 Castle / 15025
Re: Medieval Town Suggestions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 19:24:32 GMT

First, I think we should all applaud the efforts of Jeremy, Josh, Jason,
Benjamin and everyone else who's been working to get a group project going. I
think it would be great to get a large project going that everyone can be a
part of.

There has been a lot of discussion about standards, and it's pretty clear that
some people are beginning to get frustrated. We should look at what we already
be agreed on and take it from there.

I think that everyone agrees that multpiles of a 16 x 16 size is reasonable (16
x 16, 16 x 32, 32 x 32) and that there should be space for a road built into
the edge of the base, and that there should be empty rows at the edge to make
hooking them together possible.

There have been questions about: how wide the alleys and roads should be, what
color the roads and baseplates should be, and whether the the buildings should
be permanent structures or temporary.

I suggest that we all start building, following what we do agree on and let the
other things wait for a while. When we get enough projects, we might discover
that we have both a permanent town and a temporary market. We might even end up
with more than one town!

When I was a kid, my friends and I would do things like this when we played
together, and we always ended up making the rules as we went along. We would
even rebuild our buildings to make them fit into the new rules.

If a bunch of kids can have fun together, why can't a bunch of grown ups?

Let's all get started and see what happens.
Stephen