 Announcements / 546 (-100)
  Visit Kyle's Universe of Lego today!

You KNOW YOU WANT to (URL) Universe of Lego is a wonderful, easy to navigate, site mostly on space lego. It is also home to Keppler Industries (my model repository), the leader in modern space technology. Some of you may recognize my address from (...) (24 years ago, 11-Apr-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce)

  New newsgroups for LEGO Direct and the LEGO Company

Tonight there is a new newsgroup area on LUGNET dedicated to discussions about LEGO as a company and to being an "online communication-to-LEGO channel." It is starting out small, with the option to grow it as needed over the coming months/years. (A (...) (24 years ago, 11-Apr-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego, lugnet.lego.direct) !!

  Kyle's Universe of Lego (hifiki.tripod.com)

(URL) Universe of Lego is a wonderful, easy to navigate, site mostly on space lego. It is also home to Keppler Industries (my model reposity), the leader in modern space technology. Some of you may recognize my address from the lego maniacs search (...) (24 years ago, 11-Apr-00, to lugnet.announce)

  LUGNET streaming news client in Java 2

Hey all, I've just uploaded a streaming news client for LUGNET, which I've written in Java 2 (JDK 1.2). It doesn't use any external Java classes! :-, It's downloadable from: (URL) run it with JDK 1.2, type: java -jar table_streaming_news.jar The (...) (24 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.announce)

  LBFR Updates

Some more changes to the LBFR website for your perusal. They are: - New pictures of most apparatus (courtesy of Bram Lambrecht's highway.pov files) - Squad 22 added (should be of interest to sixby fans too :-) - DAT files removed, to be replaced by (...) (24 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.town)

  Acronym FAQ V1.3

Hi, This is the third update of the Acronym FAQ. If you're looking for an acronym mentioned on lugnet and can't find it here, try this: *Reading a bit of the context - often a spur-of-the-moment acronym will be mentioned in full version a few (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.faq) !!

  Brickfan is Open!

Hi all, After many months of building stock and planning I am pleased to announce the opening of my new Lego sales Website, Brickfan. see it at (URL) has many sets from every theme. Brickfan has only rare, discontinued, or hard to find sets all (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.announce)

  MOTM April

Just a quick note to announce the latest Model of the Month: Tom McDonald's Hangar 33. Take a look at: (URL) timcourtne ICQ: 23951114 (24 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw) !

  New limited edition (custom) Castle sets!

This is a formal announcement that the first in series of my own model kits is now for sale. It is a 600+ piece Castle (or even Pirate) theme Blacksmith Shop, which comes completely packaged and with full-color building instructions. Highlights of (...) (25 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shopping) !!

  Announcing The Guild of Bricksmiths(tm)

-- guild hq, dateline 31/03/2000 -- Today, on 31 March 2000, we, the undersigned, are pleased to publicly announce the formation and existence of -- THE GUILD OF BRICKSMITHS(tm) -- The Guild is a band of LEGO Fans who have become concerned at the (...) (25 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade) !!

  east coast brickfest...

...There will be many more announcements of this, but just in case u hadn't stumbled across it, I figured I'd make a lugnet.announcement of it! ...WAMALUG is attempting to put together a brickfest weekend of fun and bricks in Washington DC (nice and (...) (25 years ago, 30-Mar-00, to lugnet.announce)

  Brickshelf Gallery v. 0.7 (beta)

Release 0.7 is now online. Version 0.7 is a halfway done hack of the version that was supposed to include the Edit function, so the Edit link is there but doesn't do much. The reason I released it is that I added the "set icon" feature that let's (...) (25 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.announce) !

