 CAD / Development / 8632
Re: LPub and Lsynth page for tracking enhancement requests and bug fixes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 20:59:43 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Mike Walsh writes:

"Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message

[ ... snipped ... ]

Looking into other renderers was just a thought of mine.  Your requests • for
pause controls is indicitive of the cost of high quality rendering.

For those who do not want to pay that price they have to lay out BIs by • hand.

[ ... snipped ... ]

I am chasing an issue that failed halfway through a render right now.
Fortunately I am running on a fast box so rendering time, while long, isn't
in days.  However, waiting an hour for something to fail is a tedious
process.

What struck me today is it would be nice if LPub supported a "proof" or
"thumbnail" mode that would generate all of the files based on the current
LPub configuration but at a smaller image size.  I know I can manually build
a "proof" or "thumbnail" config but it would nice if there was a simple
checkbox or radio button to toggle modes.

Hi Mike,

  I've added it to the list.  Minimally I could see it affecting construction
image size, and possibly some quality and anti-aliasing controls, but I'm not
sure it makes sense to affect rendering of parts for part list images and BOMs,
correct?

  This seems easy enough to add.

Kevin

Mike