 General / 25316
Re: Moving away / Losing interest in Lego :(
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.basic, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.underground, lugnet.western
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 02:47:08 GMT

1. hold on to all of your lego, you will regret it if you don't. You will
hit an age when you don't feel 'embarrassed' about it.

  I have to agree with this whole-heartedly.. My entire lego collection
from when I was a kid ended up being sold off as part of one of
our yard sales for a measly $5.. That's right, the entire lot, hundreds
of dollars worth of classic space stuff, gone for $5... all due to a
miscommunication in our family. I regretted it ever since.  But that
regret also spawned a new love for lego. I now own more than I
ever did back then, and even got my hands on some of that old
vintage stuff so I could have some of the same look and feel, while
mixing it in with all the really new cool stuff... Did I mention how
much I like Spaceport and new Mars stuff?? :)

--
-Bones-
= http://www.necrobones.com/        = NecroBones Enterprises
Jeff Johnston wrote in message <3A382CD4.D6E17CDE@mediaone.net>...

jonathan Lopes wrote:

In lugnet.general, Sergio Guerra writes:
Is this what's it's like to enter a <gasp> DARK AGE? I'm now also
even starting to feel embarrassed to fool with Lego in front of my • friends,
who all still own Lego and liked Lego for as long as I have. Any • thoughts on
this? Any advice from you AFOLs? I would really appreciate it. Later.

--==Sergio==--

I have two things to say:
1. hold on to all of your lego, you will regret it if you don't. You will
hit an age when you don't feel 'embarrassed' about it.
2. best of luck

Johnathan and everybody else are absolutely right, Sergio.  When I was • young,
my mom did a very wise thing: she made me promise never to get rid of my
LEGO.  Of course, *she* thought it was because I'd be passing it on to my
kids someday.

I know the idea of kids is far off for you, but take my mom's advice. Even • if
you never get back into LEGO again, there will come a day when someone you
care about is of an age to enjoy it - and you'll have it there to pass it • on to
them.

Or, if you're like many of us, you'll have it there to play with yourself.
;)