  New newsgroup for LEGOLAND Deutschland

Christian Gemünden of Germany noted that LEGO has announced the official name for its fourth LEGOLAND theme park: (URL) following is an update to a message posted many months ago... --Todd (...) New: lugnet.legoland.deutschland (group): LEGOLAND® (...) (25 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.legoland, lugnet.legoland.deutschland, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.de.by.mue, lugnet.announce)

  New feature: Article rating

LUGNET's article rating system is now running and hungry for input! As the community continues to grow, so does the challenge in keeping up. Some days it can be difficult to find exciting content among the hundreds of new messages. To aid browsing, (...) (25 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce) !!

  Its that time of month again...

Its nearing that time when we all go to the polls and vote for our favorite Lego renderings. So mosey on down to ldraw.org and cast your vote - there's some high stakes this month! (URL) am going away for a week leaving tomorrow, but I'll try to get (...) (25 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Target-exclusive Legoland sweepstakes

While browsing the LEGO aisle at Target last night, I encountered a sweepstakes entry form and box on an endcap. The sweepstakes runs from March 19 thru April 1, is a Target exclusive, and the grand prize is a trip for 4 to Legoland California. (...) (25 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Lego in Boulder Daily Camera

There was a quick mention of a line-following robot in the local newspaper, the Boulder Daily Camera. I saw the thread come up in .robotics so I thought I would post the article here for all to read. (URL) (25 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.announce)

  New ldraw.org Feature Article

Greetings I just added a new Feature Article to ldraw.org. Here Jonathan Knudsen, author of The Unofficial Guide to LEGO MINDSTORMS Robots, explains his techniques for designing building instructions using LDraw, MLCad, L3P, and POV-Ray. Check it (...) (25 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Notice of Price Changes in Factoring Service

Please go here to read about some changes in pricing effective April Fool's day. (URL) that this is the "public name" of my factoring form. That should ensure that anyone who goes to it to do a request will see the notice. I am not saying what the (...) (25 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.services, lugnet.announce)

  LDraw Add-On 2.1.2 Now Available

[follow-ups set to lugnet.cad] The new version of LDraw Add-On (LDAO) is now available. This is version 2.1.2. There have been a number of changes since the last 'official' release, which was version 2.0.3. Including a number of major bug fixes. If (...) (25 years ago, 20-Mar-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad)

  L3Lab Downloadable at ldraw.org

Just a quick note to say I've uploaded the L3Lab files, so you can get it from ldraw.org now. (URL) Courtney ldraw.org Project Coordinator (URL) timcourtne ICQ: 23951114 (25 years ago, 19-Mar-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  New group lugnet.market.appraisal

A new newsgroup lugnet.market.appraisal has just been created. CHARTER/PURPOSE ===...=== lugnet.market.* (hierarchy): Auctioning, buying, selling, trading, exchanging, and shopping for LEGO® products -> lugnet.market.appraisal (group): Appraisals, (...) (25 years ago, 19-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.appraisal, lugnet.announce)

  Re: Search button

(...) Now just a quick "heads up" on a slight interface subtraction -- (...) This was based on outdated information. Although the LUGNET server still has to take into account bugs like this in old versions of MSIE, recent versions do not appear to (...) (25 years ago, 18-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce)

  Introducing NALUG!

Introducing NALUG, the Northern Alberta Lego Users Group! About a year ago, Chris Gray and I got together and organized a meeting of all the local AFOL's we could find, and it worked out quite well - you can see the results here: (URL) Everyone had (...) (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.ab, lugnet.loc.ca.ab.edm)

  more drafting paper...

...Well, I dont like it as much as my previous papers, but I scratched up a new sheet of Project paper. This time its got 3 views: overhead, front and side. And now that I've got it, it is kinda useful (tho I could only do 20x20 grids and make it (...) (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.announce)

  Search button

Just a quick "heads up" on a slight interface addition -- We need to add a clickable "Search" button next to the newsgroup search boxes at the top of most pages, due to a forms bug in Microsoft Internet Explorer (and possibly other Netscape clones). (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce)

  announcing Jain's Guide

Jain's Guide ((URL) the premier guide to the fighting men, women and equipment of the sector is looking for reporters and photographers to submit stories and photos of the equipment and mecha used throughout the sector. ...Have you ever dreamed of (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.mecha)

  New dat viewer survey

I have a small survey on marsbase to find out what .dat file viewers are being used. Check it out at: (URL) Vaughan ben@marsbase.com (URL) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.announce)

  Lego Maniac's Webring turns 3!

