 CAD / Development / 7604
Re: Paths, explicit drive references, and the case of file names
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 20:29:35 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Steve Bliss wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dev, Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
And what about the case of file names? My MPD splitter
converts all the file names to lower case before the files
are created. I suspect that this technically is wrong.

I think you are correct - file name case should be preserved.

Okay. I have made that an option with the latest edition of
my MPD splitter:

    http://jacob.sparre.dk/Ada/mpd_files/#20020806

Here is my list of how software can handle this, in order from least
preferred to most preferred:

- Software doesn't think about paths - it allows them, works fine
  if they alread exist, crash if they don't.
- Software doesn't create new directories - it gives an error
  message if needed directories don't exist.
- Software automatically creates new directories as needed.
- Software prompts the user before creating new directories.
- Software provides options so the user can establish their
  preferences:  never create directories, always create directories,
  prompt before creating.

Except for the option of prompting before creating a
directory, I have implemented your most preferred solution.

Play well,

Jacob
--
Jacob's LEGO aircraft: