 CAD / Development / 1518
Re: lugnet.cad hierarhcy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 16:06:24 GMT

Sproaticus (jsproat@geocities.com) wrote:

2.  Should discussion be allowed or prevented in these groups?  That is,
    should follow-ups to postings be directed to a different group, namely
    either lugnet.cad or lugnet.cad.dev?  (See
       http://www.lugnet.com/news/display.cgi?lugnet.cad.dev:1343
    for reasons in support of allowing discussion in the groups.)

No, separate the discussions from these groups.  It's extremely frustrating
to find source when it's scattered amongst ten times more messages
discussing it, discussing realted threads, discussing off-topic threads,
flaming, etc.  If the followup-to were enforced, it'd be easier to find the
discussions related to the models, even if they were in a separate ng.

Even if Todd implemented a "DAT file only" view of each of
these groups on the web site?

Play well,

Jacob

--  E-mail:              sparre@cats.nbi.dk               --