Re: MPD spec
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 16:05:22 GMT

Tore Eriksson wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss writes:

I think the MPD standard should include scoping/visibility rules, so
FILEs in an mpd are only available from within that MPD, not from other
DAT/LDR/MPD files.

I think so, too.

Me too. And originally, you actually had to split a MPD file
before you could view the contents. I would prefer that we
stick to this way of treating MPD files as if they are
splitted/unpacked before their content is processed.

I see MPD files almost like ZIP files.

That is also very much like how they were designed.

One more thing is that the more complicated we make the
LCad file specs, the fewer programmers will be able to
contribute.

And we don't want that.

I'm already completely lost with some of the newer
features.

Which ones?

Play well,

Jacob