 CAD / Development / 1516
Re: lugnet.cad hierarhcy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 14:11:11 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:
Open questions:
1.  Is lugnet.cad.dat.* the best place to locate these new groups?

I'm inclined to say so, esp. since so much has been posted to this sub-tree
already.

2.  Should discussion be allowed or prevented in these groups?  That is,
    should follow-ups to postings be directed to a different group, namely
    either lugnet.cad or lugnet.cad.dev?  (See
       http://www.lugnet.com/news/display.cgi?lugnet.cad.dev:1343
    for reasons in support of allowing discussion in the groups.)

No, separate the discussions from these groups.  It's extremely frustrating
to find source when it's scattered amongst ten times more messages
discussing it, discussing realted threads, discussing off-topic threads,
flaming, etc.  If the followup-to were enforced, it'd be easier to find the
discussions related to the models, even if they were in a separate ng.

3.  Are URLs like
       http://www.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/
       http://www.lugnet.com/cad/dat/models/sets/
    tolerable and understandable?  Or is it best if /ldraw/ appears in
    there somewhere?

Someone noted over the weekend (1) that the .cad extension is not specific
to LDraw as an application; and as such, should not be associated
exclusively with it.

Cheers,
- jsproat

1.  An unreferenced paraphrase; I'm sorry I don't remember who said it.  :-(

"I prefer the term para-mental.  It keeps me out of the loony bin."

obconspiracy:  An angry representative of the candiru strives with
Miskatonic U. to make you change that channel, against the wishes of that
person over there, in order to keep you glued to your screen.