Greetings Just thought I'd drop a quick note saying that today is the Lego Maniac's Webring's 3rd birthday. The ring has over 160 sites and still experiences steady growth. The URL for the ring homepage is: (URL) timcourtne ICQ: 23951114 (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org)

  Fun goodies for your browser's toolbar

If your web browser has a "personal toolbar" (sometimes also called a "links bar") and supports JavaScript, here are some goodies you can add as browser hot-buttons to make your life easier. Installation takes about 5 minutes -- and once it's (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general)

  About lugnet.admin.council

First, my apologies for starting something which has led to a fair amount of confusion, dismay, and in some cases hurt feelings in the community. One person has even voluntarily left the community because of it. This calls for a brief "reset" and a (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.council, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce)

  drafting paper

...I just posted some drafting paper I made to LEGO scale in Corel Draw to the brickshelf gallery (warning: they are PDF files and are huge downloads!) Use and enjoy :-) (URL) can go back to ignoring me now... wubwub stephen f roberts wildlink.com (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.announce)

  WAMALUG pics from Mar 12th meeting

Hey all - I just put up the pics from today's WAMALUG [1] meeting... No trains today (except Kevin's metroliner (doh! no pics of that!) and Rich's Blue station)... But we did have some castle stuff, some iceplanet and a pirate ship :) Also, our (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.publish, lugnet.announce, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space)

  New newsgroup lugnet.admin.terms

A new newsgroup lugnet.admin.terms has just been created for discussions, questions, and issues relating to the LUGNET Terms of Use Agreement, (URL) the surface, it seems kind of silly to have a whole newsgroup/mailing list devoted just to a (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: Cleaning up the main homepage

(An update on an earlier announcement 2 days ago...) (...) The original list above was adjusted downwards to simply the lugnet.admin and lugnet.off-topic subtrees. (In other words, lugnet.market.auction and lugnet.market.jambalaya are included again (...) (25 years ago, 12-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce)

  .datFest Update

Greetings Just thought I'd give a little update on 'progress' on .datFest. In reality, there hasn't been any. The last place I talked to for sponsorship/hosting was the Boston Museum of Science. The good news is they said they would look into it, (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.datfest, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Cleaning up the main homepage

All, I've been up most of the night tonight recoding and retesting the code on the server which displays lists of messages, in particular the root home page (URL), which gives a top-level overview of current activity in the system. Recent off-topic (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce)

  New LEGO® Brick Store Website Now Open!

Hello Everyone! Just a quick note to let everyone know that my new Website is now up and running! Troy's LEGO® Brick Store is available at: (URL) store stocks numerous LEGO® items in quantity and offers them for direct sale to you at reasonable (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Lego Mindstorms (and me) at IBM's "barcode" party tomorrow

Hey people in the Boston area: IBM's developerWorks is having a "barCode" party at Jillian's tomorrow night. The main attraction is Miguel de Icaza (of GNOME fame), but there's also gonna be Lego Mindstorms there to play with and look at. (URL) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos)

  New groups lugnet.castle.org & lugnet.castle.org.cw

New group/lists lugnet.castle.org and lugnet.castle.org.cw have just been created for the discussion of Castle organizations and, in particular, the recently emerging Castle World site. The .castle.org group is probably not likely to get much (if (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  LUGNET Terms of Use clarification

The LUGNET Terms of Use document, (URL) changed slightly and is now a little bit clearer regarding the posting of auctions. This is not a change in site policy but a clarification of existing site policy. (You do not need to re-accept new terms.) (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce)

  ANNOUNCE: LEGO::RCX 0.9 (old Lego::RCX );

All I would like to announce the release of version 0.9 of LEGO::RCX.pm. This perl module allows you to communicate with your RCX. It has been developed and tested under Linux, though it most likely will run under other UNIX's. To find out more (...) (25 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.announce)

  Castle Survey Results!

