 CAD / Development / 7571
Re: MPD spec
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 00:08:42 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Tore Eriksson writes:
MPD Workshop cannot handle a reference to a non-existing directory, or
rather, it does not create a folder if necessary.

For example:
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/ideas/?n=171
The line:
0 FILE s\41342s01.dat
assumes that there already exists the folder 's\' in the target directory,
or else a runtime error is generated.

If I get it right, the mpd is compilant but not the software?

Hmm.  I don't remember if there was a lot of discussion about putting paths
on the 0 FILE line.  So I won't say for absolute sure that the program
should allow them.

FWIW both the ldlite and l3 parsers in ldglite are OK with
paths in an MPD file.  Just make sure the path in the 0 FILE
line matches the path on the type 1 line that pulls in the
subfile.  If they don't match it reports that it can't find
the file unless it finds it on that path on the local disk.

The paths match in the example above so it works just fine.
I've seen quite a few examples posted here where the path is
left out of the type 1 line or the 0 FILE line.  These don't
work for me.  I'm not sure if they were made manually or if
one of the MPD programs is the culprit.  Either way, I think
we should set down some real rules on this to clear it up.

Don