 Basic / *120 (-100)
  Re: Designer series now available in the USA

(...) Not entirely sure where to post this. Copied a few groups, and FUT .basic... Of the new Designer Sets... (URL) ordered 4101, 4097, and 4099 last week and received them within two days (benefits of living relatively close to Enfield, CT). I (...) (21 years ago, 24-Mar-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.basic, lugnet.build, lugnet.year.2003)

  Re: Basic Commuter Jet

(...) (URL) (21 years ago, 21-Mar-03, to lugnet.basic)

  Small Tux.

Hi! I forgot about lugnet.basic when posting this: (URL) I figuered I add this here. It would have been more apropiate to set the Followup To to here but it's a tad late for that now I'm afraid... Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 21-Mar-03, to lugnet.basic)

  Re: Basic Commuter Jet

<snip> (...) I think that was the one with Dudley Moore and Daryl Hannah where he was an ad executive and somehow wound up in a looney bin, and the looney bin folks came up with clever slogans... "They're bosy, but they're good!" was an ad for (...) (21 years ago, 18-Mar-03, to lugnet.basic)

  Re: Basic Commuter Jet

(...) You'd have to be a crazy person not to like this MOC :) Adrian -- (URL) (21 years ago, 18-Mar-03, to lugnet.basic)

  Re: Basic Commuter Jet

(...) Mine's got over 310,000 miles on it, and it'll go a lot Moore! :-) Maggie C. (21 years ago, 18-Mar-03, to lugnet.basic)

  Re: Basic Commuter Jet

(...) Pick the movie: "They're boxy, but they're good!" ROSCO (21 years ago, 18-Mar-03, to lugnet.basic)

  Re: Basic Commuter Jet

(...) (snip (...) Pretty neat, considering it's predominantly brick. I really like that you put in the interior detail and made it true minifig scale. And big and boxy doesn't take anything away from the plane, you went pretty far with only bricks. (...) (21 years ago, 18-Mar-03, to lugnet.basic)

  Basic Commuter Jet

I've been searching through old albums at home... Way back in 1995, when I was emerging from my dark ages, a built a commuter jet out of bricks in my (predominantly basic) connection. Here are some pics: Loading passengers (gotta love those 20x10x1 (...) (21 years ago, 18-Mar-03, to lugnet.basic, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: Whatup .basic

Just saw this thread. (...) There was one Basic-ish Space set I can think of: (URL) mini-figs, and definitely not town. Cool set. (...) Gail Meagher (21 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.basic)

  Re: Whatup .basic

(...) If you are to be so hard on the definitions I don't think BASIC should have a theme at all! :) (...) Same goes with me, both facts! Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.basic)

  Re: Whatup .basic

"Tobbe Arnesson" <StPnAtM@lotek.nu> wrote in message news:HA6tsG.LsA@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) I did consider that one, but decided it isn't really my idea of "Basic". Personally, I think the true "basic" feel doesn't even have minifigs, (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.basic)

  Re: Whatup .basic

"Jon Palmer" <jon@zemi.net> wrote in message news:HA61D4.BMv@lugnet.com... (...) have (...) something (...) Hmm ... one of my Basic favorites is 725 - (URL) This set has a great selection of parts. I have managed to pick up two of them over the (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.basic)

  Re: Whatup .basic

(...) I suppose you don't consider <set:375> (or <set:6075> ) as BASIC? Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.basic)

  Re: Whatup .basic

"Hendo (John P. Henderson)" <hendo@valyance.com> wrote in message news:HA6347.Hzn@lugnet.com... (...) :) Doh. Forgot about that one. Now that is a good word too. Makes me think of useful parts and cool box art. (...) would (...) collection but I (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.basic)

  Re: Whatup .basic

(...) Don't forget "Universal", which was what it was called when I got my first one of these sets. I agree the word "Basic" was more... well... Basic. :) Excluding the 4017 and 3033 (which I view more as Bulk supplements), I would say my favorite (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.basic)

  Re: Whatup .basic

Me again. I would also like to mention that I like the word "Basic" much more than "Freestyle","Classic", or "Creator". Anyone else have a preferred word? [ j o n ] -- | Lego - (URL) Shipyard - (URL) Moonbase - (URL) Store - (URL) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.basic)

