 CAD / Development / 7591
Re: Paths, explicit drive references, and the case of file names (Was: MPD spec)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 14:24:18 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
We should also decide on a preferred - or maybe even fixed -
directory name delimiter. I suppose that it should be "\",
even though Unix and Mac people probably have different
preferences.

Yes, yes, and I'm guessing yes.

why not just say any of the following (':', '/' and '\') can be used as a
delimiter, and it doesn't matter which you use - it's up to the program to
translate any of those to the correct one for the OS?

And what about the case of file names? My MPD splitter
converts all the file names to lower case before the files
are created. I suspect that this technically is wrong.

I think you are correct - file name case should be preserved.

defenitly!

:)

Dan