 Castle / 15002
Re: Permanent Standard - A Medieval Town
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 19:20:13 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.castle, Ben Ellermann writes:
Design and quality – All models shall be of high quality and thought out
design.  Try to be historically accurate if possible (13th – 16th
centuries).  The town shall show the best castle buildings that our
community can design.  Models should be good enough to become a set made by
LEGO.  Several factors are involved.  Playability – the set should open with
hinges, a removable wall or roof, or separate with technic pins.  Moveable
features like pulleys, trap doors, secret vaults, etc are a plus.  Buildings
should be appropriately furnished – what is inside a set is as important as
the exterior design.

I'm concerned by the wording of this.  My first response was "Well I won't
bother reading more, since I'm not that good of a builder."  Especially the
line "Models should be good enough to become a set made by LEGO".  Maybe you
want to restrict this to just the top quality builders, but if you don't you
should try to make the phrasing a little more welcoming.

Jason