 CAD / Development / 8595
Re: LPub and Lsynth page for tracking enhancement requests and bug fixes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 30 Mar 2003 12:26:27 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Willy Tschager writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Kevin L. Clague writes:

Feel free to respond to this post with ideas and I'll add
them to the list.

hi kevin,

we've already discussed the following in the past via e-mail, but these
features are missing in the list ;-)

Hi Willy,

* mask-rendering or support for transparent background.

Thanks for this one.

* preview-window to check the camera-settings

Please note that LPub is not a renderer.  What you are asking for in this
one is a renderer, which is no small change.    It could take a *long* time
for this one to get done (if it does).

Might I recommend changing the POV-Ray->Output->Dimensions to small numbers
to check out your camera settings?

* color scaling of parts from previous steps should be turned on/off by a
check-button or radio button or ...

This one seems over kill since the scroll bar already provides this
mechanism.  I see no added value to this, it just makes the code more
complicated for no good reason.

when I asked for:

* background images for construction images and PLI

I was specifically refering to: MLCad's step-background statement. is this
what you are talking about?

Yes.

... and bug reports ...

problem with extended ASCII in path names

I'll do what I can here, but this depends on L3P, POV-Ray and Mega-POV's
handling of extended ASII in path names.  I have no control over these
programs.  I'll do what I can, but this may be a tough one.

bye, willy

Kevin