 CAD / Development / 4130
Re: MPD spec
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 21:18:34 GMT

Rui:

Maybe you just want to convert directly from a mail dump ?
But that can easilly be done by copy/paste, except for batch processing.

I do use it for "batch processing".

but you also run into problems, when something is added to
the mail after the MPD file dump.

That's while I added the "NOFILE" meta-command at some
point. I think it was Jeremy who made me aware of the need
for that.

"Are you the MPD format owner ?"

I think you could say so. I wrote the definition and the
first tools to handle the format.

or is this a definition discussed and defined by the Ldraw community ?

They can certainly be discussed by the community, but I will
be very resistent to changes that don't see as improvements
of the format.

So far you have been unable to convince me.

Play well,

Jacob

--  E-mail:               sparre@cats.nbi.dk              --
--  Web...:   <URL: http://hugin.ldraw.org/LEGO/Huse/ >   --