 Castle / 15016
15015  |  15017
Subject:
Medieval Town Suggestions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 16:49:31 GMT

Is their enough interest in this project?  Should it be something planned
for far in the future?

If so please continue:

This a condensed version of some medieval town suggestions (none of these
ideas have to be used).  Please post your ideas on these topics and raise
any other topics you wish.  Disregard my previous failed attempt at a town
standard.  Thanks.

Medieval Town Suggestions

Models

1.Assembly - All models can be rendered and/or built
2.Playability - opens with hinges, a removable wall or roof, or separate
with technic pins
3.Materials - Please use semi-realistic color schemes (ie: not purple walls)

Town Layout

Please post your ideas for this:

1.Size of major streets, minor streets, and alleys?
2.Direction of streets?
3.Shape and size of lots?
4.Height Restrictions?
5.Public Areas / Town square?
6.River or ocean town?
7.Change of elevation of ground (hills)?
8.How do models join together?

Building Ideas:

Houses for rich and poor, Shops, Churches, Cathedral, Palace, Mayor’s House,
University, Barracks, Docks, Town wall and gate, surrounding farms

Town Completion?

Do people have an interest in bringing their models together?
Should their be a website with a town layout and pictures of individuals
buildings?

Please post your thoughts on these issues.

Thank you,

Ben

p.s. Since I am extremely busy this week I will have to work on this project
in the future.