  Whatup .basic

Alright folks, I'm ready to get down with some basic talk. Any of you have a favorite set? I can't think of mine at the moment but I'm going to go browse the database in a bit and try to dig up the name and number of some of my childhood favorites. (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.basic)

  Re: Where is this part from

Hello, Thank you Scott S. It was the one without the axel hole. It was for the Galatic Starship 6893. Thank you for your quick response. Lars Gertsen - Denmark "Scott E. Sanburn" <ls_ses@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Gxyyu5.Luu@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.basic)

  Re: Where is this part from

Dan & All, (...) the Blockade Runner, which I doubt Lars has in his stash of old LEGO items (It would be nice, though! ; ) ). Maybe the other part without the axle hole is the one he is looking for, since there are a few older sets that have that (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.basic)

  Re: Where is this part from

(...) several sets found in the Peeron database: (URL) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.basic)

  Where is this part from

Hello, I have got hold om some old Lego with drawings. However I found a part (2 pcs) which was not on any picture. It was two 6 x 6 Octagonal Roof ((URL) white (2 pcs). Anybody know which set these are form? Lars Gertsen - denmark (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.basic)

  Re: legends/re-releases

(...) Oh my yes... Both of them rock! To have known then what I know now. (of course I would also have been well served to invest in a few other things that were cheap in 1985, but I digress) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.basic, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.town)

  Re: legends/re-releases

725 is an awesome basic set. Go look at it. It truly bore out the Lego promise of "just the right amount of special pieces to encourage special creations." It actually came with instructions for set-quality models. Notice how its pieces are (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.basic, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.town)

  Re: legends/re-releases

(...) I agree these sets are some of the best basic sets that were put out. I would also like to add 720 to the line-up. Another good source for parts, including 2 white "warehouse" doors and 4 red door "runners" for the doors. All in all, very (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.basic, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.town)

  legends/re-releases

Would anyone out there like to see sets 730 (red bricks w/ black roof slopes) & 725 (white bricks & red slopes) rereleased? I'd love to see 730 for the bricks, roof slopes, cabinet/refrigerator, & other great town elements. Set 725 allows cool (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.basic, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.town)

  LEGO Soft (Super Large Bricks) is BACK!

Yay! LEGO Soft is finally available again at S@H! The price is kinda high (US$230+), especially for only getting about 80 pieces, but it's MUCH better that the Mega Blocks crap we've had to deal with for many years. Also, there's a few too many (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.basic, lugnet.market.shopping)

  chicken almost entirely in bricks

See my little chicken at (URL). Cheers, Hao-yang Wang (23 years ago, 31-May-01, to lugnet.basic)

  Inventory of set 20 / 111 PLEASE

Lugnet says this set (Europe =20, Us =111) has 203 pieces. We have tried to go through the outside of the box and not got to 150. Has anyone got a list of what should be in it? Thanks Alison (23 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.basic)

  Online Ideas Page...

I've updated my page, and will be updating it multiple times today, I've decided to stick with the JPEG's for now, the GIF's turned out to be larger & slower loading. If a model has more then 10 steps it will get more then one page, with 10 steps (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.publish, lugnet.town, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.basic, lugnet.boats, lugnet.castle, lugnet.sports)

  New Online Ideas page!

I have started an online ideas page, with directions created with MLCAD. All ideas come with a full parts list, usually in order of use, and all pages are printable. To view this page go to: (URL) am also taking idea at shi_web@hotmail.com , and you (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.publish, lugnet.town, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.basic, lugnet.boats, lugnet.castle, lugnet.sports)

  Re: The new "creator" sets

I agree (to some extent). The "building trend" is good, but I still don't like the, uhm, "mediumfigs" :-) --Tobias (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jan-01, to lugnet.basic)

  Re: The new "creator" sets

(...) Come on, the new "minifigs" are probably a means to market the sets to younger children. I think this trend is great. In the recent years we've had the "juniorized" sets with focus on playing and less focus on building. This year sees the (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jan-01, to lugnet.basic)

  The new "creator" sets

It looks like the "creator" sets have replaced the BASIC/Freestyle/Classic line. What are your opinions on the new figures, Tina & Max (that's what they're called in Sweden)? I think that the selection of pieces in the sets looks nice (big bamboo (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jan-01, to lugnet.basic)

  Re: Part list for BASIC set 10 (non-US)/110 (US)

(...) I hate to be so vague but it was one of my first sets and it was mostly basic pieces. Some red 1x2x2 and 1x4x2 windows (I forget the exact number), red 1x1x2 bricks for the blue shutters, a 1x3x2 door (red frame/blue door), I think some wheels (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.basic)

  Part list for BASIC set 10 (non-US)/110 (US)

Does anyone know the parts that were in BASIC set 10/110, or know a place on the internet where I can find box/instruction(?) scans? Rick. (23 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.basic)

  Re: Possible buyout?