After 43 replies to the survey (one or two via email) and many wisecracks about the male question... finally, the wait is over - results are in. The questions were: 1. Do you have 375, the Yellow Castle? 2. Are you a male? 3. Are you over 18? 4. (...) (25 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce)

  March MOTM Winner

Greetings I'm proud to announce this month's winner for the ldraw.org MOTM is Pat Justison. Check it out at: (URL) sorry for the delay. -Tim Courtney ldraw.org Project Coordinator (URL) timcourtne ICQ: 23951114 (25 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Ross Young's Fantasy page

just a head's up about a page i hadn't seen before ross has two truly incredible castle constructions (palace and tree house) check 'em out! (URL) g (25 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.castle)

  Castle World - a new site.

Hey! Castle World has a new location. I think it's more user friendly, but comments are always welcome. The old page will be around for a little bit, but will mostly act as a link. Check it out at (URL) useful features on the new site: 1) Search (...) (25 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general)

  Several New Buildings added to my Site...

Well I have finally gotten around to updating my Castle pages again. (URL) have added the following structures... 1. Right now this is just a generic building for my town although I do like it quite a bit. This building came about mostly because I (...) (25 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Silicon Valley techies taken with kids' toy

(Forwarding to a few more groups -- this needs more visibility! :) Way to go, Tom!!! --Todd (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Eiffel Tower

New picture of my Eiffel Tower using basic bricks: (URL) sign my guestbook if you enjoy it. All comments welcome. (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.announce)

  New newsgroup lugnet.market.services

A new newsgroup lugnet.market.services has just been created for the discussion of third-party market services. CHARTER/PURPOSE ===...=== lugnet.market.* (hierarchy): Auctioning, buying, selling, trading, exchanging, and shopping for LEGO® products (...) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.services)

  Re: Factoring going off line for a while

(...) OK, we have moved. I have the Gateway set back up. However, I have some mail challenges. The Dell laptop where I do all my mail picked (well, Murphy did the picking) the worst possible time to act up. It's throwing blue screens of death (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  CONTEST: First Guelph LEGO(TM) Robot Competition

The Computer Science Club of the University of Guelph is pleased to announce its first LEGO(TM) Robotics Competition. Any and all enthusiasts are invited. The contest is to be held in conjunction with the University's annual College Royal(TM) open (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.announce)

  PRESS RELEASE- Lego says 1999 sales rise 25 pct

Howdy- I know this information is three days old, but I did not see it posted or mentioned anywhere on Lugnet. This first part of my message, is a Reuters new article (summary) about the official Lego® press release which is also listed at the end (...) (25 years ago, 25-Feb-00, to lugnet.announce)

  James Jessiman Photos

Greetings I recently received photographs of James Jessiman from his parents in Australia. I have placed one on the main memorial page here: (URL) there are others, not linked to by the site, at: (URL) below I've typed out the letter his parents (...) (25 years ago, 24-Feb-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.people)

  Date & Time? (Re: LUGOLA proposal)

Hi LA area (including OC and nearby places) LEGO fans It looks like there's a good number of us and therefore could probably make for a fun get together. So let's start planning. I suppose weekends are prime times. How about the first weekend of (...) (25 years ago, 23-Feb-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.announce)

  Announcing the 'Vancouver Lego Club' (VLC)

February 22, 2000 Greetings and salutations fellow Lego enthusiasts. We are pleased to announce the birth of the Vancouver (BC, Canada) Lego Club. During the past several years our own Lego Hobby blossomed and continues to escalate in new and (...) (25 years ago, 23-Feb-00, to lugnet.loc.ca.bc, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org)

  Factoring going off line for a while

Important announcement regarding factoring... I have just processed a big batch of factor requests. I am about to pack the office, so this service that dozens, if not hundreds, of people, have used is about to go off the air for a little while, (...) (25 years ago, 23-Feb-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  I've added feedback!

