 General / 25318
Re: Moving away / Losing interest in Lego :(
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.basic, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.underground, lugnet.western
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 04:16:13 GMT

In lugnet.general, Sergio Guerra writes:

I'm now also
even starting to feel embarrassed to fool with Lego in front of my friends,
who all still own Lego and liked Lego for as long as I have. Any thoughts on
this?

Well, of course, as with anything else, if it makes you uncomfortable, don't do
it.  If you feel ok building on your own, keep doing so- I built stuff for a
long time with no one really to share it with (while my friends all know I
collect LEGO, none of them are really interested in it, so to show them
something it better be danged impressive).

But if you're just losing interest in general, pack 'em up.  It's no big deal.

Any advice from you AFOLs? I would really appreciate it. Later.

I'm 27, and I went through a bit of a Dark Ages.  My biggest advice would be
this:  Under NO circumstances, whatsoever, let your LEGO go.  If there's one
thing I can almost guarantee, it's that there will come a day- 4 years, 10
years, 15 years down the road- when you'll want to break them out and start
building again.

But even if not that, look at it this way- one day, you'll probably have kids,
and LEGO is a great toy.  Your collection can become theirs if you never pick
them back up.

FUT lugnet.people

eric