(...) Does this chitchat need to be posted to ALL These groups? Suggest you trim followups to the appropriate group. (In this case .space??) Thanks ++Lar (23 years ago, 17-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.basic, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.underground, lugnet.build)

  Re: Possible buyout?

(...) We'll Talk (23 years ago, 17-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.basic, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.underground, lugnet.build)

  Preview

A 11 sec. preview of the film BRAIN DAMAGE is now showing at (URL) film will be released by next friday Robert Lego Carnage Carnage Films (23 years ago, 17-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.basic, lugnet.technic, lugnet.underground, lugnet.build)

  Possible buyout?

Here is the things I want more info on: Hopper. The design looks neat. Can Griffon Industries buy it out from you? We need a dropship. And yours is da best. Griffon Industries 'All I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by...' Rick Hallman (23 years ago, 17-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.basic, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.underground, lugnet.build)

  Re: new site

(...) Soon (23 years ago, 17-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.basic, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.underground, lugnet.build)

  Re: new site

Looks nice. Do you have larger pictures of the tiger hawk and S24. They look neat. Brad Robert Thomas <nryche@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:G5oJvq.L9F@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.basic, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.underground, lugnet.build)

  Re: new site

OOPS.....No url Here it is: (URL) (23 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.basic, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.underground, lugnet.build)

  new site

Ok I got my site up today. Please have a look Besure to check out the films area. I know its a space theme but I am Posting everywhere for the films Robert Lego Carnage Carnage Films (23 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.basic, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.underground, lugnet.build)

  Re: Moving away / Losing interest in Lego :(

Hi Sergio, Mate when you are young things change very quick, you discover girls, cars, better games ect, but believe me in years to come you will remember the good times when you built things using your imagination or remember looking at some models (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.basic, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.underground, lugnet.western)

  Re: Moving away / Losing interest in Lego :(

(...) DO NOT SELL! DO NOT SELL! I was in your *EXACT* situation when I was 15. I had collected for a few years (this was 1983, so I had a nice bit of classic space) but had stopped playing with them about a year before the move. I packed them up and (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.basic, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.underground, lugnet.western)

  Re: Moving away / Losing interest in Lego :(

(...) I went through a brief "dark age" period from ages 10 to 12 and I'm not sure if I have completely come out of it yet (I am 14 now). I am absolutely crazy about the Technic and Mindstorms series, but have never really regained my interest in (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.basic, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.underground, lugnet.western)

  Re: Moving away / Losing interest in Lego :(

Could we consider trimming ALL the theme groups out of followups and slimming down to just .general? While this is interesting and posting to lots of themes gets lots of attention, setting proper followups is only polite. Thanks. FUT .general ++Lar (23 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.basic, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.underground, lugnet.western)

jonathan Lopes wrote in message ... (...) Definitely. Also, try another creative medium. When I was in my teens I gave up building Lego spaceships, and I began drawing spaceships and making plastic models of spaceships, then later I was making (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.basic, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.underground, lugnet.western)

  Re: Moving away / Losing interest in Lego :(

Sergio You have hit a stage in your life that I think most of us can identify with. I know for me it happened when I was a junior in high school. Lego seemed to fade into the background while I took part in high school activities and prepared for (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.basic, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.underground, lugnet.western)

  Re: Moving away / Losing interest in Lego :(

Sergio You have hit a stage in your life that I think most of us can identify with. I know for me it happened when I was a junior in high school. Lego seemed to fade into the background while I took part in high school activities and prepared for (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.basic, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.underground, lugnet.western)

  Re: Moving away / Losing interest in Lego :(

(...) Well, of course, as with anything else, if it makes you uncomfortable, don't do it. If you feel ok building on your own, keep doing so- I built stuff for a long time with no one really to share it with (while my friends all know I collect (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.basic, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.underground, lugnet.western)

