 Announcements / 541
540  |  542
Subject:
Acronym FAQ V1.3
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.faq
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 00:46:29 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi,

This is the third update of the Acronym FAQ.

If you're looking for an acronym mentioned on lugnet and can't find it here,
try this:
*Reading a bit of the context - often a spur-of-the-moment acronym will be
mentioned in full version a few sentences earlier. (Also, often the acronym is
shorthand for writing a set name over and over.)
*look in other, non-lego related acronym databases (sorry, I have no link!)
*Ask in lugnet.faq, or as a reply to the post that introduced the acronym...
you'll find very helpful people 99.9% of the time!

Oh, and if you see an acronym that you think is widespread enough on lugnet
that it should appear here - drop me a line!

Enjoy!

-Shiri

AFAIK: As Far As I Know.
AFOL: Adult Fan Of LEGO.
ASAP: As Soon As Possible.
BK: Black Knights, a Castle subtheme.
BOGO: Buy One Get One __  (usually with some percentage off, sometimes also
   free).
BSB: Black Seas Barracuda, 6285.
BT: BlacktTron, a Space subtheme - the evil ones with the black visors. Also
   BT1.
BT1: See BT.
BT2: BlackTron (the future generation), a Space subtheme - the antifreeze-
   green ones.
BTW: By The Way.
BURP: Big Ugly Rock Piece - either of the large gray/dark-gray mountain pieces.
BURPMAN: Big Ugly Rock Person Made Annoyingly Nonmobile - refers to the Rock
   Raiders’ monster.
BV: BelVille.
CLSotW or CLSOTW: Cool Lego Site Of The Week.
CP: Cross-Posted [to a another lugnet newsgroup].
CRAPP: Crummy Ramp And Pit Plate - the baseplate with a ramp and pit.
CW: Castle World - a fan-created world with creations, characters and stories
   about Lego castle.
DFD: Deep Freeze Defender, 6973.
DM: Dragon Masters - a Castle subtheme; or Deutsche Marks - German currency.
FA: For Auction.
FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions.
FOTD/W/M/C: Find Of The Day/Week/Month/Century - a very good/cheap/large/rare
   deal involving lego.
FUT: Follow-Up To [different lugnet newsgroup]. Any replies to that post will
be redirected to a certain group.
FS: For Sale.
FT: For Trade.
FYI: For Your Information.
HAND: Have A Nice Day.
HOG: Hand Of God - when you move minifigs around, they think it's this.
HTH: Hope That Helps.
IE: See MSIE.
IG: Imperial Guards, a Pirates subtheme.
IIRC: If I Recall Correctly.
IMHO: In My Humble Opinion.
IMNSHO: In My Not So Humble Opinion.
IMO: In My Opinion.
KABOB: Kid with A Bunch Of Bricks.
LMK: Let Me Know.
LMKWYT: Let Me Know What You Think.
LOL: Laughing Out Loud.
LS@H: See S@H.
LSAH: See S@H.
MCM: Mega/Multi Core Magnetizer, 6989.
MF or m-f: often MiniFig; or in star wars context, Millenium Falcon.
MIB: Mint In Box.
MISB: Mint In Sealed Box.
MOC: My Own Creation.
MOTD/W/M: Model Of The Day/Week/Month, etc.
MSIE: MicroSoft Internet Explorer.
MT: Model Team or M-Tron (the latter is a Space subtheme).
NDL: Neptune Discovery Lab, 6195.
NLF: Non-Lego Friend/Fiancé/Fiancée (usually Friend).
NLP: Non-Lego Parent.
NLS: Non-Lego Spouse.
NLSO: Non-Lego Significant Other.
NN: Netscape Navigator.
OTOH: On The Other Hand.
PEWC (pronounced "puke"): Prefab Explorien Wing, Cockpit.
POOP: Piece [that can or should be made] Of Other Pieces.
RBR: Red Beard Runner, 6289.
ROFL (or variants): Rolling On the Floor Laughing (this often appears with
   more letters at the end, e.g. ROFLOL is Rolling On the Floor Laughing Out
   Loud. There are too many variants to list them).
RR: RailRoad or Rock Raiders.
RTL: Rec.Toys.Lego - a Lego newsgroup.
S@H: LEGO Shop at Home, a mail order branch of LEGO. Also known as LS@H, SAH,
   LSAH.
SAH: See S@H.
SES: Skull's Eye Schooner, 6286.
SNOT: Studs Not On Top.
SP: Space Police, a Space subtheme - refers to black/blue/trans-red variety.
   Also SP1.
SP2: Space Police 2, a space subtheme - refers to gray/black/red/trans-green
   variety.
STAMP: STicker Across Multiple Pieces
SPUD: Special/Single Piece/Purpose Ugly/Useless/UnLEGOish Design/Decorative.
   (many people think that the many meanings of this acronym make it a great
   one!)
SW: Star Wars.
TC: Time Cruisers.
TIA: Thanks In Advance.
TIMMY: Terrible Immature Minifig Master of Yucky... in other words, the Timmy
   minifig.
TLC: The Lego Company. Known by this name since autumn 1999, formerly TLG.
TLG: The Lego Group. Nowadays TLC, The Lego Company.
TRU: Toys 'R' Us.
TT: Time Twisters.
XP: see CP.
WM: Wal-Mart.