 CAD / Development / 8590
Re: LPub and Lsynth page for tracking enhancement requests and bug fixes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 29 Mar 2003 02:09:25 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Tim Courtney writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Kevin L. Clague writes:
Hi All,
I've been doing some building lately to recharge my tactile batteries, but
LPub and Lsynth have been starting to stur up back-of-the-brain activity.

I've gotten so many suggestions (especially from Tim Courtney who emails
me almost every day with user problems, bug reports or suggestions), it is
getting hard to keep them in my brain.

:-)

I've created a new lugnet page:

http://www.lugnet.com/cad/dev/~1527/

Oooh, I'd love to see LDLite as a renderer! I was talking to Paul the other
day about adding support for Buffer Exchange and Rotation Steps, etc. Maybe
if LPub supported it, LDLite wouldn't have to make those changes.

Paul,

  Because L3P doesn't know anything about buffer exchange or rotation steps,
LPub creates a DAT for each step and handles all the rotation and stuff.

  Is there mechanism in LDLite that will let LPub interact with LDLite
through interprocess communication?  POV-Ray has a mechanism for this, and
LPub uses it so that I don't have to start a new POV-Ray for each picture
rendered.

Kevin

-Tim