  Re: Moving away / Losing interest in Lego :(

(...) I have to agree with this whole-heartedly.. My entire lego collection from when I was a kid ended up being sold off as part of one of our yard sales for a measly $5.. That's right, the entire lot, hundreds of dollars worth of classic space (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.basic, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.underground, lugnet.western)

  Re: Moving away / Losing interest in Lego :(

(...) Sergio! Don't jump! Please, come back in through the window and get off that ledge! It doesn't have to end this way! Look, we all care about you! Don't do this thing! Things will get better, it's going to be OK, just come back inside!! :^) (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.basic, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.underground, lugnet.western)

  Re: Moving away / Losing interest in Lego :(

(...) Johnathan and everybody else are absolutely right, Sergio. When I was young, my mom did a very wise thing: she made me promise never to get rid of my LEGO. Of course, *she* thought it was because I'd be passing it on to my kids someday. I (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.basic, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.underground, lugnet.western)

  Re: Moving away / Losing interest in Lego :(

(...) Hi Sergio! I guess I'll share my perspecive since I did go through a definate Dark Age. Although some AFOL's have never had a dark age, it does happen to a lot of us as we grow up that we start to get really busy in the hustle and bustle of (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.basic, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.underground, lugnet.western)

  Re: Moving away / Losing interest in Lego :(

As Shiri mentions, you may be entering a dark or dim ages. My suggestion would be to pack it all up neatly so as to present the least problem to yourself and your folks. Then hold on to it, resist the urge to sell it to get a few bucks, unless you (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.basic, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.underground, lugnet.western)

  Re: Moving away / Losing interest in Lego :(

(...) I have two things to say: 1. hold on to all of your lego, you will regret it if you don't. You will hit an age when you don't feel 'embarrassed' about it. 2. best of luck Jonathan (23 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.basic, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.underground, lugnet.western)

  Re: Moving away / Losing interest in Lego :(

(...) Sure! Sell me your stuff cheap (it has no REAL value to you anyhow :o) and then in 5 to 10 years lament the loss of all that lost ABS. Seriously, I am now 27 and lost my LEGO interest at about age 15 (at least in public) and only built one (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.basic, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.underground, lugnet.western)

  Re: Moving away / Losing interest in Lego :(

Hi Sergio, Maybe you're going through dark ages... maybe it's just a "dim" age, though. Or perhaps you have a builder's block. I personally slightly lost interest in lego for awhile (around 14-15), but sparked the interest again actually when we (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.basic, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.underground, lugnet.western)

  Moving away / Losing interest in Lego :(

Hi Lugnet users, I am moving next week and like Lego fans always do, they pack up their Lego. I am 15 years old and I have been actively collecting Lego since December 1996 up to now. But, I haven't even looked inside my cabinet since this summer, (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.basic, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.underground, lugnet.western) !

  Re: RoseArt Freestyle Puzzle

These have appeared in KB toys in recent years. They're in KB Toy Works now, and the Orlando LIC has them too. I haven't tried one myself. -Erik (23 years ago, 11-Dec-00, to lugnet.basic)

  RoseArt Freestyle Puzzle

Hey all, I was baby-sitting (= BS-ing, hehe) last night and found something of interest. The girls had a RoseArt puzzle with the LEGO and Freestyle logos on them. Turned out the puzzle pieces (interlocking, but bad quality) had designs that resemble (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-00, to lugnet.basic)

  Re: Picture of new set? Not in the Set DataBase - 2229

(...) Set number 2229 was released in 1998. Grahame (24 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.basic, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.admin.database)

  Picture of new set? Not in the Set DataBase - 2229

(...) (24 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.basic, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.admin.database)

  Picture of new set? Not in the Set DataBase - 2229

(...) (24 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.basic, lugnet.loc.au)

  New set? Not in the Set DataBase - 2229

Hello fellow Lugneters. I have looked through the set DB & can't find Basic set 2229 I found it today in a local store (Big W - Australia). It was selling for US$8.50. It is a small red bucket(18cm) with 3+(age group) pieces in it. It has mainly (...) (24 years ago, 23-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.basic, lugnet.loc.au)

  Sets 1962 and 1523

I have sets #1962 (not in the database) and #1523 (no picture), both NISB (boxes a bit squashed). I have scanned the boxes and made them available at the following address: (URL) (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.basic)

  Re: Old Lego

Just put a photo on my page: (URL) (24 years ago, 18-Oct-00, to lugnet.basic)

