 CAD / Development / 1570
Re: lugnet.cad hierarhcy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 20:05:49 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, isaksson.etuna@REMOVEebox.tninet.se (Anders Isaksson)
writes:
[...]
I see a newsgroup as a _discussion_ forum, not a model repository,
that should be taken care of in some other way.

Yup, I think that's the right idea*.  Models can be posted to the groups and
links can be made from outside the groups into the data inside the groups,
and that's how the true repository can be built.  At first glance, that
sounds kind of gross, but the beauty of it is that all the discussions,
follow-ups, and commentary are right there!  :)

--Todd

* Except for maybe the .db.inv group -- which is a temporary stopgap for
something bigger & better later which wouldn't be well-served by simply
linking & indexing the actual articles.