I have added a model rating feature to my website at (URL) . Alan This message's random set is: 6572, (URL) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.announce)

  New banner program at the Lego Gif

For anyone who is interested, I have started a banner ad program on my site (URL) Anybody who wants to can submit one banner (for now) under 15K at the standard 468 x 60 pixels size. Check out my site for details! Regards, -Chris- (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.announce)

  New group lugnet.admin.council

All, A new group lugnet.admin.council has just been created for the consideration, deliberation, and reconciliation of delicate administrative issues. Examples include: - Terms-of-Use transgressions (for example, gratuitous use of profanity, (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.council)

  Lego in the newspaper

Today's (2-19-00) Close to Home comic strip featured Lego as its inspiration. All of us should be able to relate. And on Feb 15, I found an AP photo of Alexi Lalas in a victory pose after scoring a goal in a Lego Soccer match at the NY Toy fair. I'm (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.announce)

  My webpage is up!

I have put up a webpage for my LEGO creations. See it at: (URL) . (Todd, is my link to your background page acceptable? If not, I'll change it.) Alan This message's random set is: 1959, (URL) (25 years ago, 19-Feb-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish, lugnet.general)

  New pics on Marsbase

I've updated the Ronin mech on site. There are lots of POV renderings now, along with some descriptive ramblings. Beware, the images in the gallery are 300k+ LMKWYT. Ben -- ===...=== Ben Vaughan buster@marsbase.com (URL) few, the proud...the (...) (25 years ago, 19-Feb-00, to lugnet.announce)

  LUGOLA proposal

Hello fellow LA area LEGO fans I'd like to propose the formation of LUGOLA (LEGO User Group of LA). It'd be a chance to meet local freaks and share creations, cause let me tell ya, seeing LEGO in real life is better than looking at photographs. And (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Jessiman Family in Europe

Greetings Don and Robyn Jessiman, parents of the late James Jessiman, are travelling to Europe tomorrow. They would like to see if they can meet people in the Lego/LDraw community who live in the UK, Ireland, and Germany on this trip. Since they do (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.ie, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.announce, lugnet.people)

  Folks, we are not playing well

I'm probably going to regret this post. So be it... Some of you may be aware of a variety of bad stuff brewing over misplaced, or possibly misplaced, auction and trade posts. There has been a lot of discussion about how some people might be so (...) (25 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.theory)

  Max's Motorhome

Max is like my Dad... if there's something he wants and it isn't on the market, then he'll build it himself. This is one example of Max's latest work. He call's it the "Locomoto". It started as an old train that he bought from his neighbor. Then (...) (25 years ago, 15-Feb-00, to lugnet.announce)

  PRESS RELEASE- LEGO Company Replaces SAP R/3 System With Internet-Enabled Oracle

Howdy Gang- Very interesting press release from Oracle, and I quote: "The new e-business enterprise suite will enable LEGO Company to transform into an e-business, allowing administrative tasks in connection with sales, receipt of orders, (...) (25 years ago, 15-Feb-00, to lugnet.announce)

  ldraw.org off-line for three hours Tuesday morning

Due to a planned power cut at Risø tomorrow, Tuesday, ldraw.org will be off-line 7am-10am Danish time. Play well, Jacob ---...--- -- E-mail: sparre@nbi.dk -- -- Web...: <URL: (URL) > -- ---...--- (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Lego Beach's Newest Acquisition

The Lego Beach Fire and Rescue Service is pleased to announce another acquisition. Our newest piece of equipment is a 1991 Hess Firefighting Apparatus Commercial Tanker. The new Engine Forty Two can be seen at the following URL: (URL) the (...) (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.general)