  Old Lego

Hi all, going through my parents' attic I found some of my dad's Lego. Lots of clear 2x1 and 2x2 plates that barely hold 'cause they're worn. But the interesting thing are clear boxes of 8x11x3 with lids (plates basically) light grey 8x11. Does (...) (24 years ago, 18-Oct-00, to lugnet.basic)

  Re: Reconstruction of 332, 333 and 335

Mark, I'm interested in those old text bricks...what would you look for in trade? Paul Sinasohn bearitone@my-deja.com (...) (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.basic, lugnet.town)

  Reconstruction of 332, 333 and 335

Hi, I am nearing completion of the reconstruction of some OLD large truck sets found by my friend Art, the Garage Sale King, in Palo Alto. He also found some old lighting bricks and a 101/100 or 112 blue train/motor set with track. I hope to bring (...) (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.basic, lugnet.town)

  R: 3033

This is the exact bricks distribution (not mine) (URL) ID:ciondolo Brickbay store: (URL) <Deadmaker7@aol.com> wrote in message Fzstno.L0A@lugnet.com... (...) Sounds (...) of (...) (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.basic, lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: 3033

(...) But I'm sure Eric Harshbarger could tell you exactly how many of which pieces come in that tub. He's only dealt with a couple of hundred of them :) Adrian -- (URL) (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.basic)

  Re: 3033

(...) The blue bucket, #3033, comes with 6 colors. Red, White, Blue, Yellow, Black, and Green. You get equal numbers and pieces of Red, White, Blue and Yellow, and then a smaller amount of Black and an even smaller amount of Green. The Pieces that (...) (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.basic)

  Re: 3033

(...) Sorry, I meant to post this to basic and SHOPPING, not SHIPPING! I just typed too fast. Sorry for the inconvenience! -dead (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.basic, lugnet.market.shipping)

  3033

I just found out about the #3033 tub, with 1200 pieces for about $20. Sounds like a really good bargain to me. But can anyone tell me roughly how many of which pieces the set contains? Like, is it mostly 1-wide or 2-wide bricks? What colors? Thanks! (...) (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.basic, lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Green hat?

(...) I'm quite sure the green hat has been in several freestyle sets, mostly buckets. You should be able to find one of them easily. Tim (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.basic)

  Re: Green hat?

(...) I got my green hat in <set:4138>, a 400-piece Freestyle set with a tote bag. Not much else special about the set though. Cheers, Heather Heather Patey Pirate Wench / Brick Detective St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.basic)

  Re: Green hat?

I have a bunch of them if you'd like to trade. (forwarded to market.buy-sell-trade) Cary "Bryan Wong" <green_paper@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:FyJypJ.IG3@lugnet.com... (...) a big (...) you can (...) and a (...) have (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.basic)

  Re: Green hat?

(...) I'm pretty sure that only ONE set came with a green wizard hat (#1194 I believe) which is a red table-like compartment with mostly basic bricks and a green baseplate on the top. I'm in Canada and the Toys R Us stores still have this set (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.basic)

  Green hat?

I saw a set once with a GREEN wisard hat, and the set was something like a big box of freestyle sets. Does anyone know if it is still available of if you can get the green hat set seperately? NICK #:^D (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.basic)

  Re: Bulk packs

(...) I don't think they ever said that they'll play requests. I think Brad J. did mention once or twice that they'll look at what we ask for, but I'm fairly certain he never promised to actually follow that feedback. Steve (24 years ago, 24-Jul-00, to lugnet.basic)

  Re: Bulk packs

(...) They do seem to have listened to requests when chosing the initial parts to make. This is off-topic in .basic, by the way (basic is for the discussion of basic bricks, etc.) so followup-to lugnet.general. (24 years ago, 24-Jul-00, to lugnet.basic, lugnet.general)

  Bulk packs

Do you think The Lego Company will make bulk castle walls if enough people send in a suggestion to do it or is the lego company lying about the "we make packs on customer requests"? NICK #:^\ (24 years ago, 24-Jul-00, to lugnet.basic)

  Re: 1910 and 1920

(...) There is a good pic of 1910 here: (URL) Have fun, John Please use ig88888888@aol.com or blondevp12@aol.com to reach me. Word to your mother. Whatever that means. (24 years ago, 2-Jul-00, to lugnet.basic)

  311 Basic Set how old?

Which year did the 311 come out in? (URL) A (24 years ago, 19-May-00, to lugnet.basic)

  Re: How about a BASIC building contest?

