 Castle / 15007
Re: Permanent Standard - A Medieval Town
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 00:14:34 GMT

I'm concerned by the wording of this.  My first response was "Well I won't
bother reading more, since I'm not that good of a builder."  Especially the
line "Models should be good enough to become a set made by LEGO".  Maybe you
want to restrict this to just the top quality builders, but if you don't you
should try to make the phrasing a little more welcoming.

I did not mean to offend anyone.  I just wanted to strive for detailed moc's
that people spend some time on.  I do not think that my, or hardly anyone's
creations are good enough to be actual sets (or Lego would be making them
into MOC sets)  On the other hand I try my best to be as creative as possible.
I also think that everyone can create really good castle sets.  I think
their may be a difference - building just for fun vs. creating a "set".  It
also may be the case that many afol's and children are more interested in
building only and not in the permanent town (town made of sets) idea.  As a
child I was an exception to the rule by making my creations match in color,
have an order, etc (perhaps this is still true).

Ben