  PRESS RELEASE- LEGO Company's New Product Assortment 'Kicks';

Also old news, but I guess soccer is the big push this year..... Happy Reading, Chet ---...--- LEGO Company's New Product Assortment 'Kicks'; -- Featuring the New LEGO Soccer Build-And-Play And Innovative High-Tech Offerings ENFIELD, (...) (25 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.announce)

  PRESS RELEASE- LEGO Media Announces New Products for 2000

Howdy All- This press release is a few days old, but nobody else posted it (that I could find). The only think news worthy, is a Knights' Kingdom CD for the Creator software. Happy Reading! Chet ---...--- LEGO Media Announces New Products for 2000 (...) (25 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.announce)

  New wallpaper scene and customizable POV file

I've finished a new scene. The models used have all been published before, but the focus is on the landscape. I've written the POV file so as to make the landscape very easy to customize. Feel free to use it, but please give credit. (URL) because of (...) (25 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.general)

  STL2DAT Download Page and Runtime Error 200 Fix

I've added the STL2DAT download page to ldraw.org at: (URL) also placed the long awaited Runtime Error 200 Fix on the Get Started page: (URL) this will save headaches from new users. -Tim (URL) timcourtne ICQ: 23951114 (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  L3Lab - yet another LDraw viewer

As you may know I have been cooking on this L3 program for more than two years now (not that this tells anything about its size and quality ;-) However, I believe L3 now has so many useful features that many of you (especially part authors) also (...) (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  PRESS RELEASE- LEGO Company Posts 17% Increase in 1999 U.S. Consumer Sales

Howdy All- I had not seen anybody else post this since it came out yesterday, so here goes.... Another Lego® press release, and some feature points: -17% sales increase in the USA -LEGO® digital camera for Mindstorm® and more Enjoy, Chet PRESS (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.announce)

  Acronym FAQ posted!

Ever wonder what a MOC means? Wondered why SNOTs are annoying, and POOPs are hated by many AFOLs? If a BURP is more than just impoliteness? If a SPUD is more than a potato, and a KABOB more than a piece of meat? Why the annoying girls that sing "No (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.announce)

  dino-craigo-lego

hi, y'all! it's not just about custom mini-figs anymore... (URL) later ~ craig~ (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.announce)

  New "knight's kingdom" feature on lego.com

Hi Castle fans, Well, lego.com added a new castle section with detailed "stories" about the Knight's Kingdom sets/characters. It's in the middle "circle", you can't miss it... (Note - I wouldn't have seen this if I wasn't baby-sitting 5 y/o twins, (...) (25 years ago, 5-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce)

  New newsgroups: Architecture, Contests, Mecha, and Minifigs (subgroups of lugnet.build)

Four new focused sub-groups of lugnet.build have just been created. CHARTER/PURPOSE ===...=== lugnet.build (group and hierarchy): Good old-fashioned building discussions: creations, modeling ideas and techniques, tips & tricks, insights, custom (...) (25 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.admin.general)

  February MOTM Winner

I'm proud to announce the MOTM winner for this month is Bram Lambrecht with his Pentapterigoid Fighter. Check it out at: (URL) Courtney ldraw.org Project Coordinator (URL) timcourtne ICQ: 23951114 (25 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Auld Dragon's Legotaku Lair Updated

Hello Everyone! I added a couple items to my website, so please check them out. :) The Link is at the end of the message. New Stuff: ~The History of Dragonia This page is a quick rundown on what has happend over the last 1000 years in the lands that (...) (25 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Lion's Cove Update

Hi, I've added a big part to my Lion's Cove Teasers on my page. (At least, big compared to what I had up till now ;-) Here it is: (URL) Tell me what you think! -Shiri (URL) (25 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce)

