 Basic / 110
Re: Whatup .basic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.basic
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 07:07:27 GMT

In lugnet.basic, Jon Palmer writes:
"Tobbe Arnesson" <StPnAtM@lotek.nu> wrote in message
news:HA6tsG.LsA@lugnet.com...
You know this brings up another interesting topic.  Just about all Basic
sets have been town oriented.  It would have been interesting if we could
have gotten some Castle or Space themed Basic sets.  True that there is • the
565 Moon Landing..I consider that to be Basic-ish, but it's not really
sci-fi or fantasy.

I suppose you don't consider <set:375> (or <set:6075> ) as BASIC?

I did consider that one, but decided it isn't really my idea of "Basic".
Personally, I think the true "basic" feel doesn't even have minifigs,
although many basic sets include them.

If you are to be so hard on the definitions I don't think BASIC should have a
theme at all! :)

But then again I was only born in 78, so I'm by no means the authority on
this.

Same goes with me, both facts!

Best regards,
/Tobbe