 CAD / Development / 1296
1295  |  1297
Subject:
Charter for newsgroup for ldraw.org
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 09:57:55 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, tcourtney@avenew.com (Tim Courtney) writes:
Finally, Tim (or anyone), what would you have as a charter for the ng?

I would set the charter at discussion of aspects of the site such as design
and content, legal rights, contributions, format, and the maintenance of it
in the future.  It can also be an area for people to ask questions if they
need help on the site (rather than emailing webmaster@ldraw.org, or
supplemental to such).  But this group would have to be kept to different
things as they relate to the site.  A good idea would be to have discussion
on software distribution from the site in the site's format, one of the
features I am strongly for but am not sure where individual program authors
stand on.

Obviously you can write that into an attractive concise little charter.
Its 11:06, and even though I usually go to bed at 12, I'm soooo tired since
I got 4 and a half hours of sleep last night. :)

How does this sound?--

   Focused discussion group for ldraw.org:  planning, site architecture,
   legal issues, contributions, maintenance, software distribution methods
   and formats, feedback, etc.

And a quick opinion poll -- a or b:

   a) lugnet.cad.org.ldraw
   b) lugnet.cad.dev.org