  New LEGO Outlets are coming

New LEGO outlets are opening in: San Fransisco, California New York City, New York Honolulu(?), Hawaii Chicago, Illinois I also know someone working on the new Dolphin Mall and Theme Park in Miami and, according to him, LEGO is among many companies (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.announce)

  Pixelego Application (v1) available

Folks, Woohoo! I met my self-imposed deadline. The initial version of my Pixelego application is available for free download. This Java (1.1.7) application allows you to generate pictures that appear to have been constructed out of LEGO (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad)

  BATR - Toy of the Century

Take a look at this from the British Association of Toy Retailers “Toy of the Century Award” You can vote for Lego, but its already winning as you would expect. (URL) Walton Email: d.walton@ndirect.co.uk Take a look at my homepage (still under (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.announce)

  100,000th Message

This is the 100,000'th message on LUGNET! Congratulations! KL (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.announce)

  (canceled)

  [CW] - Castle World Online!

The framework for Castle World is up: (URL) there will be mad changes for a little bit (adding, referencing, etc), but the hard part is over with. Browse around and express your opinion. Special thanks to Craig Hamilton for helping me co-design this (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce)

  Pixelego Viewer available

Hi all, As a preamble to a much more involved LEGO-like tool that I am working on, I thought I'd going ahead and make the following applet available: Pixelego Viewer (URL) just go to (URL) and follow the links). This applet is freely available for (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general)

  February MOTM Voting online

The voting for the February ldraw.org Model of the Month competition is now online! Please stop by and vote on your favorite model. (URL) timcourtne ICQ: 23951114 (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: NQC 2.1 b3 released

Linux builds of NQC are now available in tar.gz and RPM format at: <URL://www.mattdm.or...orms/nqc/> including the new 2.1.b3, as well as the stable 2.0.2 release and some docs packaged nicely. To the best of my knowledge, these binaries work (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Rare Magenta Goblets donated to Minifig Museum of Art

An anonymous donor has given the Minifig Museum of Modern Art five magenta goblets. I have posted a picture of these goblets on the entry page to my minifig art site. To see these goblets, visit: www.minifigmuseum.fr...ervers.com The freeservers (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.announce)

  Lutz Uhlmann's New URL

Greetings Lutz just emailed me and asked me to post information regarding his new url at his own domain: (URL) also says, "Anyway, my page now has moved officially and is up to date with an new LGEO package (adding 69 new parts) and the latest parts (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.people)

  DixieLUG pictures

Well, even though our official pictures are still not in, we thought that you might get a kick out of a few DixieLUG teasers: (URL) am inspired to build a huge penguin now ... -- pn (25 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.dixielug, lugnet.announce)

  Finally, I have a page!

Hi everyone, I finally have a page! Meanwhile, it contains only castle minifig MOCs. Buildings will come soon (once I build them :-) (URL) is just a beginning, I have more pics just waiting for appropriate captions and s'more time... Tell me what (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce)

  Castle World - the new fan-created site in progress

Hi everyone! (You might have seen this already - you might not have. Depends if you read .castle regularly...) For the past few days, a new idea submerged (by Pawel) and immediately gained acceleration (translation of phrases might be off here, (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jan-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  LDLite Download Page Online!

Since Paul Gyugyi's site crashed some time ago, LDLite has not been available on the web for download. Paul and I exchanged some email about a week ago and we set up the LDLite download page on ldraw.org, to make it available once again. The page is (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Dark Gray Tanker

Here is my first attempt at a train car MOC. It uses only pieces from the Sith Infiltrator plus a few other commons. Forgive the crude page. I just wanted to post the image. I may get some more up later this weekend. (URL) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.announce)

  Looking for Corporate Sponsors for .datFest

At this stage of planning .datFest, it is critical to find some way of financing the event. If you know of a company which works with CAD or a university taht does the same that might be interested in sponsoring .datFest, please let me know. At this (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.datfest)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact