 CAD / Development / 7609
Re: MPD spec
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 21:15:12 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Steve Bliss writes:

Perhaps we should define the spec with two levels:  "strict MPD" and
"expanded MPD".  Strict MPD would require everything necessary to render
files with ldraw:

Or perhaps MPD and LD2.

We have discussed the time for a new, not LDraw compatible standard years
ago. I don't like the idea of an "almost LDraw compatible" standard. Isn't
it better to go all the way with maybe type 6, 7, 8... commands than keep
building on a very good but sometimes not good enough foundation?

/Tore