 Castle / 15021
Re: M. Marketplace standard question...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 03:08:56 GMT

I think the general answer in the MM for unanswered questions is, you figure
it out.  If your over hang needs to be big, go ahead.  As for a rear
overhang, do you EVER plan on putting anything behind it?  If so, you really
can't put anything back there.  I think the idea about restricting overhangs
is because, if you put 2 face to face, and have large over hangs they'll hit
or touch or look dumb.  Just think realisim, would a real shop have an
overhang that's only 2 feet off the ground, or be larger than the building
itself.  So unless Jeremy or the others wants to correct me here, I say to
all untouched MM questions (those not covered on the website) do it, if it
looks nice, then it works, if not, we'll not do it again.  The point of the
restrictions is to NOT restrict.

e.

In lugnet.castle, Ben Gatrelle writes:
Hi builders, planners, et al.
I have a few questions about the Marketplace standards.
1) The road overhang can only overlap by 1 stud right, but how high?  How
much clearance is needed for men on horseback, carts, carriages, wagons, etc
that may come rolling down the street. Should there be a standard of 8
bricks or so up before the building can overhang into the street? I don't
remember seeing this mentioned elsewhere.

2) Same question, but for the back alley. Is overhang allowed there, and if
so, how high?

BEN GATRELLE