 General / 25345
Re: Moving away / Losing interest in Lego :(
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 20:50:31 GMT

Jake McKee wrote:

Um...you were joking right?? Right??

Yes, I was. Your reply again reminded me that perception of humour is SO different in the U.S. and Europe. Of course it was a joke.
I am also thinking of the 6067 story as a joke, where someone wrote on ebay that this set was discontinued because it promoted
drinking. When I read that for the first time I actually LOLROTFL.... and I still think of it as VERY funny. Um, I guess I have been
the only one who thought of it as a joke.....

Arnold

Follow-ups to lugnet.off-topic

In lugnet.general, Arnold Staniczek writes:

Sergio,

don't listen to the folks that try to persuade you to keep all your sets - sell them at once and buy a couple of computer games.
Why? When you will be grown up, you will most probably rediscover Lego again and you will want to become a true AFOL. However, to
reach this advanced state of mind you have to suffer...... you can only become a true AFOL if you are going to buy all of your
childhood sets again for horrendous sums on ebay. Only then you will appreciate the true value of Lego...... so sell it now (best
would be to sell it ridiculously cheap, so you will suffer more later......), just reply to my e-mail address....

Arnold

Sergio Guerra <Vetkidz@aol.com> wrote

  Hi Lugnet users,

I am moving next week and like Lego fans always do, they pack up their Lego.
I am 15 years old and I have been actively collecting Lego since December
1996 up to now. But, I haven't even looked inside my cabinet since this
summer, I've been more interested in Nintendo lately. With this moving going
on and decreased interest in Lego these days, I don't know if I should even
put them back together. Maybe I will have renewed interest once I've
reassembled the sets, but I don't know if I will even have the motivation to
do that. Is this what's it's like to enter a <gasp> DARK AGE? I'm now also
even starting to feel embarrassed to fool with Lego in front of my friends,
who all still own Lego and liked Lego for as long as I have. Any thoughts on
this? Any advice from you AFOLs? I would really appreciate it. Later.

--==Sergio==--