 CAD / Development / 7569
Re: MPD spec
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 23:29:39 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Tore Eriksson writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss writes:

Should probably also add the following...

- paths are allowed, so are explicit drive references.

MPD Workshop cannot handle a reference to a non-existing directory, or
rather, it does not create a folder if necessary.

For example:
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/ideas/?n=171
The line:
0 FILE s\41342s01.dat
assumes that there already exists the folder 's\' in the target directory,
or else a runtime error is generated.

If I get it right, the mpd is compilant but not the software?

Hmm.  I don't remember if there was a lot of discussion about putting paths
on the 0 FILE line.  So I won't say for absolute sure that the program
should allow them.

I'd say any software that *thinks* it needs a directory, and crashes when
it's not there, has a problem.  If directory information is not allowed, it
should report an error.  If it won't create directories, it should report it.

Steve