(...) Since I don't live in the US, I thought that a web based contest would be the best way to go. Sort of like the IRTC competition (www.irtc.org). People would take pictures of their model, if they like, also make DAT-files, renderings etc, write (...) (24 years ago, 4-May-00, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.build, lugnet.basic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Is BASIC gone for 2000?

Jacob Sparre Andersen <sparre@sys-323.risoe.dk> wrote in message news:FoFzLI.66C@lugnet.com... (...) gone, (...) I am confused. Does Basic=Classic? Or is Basic the larger group with Classic a subset of Basic? How have these terms changed over time? (...) (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.basic)

Tobias Möller <tobias.moller@telia.com> wrote in message news:FtwD94.FAL@lugnet.com... (...) but (...) and (...) you (...) imagination (...) Count me in. How would you like to structure it? Or do you just want to leave it open ? It would be/ will (...) (24 years ago, 2-May-00, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.build, lugnet.basic, lugnet.general)

  Re: How about a BASIC building contest?

Okay, I wrote this is build.contests a long time ago (er, well, 2 weeks) but no one seems to be interested. I therefore post it to build and general, and (off course) to basic: (...) build.contests (...) BASIC (...) it, (...) like (...) and (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.build, lugnet.basic, lugnet.general)

  Re: 1910 and 1920

(...) database... (...) Hi Todd I promise that will make a scan of the boxes today or tomorrow, tell me where to send it. No there is no name on the boxes but on the box I may read made in Switzerland in 1982 and this may explain also the booklet in (...) (24 years ago, 23-Feb-00, to lugnet.basic)

  Re: 1910 and 1920

(...) I've never heard of them, but would be happy to add them to the set database... do you have a camera or a scanner? Do the sets have names at all? --Todd (24 years ago, 23-Feb-00, to lugnet.basic)

  1910 and 1920

Hi I am living in Italy and I have found two MIB set that I have never heard about before : 1910 and 1920. These seems to be special basic universal set made only for the French, German and Italian market, the year is 1982. The 1910 has about 84 (...) (24 years ago, 23-Feb-00, to lugnet.basic)

  Re: Goodbye Basic Buckets in Canada

James B wrote in reply to Erin: (...) I've been on a tub and bucket hunt recently and there are almost none available. TRU has the 1200 piece brick tubs and some red buckets with vehicle pieces in as well as standard bricks, but none of the dept (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-00, to lugnet.basic, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Goodbye Basic Buckets in Canada

(...) I'm not sure about this...swung by the local TRU's last night, and all of them have restocked the classic buckets, classic boxes, and 1200 piece tubs in the post-Christmas stock recovery. This isn't a 'pull from the back' either, they're all (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.basic, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Goodbye Basic Buckets in Canada

I don't know if this is new or not....but... Today, my mom and I were shopping around for the Basic Buckets (400pc, 1000pc) we looked in ALL the stores that carry Lego and none of them had Basic Buckets!! So my mom asked this one sales lady to were (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.basic)

  Re: Need Parts for Basic set 720

No need to pay for high prices. Go to: (URL) are the prices: 2x2 Red Plate :0.10 USD 4x4 White Plate :0.70 USD 1x4 White Brick :0.06 USD 1x3 Gray Plate :0.30 USD 2x4 Blue Plate :0.50 USD 1x1 Gray Round Brick :0.20 USD 2x2 45 Degree Slope :Less then (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.basic)

  Re: Need Parts for Basic set 720

No need to pay for high prices. Go to: (URL) are the prices: 2x2 Red Plate :0.10 USD 4x4 White Plate :0.70 USD 1x4 White Brick :0.06 USD 1x3 Gray Plate :0.30 USD 2x4 Blue Plate :0.50 USD 1x1 Gray Round Brick :0.20 USD 2x2 45 Degree Slope :Less then (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.basic)

  Need Parts for Basic set 720

Hi all, I recently checked on an old 720 set of mine and found the following peices missing from the box. 2x2x1 Plate Red 2x2x3 45 Sloped 3x2x3 45 Sloped 4x4x1 Plate White 4x1X3 Beam White 3x1x1 Plate Grey 2of(4x2x1 Plate Blue 1x1x3 Round Grey I am (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.basic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact