 CAD / Development / 8612
Re: LPub and Lsynth page for tracking enhancement requests and bug fixes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 30 Mar 2003 17:58:47 GMT

<snip>

...and bugs:

- Cancel dialog often stays up, unless the rendering is canceled just right

This is a bug.  It is not the behavior I intended.

Perhaps I should give a bit more detail. What I mean is even when operations
are canceled, or you actually click the "Cancel" button in this dialog, the
dialog still stays on screen.

I understood.  It is a bug.

- No memory on the "Open..." dialog. Always defaults to LDraw directory > Models

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  In what way is this a *bug*?  It is
exactly what I have designed it to do.  This is an enhancement request :^)

Bug in the sense that I have seen other windows applications do this, and it
is a great feature (for me anyway). So yes, enhance it, baby!

Yes, well there are numerous windows apps that can render LDraw files
quickly on the screen, but just because LPub doesn't support it doesn't mean
LPub has a bug. ;-)

Some of these would have a much higher priority than others. I'm sure some
things get taken care of, or get wrapped into other coding jobs. But for
separate tasks, do you have any interest in putting these things up to a
vote by users?

You are welcome to run a vote.

I tend to prioritize by simplicity, personal desire and my perception of the
value of the enhancement, as well as the scope of the change.

Of course true bugs with the most impact are highest priority.

Makes sense. And I wouldn't run a vote unless you wanted me to. I just
figure if you were trying to decide were to spend time in a non-bug, or
non-critical way, might be fun to do.

Running a vote would be cool, but I don't want to do it ;-)

Kevin