 Basic / 26
Re: Goodbye Basic Buckets in Canada
Newsgroups:
lugnet.basic, lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Sat, 5 Feb 2000 03:44:14 GMT

James B wrote in reply to Erin:
I'm not sure about this...swung by the local TRU's last night, and all of them
have restocked the classic buckets, classic boxes, and 1200 piece tubs in the
post-Christmas stock recovery.  This isn't a 'pull from the back' either,
they're all shiny new, and at least 10 units of each.

I've been on a tub and bucket hunt recently and there are almost none
available. TRU has the 1200 piece brick tubs and some red buckets with
vehicle pieces in as well as standard bricks, but none of the dept
stores have ANY tubs or buckets at all. Canadian Superstore has a
classic box which has vehicle parts in - can't rememeber the #.

Still, this is normal for the time of year, it happened last year too.
After a few months the tubs and buckets reappeared, gradually sold out,
and then a few months before Xmas we got a whole lot of new ones. Many
of the tubs/buckets/value packs seem to be specific to a single retailer
chain so they would not be in the overall retailer catalog.

Kevin

--
Email: kwilson_tccs@compuserve.com
Web page: