, and noticed that it appears that the elevated bridge segment in the set uses two of the brown 3x14 ladders from 6061 as its treadway. Can someone who has this set please confirm what (...) (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Forge

"The Black Sword" <Yarondor@012.net.il> wrote in message news:H5s307.Fru@lugnet.com... (...) one (...) never (...) I agree, good work Ben and what a great Idea book. I've always liked the look of the contraption to the right of this picture (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Forge

(...) This book is also my favorite for castle subsets. I really like that these sets can be built if you own all of the classic castle sets. (although Forge set needs a few space parts) (...) I have been planning to do that model when I get a (...) (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle ladder element in 4588?

(...) Someone who had just bought that set brought parts to the last IndyLUG meeting, and indeed it appears that the set comes with two of the rare good ladders in brown (hitherto only available from 6061 and 6071). (I was excited, anyway.) (...) (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MM MOC Teaser

Finally found a good use for the extra Jedi capes that we got from the EI sets. Almost done with the pics and sorry that you'll just have to wait until we've come up with the background storyline for it. Regards, ACPin & Sons (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  My Medieval Town : First 5 Buildings

Hi, Inspired by the Medieval Marketplace and Town ideas, I started building. I finally finished five buildings, and here they are: (URL) can see an overview of my 'town' at the moment in this picture: (URL) central idea of the town is that the shops (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My latest Castle MOC : Tornellyn Dungeon

Very nice! Good usage of a rock face to put your creation on. -- Pawel (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MM MOC Teaser

Hey AC! Not only do I really admire you SW Customs, but I now have another reason to love you more!!! Anyway, as MM Webmaster, send me a thumbnail teaser pic and link to your page (or where it will be) so that we can show it on the MM web page! (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Loyal to .castle? [ROLL CALL]

(...) (22) Alex Polimeni - The Warrior Lives. (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My latest Castle MOC : Tornellyn Dungeon

(...) I checked out your avolonnia site, and although I can't read french (a dissappointment), nevertheless, your designs seem very original, and to some extent, inspirative. Other than that, keep up the great work. I look forward to some more (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  My lego rpg story, amongst others...

I noticed there wasn't much activity here at .castle, so I decided to go along and present to you, one of my lego RPG stories, for your enjoyment... I just recently completed a text only excerpt from my work in progress. Of course, I'll have the (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Loyal to .castle? [ROLL CALL]

(...) Sorry if that last post was a bit sketchy. I know im new to LUGNET castle, so here is a bit about myself, because none of you know me. I am 11 years old, Castle builder since i was seven, and a devoted lego fan. I have attended no brickfest (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Loyal to .castle? [ROLL CALL]

-Castle ROLL-CALL: ¯¯¯...¯¯¯ (1) Jeremy Scott - .castle since I came lugnet... .castle until I DIE! (2) Joey Finnell (3) Yaron Dori - proud to be a part of castle (4) Dan Thompson (5) John "Hendo" Henderson - not .castle only, but always around. (6) (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Loyal to .castle? [ROLL CALL]

Well welcome Alex!!! I was thinking about you today! Glad to see you finally have posting rights and have posted your first posts!!! Welcome to loyal castle club!!! Once note though, you are number 37. And no need to thank me for helping you - it (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Loyal to .castle? [ROLL CALL]

(...) Anthony probably will. Does Ikros have the history of the last 3,000 or so years in it? this is why its not going to be on the web in a while. and when im putting it on the web, i doubt its going to be a easy job. Anyhow, heres a preview: (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Loyal to .castle? [ROLL CALL]

(...) (38) Hi there! New to .castle, but you have my sword & shield! Hey John "Hendo" Henderson , I tried replying to your posting of a month ago, but did not succeed... I totally agree with your views, especially the Antioch mention... I actually (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Loyal to .castle? [ROLL CALL]

(...) Sounds like a great idea to me! I have had expirience in creating midevil maps for several themes. If all of you tell me about your kingdoms or realms or whatever, I can most likely put together a map of it all. If anybody likes this idea, (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact