 CAD / Development / 1515
RE: "~moved to" files and parts.lst
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 13:59:36 GMT

Terry wrote:
I have noticed that many people have been using "~moved to"
files in modeling lately.  These files are there strictly
as a backwards compatibility measure, and really should not
be used in new modeling at all.
James would often delete "~moved to" files from new updates.
We have not done that yet, but it may conceivably be
necessary at some future time that we do so.

I was thinking that it might be a good idea to have
MKLIST.exe ignore all "~moved to" files by default.  That
would remove all those extraneous listings from LEdit's
parts.lst file.  Resulting (hopefully) in less usage of
those parts in new models.

I really doubt people choose a "~Moved to xxx.dat" part
when browsing in LEdit! Why should they? It doesn't have
a description, so how would you know what part it is?

If people are using "~Moved to" parts, it must be because
they thought they could remember the number, or were
looking at an old list or parts reference.

I can easily change mklist. I think that "~Moved to" parts
should be ignored by default, and optionally included.
But I don't think this will reduce the problem.
/Lars
BTW. All our "~Moved to" parts use a capital 'M' in "Moved".